2018-19 Roster Talk: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
We've improved the bottom 6 by pushing lindblom down. Ots going to make camp very interesting to see who we bring up

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
My guess would be:

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
van Riemsdyk - Patrick - Voracek
Lindblom - Frost - Simmonds
Weal - Laughton - Raffl
Lehtera
Weise

Provorov - Gostisbehere
Sanheim - Gudas
MacDonald - Myers
Hagg

Elliott
Lyon

PP should be fun... interesting to see PP2 for sure.

It looks good but I can't see Hagg dropping down to #7. Especially after his upcoming extension.

Last edited:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Do we really think that Frost will make the team out of camp? I am not as confident about it.

Otherwise, I am curious to see how Hextall figures out bottom 6.

One thing is for sure, come October, we can't be looking on Laughton-Lehtera as 3rd, respectively 4th line center, right?!

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Just a thought but Sandstrom might be able to play his way onto the roster ahead of Hart. He's about two years older and has played against men already for a couple of seasons. He was over here this spring with the Phantoms so he might already be getting accustomed to the NA game and smaller rinks.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Just a thought but Sandstrom might be able to play his way onto the roster ahead of Hart. He's about two years older and has played against men already for a couple of seasons. He was over here this spring with the Phantoms so he might already be getting accustomed to the NA game and smaller rinks.

He's going back to the SEL this year

Reactions: BernieParent

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It looks good but I cna't see Hagg dropping down to #7. Especially after his upcoming extension.

I think the most likely scenario is Myers starting with the Phantoms and then getting a call-up when there is an injury. Whether or not he plays well enough to stick in the lineup will be up to him....and also up to our moron coach.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Do we really think that Frost will make the team out of camp? I am not as confident about it.

Otherwise, I am curious to see how Hextall figures out bottom 6.

One thing is for sure, come October, we can't be looking on Laughton-Lehtera as 3rd, respectively 4th line center, right?!

We could, but not in January.
Because Vorobyev and Rubtsov will be playing on the top lines in Lehigh, getting their on the job training.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We could, but not in January.
Because Vorobyev and Rubtsov will be playing on the top lines in Lehigh, getting their on the job training.

P5muRnw.jpg

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Had he not missed basically all of the year with his stomach problem (it annoys me that the beats keep saying "injury"...) which for a while was certainly way more serious than I think a lot of people realise, he could have a shot at beating Hart to the job.

But after a great start to the year a lot of development was lost, and it must have been pretty difficult mentally for a while, just having no idea what the future held.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think he'd still be in the SHL this year, with Lyon and Stolarz and no where else for Hart to go, it would be too crowded at LHV.
Sandstrom will get a shot at showing he's ready to come over with a full SHL campaign, and that's all you can ask.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Hart may be the real deal but then again he's not yet twenty years old. It's not his fault but he hasn't played against men yet but that is where it is. Neither Bernie Parent or Pelle Lindbergh were ready for the NHL until they were twenty-two and these were the best netminders that the Flyers have ever had. Hart is going to need some time in the AHL before he's ready to play here in town.
Elliott needed two surgeries in the last year. Neuvirth is an injury waiting to happen. I have no confidence that either of these guys make it through next season. So who ends up tending goal when these guys break down? Who is the guy in the next year? IMO, Sandstrom has as much skill as either Stolarz or Lyon, maybe more. If he shows that over the summer and in camp, it might be worth it for the Flyers to keep him here and not return him to Sweden.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
My guess would be:

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
van Riemsdyk - Patrick - Voracek
Lindblom - Frost - Simmonds
Weal - Laughton - Raffl
Lehtera
Weise

Provorov - Gostisbehere
Sanheim - Gudas
MacDonald - Myers
Hagg

Elliott
Lyon

PP should be fun... interesting to see PP2 for sure.

If you think Laughton stays at center, I don't think Frost is on the team because Laughton will be the 3C.

If Laughton goes to wing, I definitely don't think Frost is on the team, because it means they will find someone else to pencil in at 3C.

Nobody in the organization is betting for Frost to be the 3C on opening day, and regardless of how you feel or how well he plays, it won't change what the organization is doing now.

Frost very well could be our 3C on opening day, but if he is, that means he outplays Laughton for it AND we don't sign another 3C.

IF that is the case, and what I described above happens...our forward lineup is ridiculous.

Reactions: captainpaxil

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
So Hextall hasn't made a bad trade or signing yet? This is EXACTLY what I mean, some people would defend Hextall if he killed someone on live TV. He's made an abundance of bad signings including key ones like Elliott, and Neuvirth. He has also made some bad trades. The Mrazek trade was a bad one. He was horrible for the Flyers and it didn't work out. This whole "it was good at the time, but ended up bad thing" is a pathetic and laughable excuse.

Furthermore, it's a sad state of affairs when Flyers fans are so quick to accept to mediocrity. Forget about bad or not for a second, how many signings or trades has Hextall made in four years which have been great or game changers for the franchise. He hasn't signed one player in free agency who has a been a difference maker, and the only trade he has made which could potentially be a game changer was the Coburn trade which led to moving that pick and 61 to get Konecny.

Seeing as to how you have all the answers, what would you have done differently if you were Hextall? And put yourself in EXACTLY the same situation Hextall was in - salary cap issues, a farm system that was just beginning to take fruition, trying to keep the team competitive and afloat, and knowing you don't have the resources to make a trade for a legitimate top pairing right side defender or goaltender.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
If you think Laughton stays at center, I don't think Frost is on the team because Laughton will be the 3C.

If Laughton goes to wing, I definitely don't think Frost is on the team, because it means they will find someone else to pencil in at 3C.

Nobody in the organization is betting for Frost to be the 3C on opening day, and regardless of how you feel or how well he plays, it won't change what the organization is doing now.

Frost very well could be our 3C on opening day, but if he is, that means he outplays Laughton for it AND we don't sign another 3C.

IF that is the case, and what I described above happens...our forward lineup is ridiculous.

What I want it to be:

Giroux - Couts - TK
JVR - Patrick - Voracek
Lindblom - Frost - Simmer
Raffl - Laughton - NAK
Weal/Weise/Lehtera

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Myers
Morin (when healthy)/Hagg - Gudas
Amac/Hagg/Morin

Elliot
Lyon/Hart

....... What it most likely will be.....

Giroux - Couts - TK
JVR - Patrick - Voracek
Lindblom - Laughton - Simmer
Raffl - Lehtera - Leier/Weal
Weise

Provorov - Ghost
Hagg - Amac
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin

Elliot
Lyon

Reactions: AdamParrot

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They're gonna need a different 7th dman than Morin, though. He won't be ready till 2019.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
plz do NOT go into this season with Elliott n "im split in 1/2 again" Neuvy...

normally id be pretty optimistic about the season, but that goalie tandem is the worst in the league. I keep thinking to myself " just bring up hart". That stolarz injury really hurt us. He would have been the perfect stop gap , and if he showed he was ready he had the potential to be anumber 1 goalie.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Myers makes the team (if he can stay healthy), there isn't much left for him to prove in the AHL.
With Lindblom pushed down to the 3rd line, it gets crowded.
One spot open at 3C. Laughton, MV, Frost, Vorobyev. Anyone else who can play center?
Raffl a lock on the 4th line, so Weal, Leier, NAK, Bardreau and 3 of the above in the mix.

I still think Ron will make a September trade, you can pick up a bottom six center who is either a limited young player or a veteran who is overpaid using a package of these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad