Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospect Development Tracker - The Heirs to Polak's Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
L'Esperance scores goal #22 now. Texas Stars win 4-2

He is now 2nd in the AHL in goals. 1 behind the lead with 3 games in hand

Reactions: Hull Fan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jason Robertson's 18 game point streak came to an end tonight. 3 points in his last 4 games so I guess he's on a bit of scoring "drought"? Lol

Liam Hawel with a goal and an assist though. 45 points in 40 games for him now.

Damiani also with a goal tonight to put him at 39 points in 32 games

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hadn't Pronman Heiskanen ranked like ~15-20th prior to the season for no reason. ? No sure i trust that guy for anything.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pronman put out a list too: Pronman: 2018-19 midseason NHL prospects ranking

• Denis Guryanov ranked 28 for skaters
  • Jake Oettinger ranked 12 for goalies
  • Roope Hintz an honourable mention
  • Ty Dellandrea, Jason Robertson unranked
Joey Veleno ranked 37th. Makes u think.

Hadn't Pronman Heiskanen ranked like ~15-20th prior to the season for no reason. ? No sure i trust that guy for anything.

Before his list he puts the disclaimer that he values speed and skill more than anything for forwards so I figured Robertson wasn't going to be there

At least Guri gets some more love. Kinda wonder how scouts and teams around the league view him. Could be a good trade piece although speed and skill is what Nill wants more of

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'm sure scouts lists vary heavily. I wouldn't care if Pronman had Heiskanen at 15-20 (which he didn't) last year. Scouting is for the most part subjective, and Pronman does a good job with his descriptions in his rankings (unlike Button who provides no descriptions for the most part).

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Surprised to see Guri that high on Pronman's list quite honestly. Jury is still out though.

I don't really agree with his judging criteria. Seems insane to leave Robertson off a list like this because of "speed".

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Pronman's a tool. As much as I'm not a huge fan of Button, I value his rankings and assessments much more than Pronman.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Pronman put out a list too: Pronman: 2018-19 midseason NHL prospects ranking

• Denis Guryanov ranked 28 for skaters
  • Jake Oettinger ranked 12 for goalies
  • Roope Hintz an honourable mention
  • Ty Dellandrea, Jason Robertson unranked
Joey Veleno ranked 37th. Makes u think.

To follow up with these rankings, I asked Pronman about Robertson's skating and this was his response:

The skating really worries me. He's not just slow/needs strength the stride has technical issues. Hands, IQ, shot are all great and I want to love his game but every live viewing of his skating pushes me away.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
To follow up with these rankings, I asked Pronman about Robertson's skating and this was his response:

He's got a point. His skating worries me too which is kinda why I hope we trade him in a deal for a top 6 guy (with term only though or an extension planned)...especially if this team wants to get faster. With that being said I don't think he has as much value as we all think. His skating is, and rightfully so, something that could scare teams away from taking him back as the main piece in a deal with the league getting faster and all. Tough to say though. What if he turns into Mark Stone or Jamie Benn and improves his skating?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
He's got a point. His skating worries me too which is kinda why I hope we trade him in a deal for a top 6 guy (with term only though or an extension planned)...especially if this team wants to get faster. With that being said I don't think he has as much value as we all think. His skating is, and rightfully so, something that could scare teams away from taking him back as the main piece in a deal with the league getting faster and all. Tough to say though. What if he turns into Mark Stone or Jamie Benn and improves his skating?

Yeah he 100% has a point but I love Jason Robertson too much.

Reactions: Kcb12345

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Also Dellandrea with a 5 point night (1 G, 4 assists)...46 points (15 G, 31 A) in 38 games now

I know he's playing for a poor squad, but even considering the situation, is 1.21 ppg in the OHL a big deal? Don't they score in bunches there?

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

From what I've read, Doug Armstrong advised Jamie, in person, to work on his quad strength, when he saw an asset whom could become something. Wonder if Nill has even had that conversation with JR.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I know he's playing for a poor squad, but even considering the situation, is 1.21 ppg in the OHL a big deal? Don't they score in bunches there?

Team considered, it’s about where he should be.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Robertson needs to take power skating lessons in the summer. His stride is god awful. He actually improved his fitness and strength over the past summer and it only slightly improved his skating. Robertson needs a Barbara Underhill.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

The recent uptick in play for the team, after the horrid start for both Dellandrea and the Firebirds in general, coincided with a change in coaching. The previous coach kind of just gave up on the team and it reflected in the record, but Eric Wellwood has been great for turning around the team and making them at least competitive each night.

Dellandrea's worth was reflected in how hard the top teams were pushing for him at the trade deadline. He's a great player whose overall contribution is not reflected in his current point output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad