Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Henry is in his +2 season in juniors... if he wasn't dominating, it would be a very bad sign for his professional future, let alone his NHL future. Henry isn't super skilled, isn't real physical, isn't great defensively, and isn't big.... there is a chance he can find a niche as a 3rd line goal scoring guy, but I don't think there is enough ability to be a 2nd line guy ever. The more realistic projection is of a 2nd line AHL guy in a few seasons.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He could end up a bottom 6 forward as a ceiling.

Yeah that's best case scenario but I'd say more likely result is Top 6 AHL forward.

I havent seen him much this year(Just the one game) but last year I saw a bit more and was really unimpressed each time. Nothing that stood out as far as talent.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Whenever I see the name Nick Henry I think of

SD_713_Photo_085.jpg

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
When somebody is as young as Henry is, there's always still a chance that he grows into a bottom six NHL forward. The ceiling is there, IMO, but it's not super likely he reaches it. The real test will be the same as it was for Beaudin, his first pro season. If he continues to grow there, there'll be a chance. Otherwise, it'll end up being the same kind of situation as JCB.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m legit LOL’ing at Makar just toying with everybody on the ice in this game. He’s so much better than everyone else. First time I’ve seen him before Christmas.

Reactions: Ararana and S3rkie

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I’m legit LOL’ing at Makar just toying with everybody on the ice in this game. He’s so much better than everyone else. First time I’ve seen him before Christmas.

That last shift trying to rifle off his shot twice after the nasty move at the blueline, then deciding to just skate around their net a couple of times before cantering it was ridiculous. Stupid confidence and ability.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Makar just made Fabbro look like a slower version of Chara by racing (and beating him) to the puck creating a breakaway from the back end lol.

Reactions: S3rkie

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
The commentators think Makar is a Columbus prospect. You'd think they might know it's Colorado since bowers is also ours.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Bad play at the end, but not surprised with it. He crushes people when he puts his mind to it. Lit up some poor kid at the offensive blue line a few games ago like he was prime Niklas Kronwall. That’s what makes the uninformed posts about a small offensive D all the funnier. Kid is built like Sid and Nate, you aren’t going to move like he does without having insane leg and core strenght and when he hits you you know you’ve been hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad