Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think this is the last year we can even hope Hertl becomes the player we have all seen dominate at times. If he doesn't significantly improve this year then I think he is just winger he is used as now and will never become the #1 or 2C we all hope he becomes. He is starting to get a little old to be talking about potential.

He's already pretty much been the 2C when he's with Couture. During the flow of play they are often alternating their roles depending on positioning. And since he does take the bulk of the draws, he's got that going for him as well.

Jul 10, 2010
There are a lot of guys who can help us that may be available.

Panarin (elite rw- top 5 in the game)
Duchene (young 1b center with speed)
Staal (would be our best center if he plays like last year, legit #1)
Zucarello (playmaking rw, perfect fit for LC)
Stone (elite rw- top 5 in the game)
Nyquist (solid top 6 rw)
Eberle (goal scoring rw with speed)

how many times can DW rip off Doiron in one calendar year

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I am kind of worried about Dillon - Braun, they are both good players, pure quality wise it's a great 3rd pairing, but I worry about moving the puck heh.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I am kind of worried about Dillon - Braun, they are both good players, pure quality wise it's a great 3rd pairing, but I worry about moving the puck heh.

Me too, and I said this long before we got Karlsson when we were just speculating on adding an RD to replace Braun. Pre-season made it clear to me that my worries were justified.

Would like Mark Stone on the team. One of the best players on my former team.

Unfortunately, we probably can’t afford him outside of a rental. I really, really wish we didn’t sign Evander Kane, because then we would have the money to retain Karlsson and add another impact player like Stone, Panarin, Duchene, etc.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I can’t believe Melker is actually scratched.. first DeMelo gets traded and now Melker scratched? This is awesome!

Edit nvm

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Honestly, Melker in over Sorensen isn’t even that big of an issue. It’s still a problem for sure but the most important thing is that Goodrow is on the 4th line and that he is not playing at center.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Me too, and I said this long before we got Karlsson when we were just speculating on adding an RD to replace Braun. Pre-season made it clear to me that my worries were justified.

Unfortunately, we probably can’t afford him outside of a rental. I really, really wish we didn’t sign Evander Kane, because then we would have the money to retain Karlsson and add another impact player like Stone, Panarin, Duchene, etc.

Honestly, I'd be ok with moving Braun, giving his spot to Heed/Simek and using that cap space for a center and I feel like we wouldn't really lose anything on the back end. Seems like a no brainer.

Hell, I'd be ok with moving Braun and Dillon with how little they will play vs their salary. Move Dillon/Braun/Melker and you would have quite a bit of space.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Honestly, Melker in over Sorensen isn’t even that big of an issue. It’s still a problem for sure but the most important thing is that Goodrow is on the 4th line and that he is not playing at center.

Goodrow plus chartier is enough. Sorensen likely wins that last spot, but melker is actually a decent 13th forward imo.

Im glad deboer didnt move kane back up even though the team played bad. Shows they are looking at more than one off results.

This is pure opinion on my part, but i think chartier ends up beating out suomela for 3c.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Braun is actually pretty good at moving the puck and against lesser competition, I think that skill will show a lot more than it did before.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Braun is actually pretty good at moving the puck and against lesser competition, I think that skill will show a lot more than it did before.

Hope so. In the playoffs, when we are the away team and line matching, those two are going to get seriously targeted by opposing coaches heh. Thankfully the are both good skaters, Braun being elite speed wise.

Teams pretty fast top to bottom, outside of Pav's, Couture and Thornton.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Especially when you consider he's replacing Demelo, who thought the puck was a live grenade. I don't have any concerns about them as a 3rd pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad