Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #3 - Not so bad at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wonder if they'd take KConn plus something else. Just thinking in terms of dollars going out on our side, KConn is expendable.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I wonder if they'd take KConn plus something else. Just thinking in terms of dollars going out on our side, KConn is expendable.
Great idea. It does seem like they’ve got a clear-cut top five D in Carlson, Orlov, Niskanen, Kempny and Orpik that are all playing 18+ mins and then they’ve got a handful of very young kids in their early twenties that are rotating sheltered minutes under 14mins or so in Siegenthaler, Bowey, and Djoos. This is great depth and a good way to break these kids in. They may want a veteran option for the 2nd half push and the playoffs. Especially as injury insurance for another vet.

The Coyotes have two third rounders and are missing a seventh rounder. Maybe Connauton and the Chicago 3rd for Burakovsky and the Washington 7th?

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Don’t get fooled by a hot streak. He’s invisible when he cools off and he’s more cold than hot. Sell high.
He is what he's always been. A decent tweener prone to hot/cold streaks offensively. He's fine in a third or fourth line role. I'd resign him if he's being reasonable. Not sure I'd trade him otherwise just because he'd only bring a third or so. Too many sellers.

I'm not opposed to moving him, I just don't see his value as super high, and we need to replace the Cousins and Archibalds with Paniks.

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Guessing OEL's going to be out a while. I kinda hope they'd bring up Robbie Russo or Jordan Gross to give us a right-shot option.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Burakovsky would be a good add. I don’t want to ditch Panik at this point but I also have ZERO interest in re-signing Panik. If the trade was UFA for RFA, I’d be very tempted. Even if we had to add a bit. Panik+4th for Burakovsky is quite palatable to me. I’m assuming Panik is about to disappear.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. If we are pushing for a playoff spot, moving Panik for Burakovsky doesnt really help us this year. Addition by subtraction. KConn for Burakovsky absolutely makes sense. I don't especially have interest in re-signing Panik, But if the money is right and free agents don't bite this summer I have no problem bringing him back for a 3rd line role. Hard to say if Burakovsky would be a good fit on this team or a better one than Panik.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Burakovsky would be a good add. I don’t want to ditch Panik at this point but I also have ZERO interest in re-signing Panik. If the trade was UFA for RFA, I’d be very tempted. Even if we had to add a bit. Panik+4th for Burakovsky is quite palatable to me. I’m assuming Panik is about to disappear.

Would you qualify Burakovsky at $3.25m this summer?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Floated Goligoski and Weal for Armia and a third. Seemed okay. Armia isn't special, but has some size and is a rightie. We shed a contract spot and salary.

I know some of you hate him, but I feel we might actually get more at the deadline were we inclined to move him.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Floated Goligoski and Weal for Armia and a third. Seemed okay. Armia isn't special, but has some size and is a rightie. We shed a contract spot and salary.

I know some of you hate him, but I feel we might actually get more at the deadline were we inclined to move him.

Not bad skills for an NHL "plug"...

And:

Armia against the Coyotes

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I didn't say he was a plug. He's got skill and size. But is 25 and has never put it all together. Don't think it's going to happen. Still a good complimentary player and we can use the size. Has 12 points in 24 games. His best year to date (pace) in his fourth year. Had 29 points, 12 goals last year in 79 games. Coming off knee surgery.

Decent response from Habs fans.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I didn't say he was a plug. He's got skill and size. But is 25 and has never put it all together. Don't think it's going to happen. Still a good complimentary player and we can use the size. Has 12 points in 24 games. His best year to date (pace) in his fourth year. Had 29 points, 12 goals last year in 79 games. Coming off knee surgery.

Decent response from Habs fans.

I know sorry I was just a bit tongue in cheek with the "plug" comment :) Armia is a good player. Good trade by the Habs to get him. Honestly I am more amazed at the level of skill it takes to be a top player in the NHL if "average" guys are like this.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I played pick up with Winnik once when he was in the ECHL, and he was freaking amazing. Thought he'd be a star player in this league. Ha ha

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Friedman:

On Burakovsky: The Capitals have asked for a couple of mid-to-high round draft picks in exchange (seconds and thirds would be a good get) for him. That would give them more flexibility and assets to chase what they need.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Friedman:

On Burakovsky: The Capitals have asked for a couple of mid-to-high round draft picks in exchange (seconds and thirds would be a good get) for him. That would give them more flexibility and assets to chase what they need.
We have two 3rds, but they’re both really early 3rds. Seems like a steep price.

Reactions: _Del_ and CLW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad