Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Well I'm definitely not in the camp of "Vlasic is going to get better with age", but i'm certainly in the camp of "Vlasic's decline should be gradual, not steep". I expect Vlasic to be solid, not a liability, and i think he still has that capability, fully.

I guess, in summary, i refuse to believe that natural decline with age is the only factor in his dreadful season so far. Maybe i'm just overall sour on the system and trying to use it as a blanket blame for all of our player's poor performances.

His play may be the most frustrating thing about the season so far. I'm hungry for answers

Yeah this is all fair. I agree that some of his decline is due to him declining individually and some of it is due to coaching. We might disagree on what percentage of it is caused by each factor but I still think he could seriously turn it around with different coaching.

I definitely don’t think that he has declined so much that he can no longer be not a liability.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Yeah this is all fair. I agree that some of his decline is due to him declining individually and some of it is due to coaching. We might disagree on what percentage of it is caused by each factor but I still think he could seriously turn it around with different coaching.

I definitely don’t think that he has declined so much that he can no longer be not a liability.

I think we agree then lol. definitely an amalgamation of things. it's just incredibly frustrating.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Philly and Arizona are gonna be desperate for a goalie in the immediate future. If there's any time to dump Jones and his contract, now's the time to do it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Philly and Arizona are gonna be desperate for a goalie in the immediate future. If there's any time to dump Jones and his contract, now's the time to do it.

I have sincere doubts that Jones would have either Arizona or Philly listed as one of his three teams to accept a trade to.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

It’s just not worth it right now and it’s not worth trading Dell either. We need to improve the defense in front of them ASAP and then give them at least 15 more games each to prove themselves before we even consider trading them. And if we trade them, we need to replace them with somebody better; that’s definitely not Antoine Bibeau, Josef Korenar, and I don’t think it’s anybody on the market. It’s not Bobrovsky either.

There will definitely be a taker for Jones in the off-season at 5 years/$20M if we retain $1.75M. With his 3-team NTC, he definitely won’t waive for Arizona who won’t need him at that point but he could waive for Calgary who will still need him and where he played Junior.

I have sincere doubts that Jones would have either Arizona or Philly listed as one of his three teams to accept a trade to.

Calgary is the place I think something could be worked out but I don’t think we need to do that right now.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
I saw a story that we have an advanced stats guy on staff. If that is true, why does this team do everything back asswards that would suggest otherwise ?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
I saw a story that we have an advanced stats guy on staff. If that is true, why does this team do everything back asswards that would suggest otherwise ?

Because NHL advanced stats are vastly different than what you or I have access too AND they can be quite subjective. Depending on how they define their model the conclusions can be very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad