Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospect Development Tracker - The Heirs to Polak's Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Robertson was one of, if not the best USA forward from everything I have seen. (I missed the game).

19:13 ice time, 2 shots, penalty shot attempt

Back was centering the fourth line, dominated the dot, and plays the PK for Sweden.

He finished with over 15 minutes of ice time and was trusted by the coaches in defensive situations.

Reactions: Hull Fan

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Unfortunately missed the USA game but being a Victoria resident im pretty damn excited to see him play in person later this week

Cool fellow Vancouver Island resident, small world! Got to see Back play today. Sweden put him out there every pk and nearly every time their was a defensive zone draw. Not a sexy player, but coach trusts him a lot

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Cool fellow Vancouver Island resident, small world! Got to see Back play today. Sweden put him out there every pk and nearly every time their was a defensive zone draw. Not a sexy player, but coach trusts him a lot

Crazy! Didnt think there would be many other Stars fans on the island let alone one that is also on HF. As to back that sounds like he is a swedish Faksa. Between Back, Faksa, Dellandrea we are really doing well at getting a projected 2 way C from as many countries as possible

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jason Robertson with 3 assists (all 3 of Farabee's goals) in the opening period for USA

Against Kazakhstan but still

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Anyone here have a good feel for Hawel? Was a long shot kinda guy but seems to be having a good year in Guelph. Just a case of older, big player feasting on younger jrs... or late blooming guy finding his game?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Anyone here have a good feel for Hawel? Was a long shot kinda guy but seems to be having a good year in Guelph. Just a case of older, big player feasting on younger jrs... or late blooming guy finding his game?

My feeling/assumption is it's a 4th year in the CHL thing. I have nothing to base that on other than it happens all the time with B/C prospects.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I think Hawel is still a longshot prospect, but he definitely has some upside. His biggest strength in my viewings is his passing ability, but he still needs to fill out his frame because he gets knocked off the puck too easily.

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
If I remember correct Hawel was one of those draft picks where you think if he can develop strength to take advantage of his frame it will be awesome.

His appearance is more lanky than "kid that needs couple years to get stronger" but most importantly he has been steadily improving.

Which is probably the best possible indicator of talent.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Robertson with the pretty assist to setup a breakaway goal. He's not the greatest skater but man he makes some pretty and clean passes and smart offensive plays.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Is there some rule players need to be on the AHL roster to make the All-Star game ? Otherwise i don't think sending Denis down without a replacement was that smart with Benn maybe missing a game or two . Now the team only has 11 healthy forwards including Ritchie.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
So I'm heading for my first Kamloops Blazers game tonight. Hoping both Jermaine Loewen and Dylan Ferguson will be playing. Anyone know if the Stars have any other prospects in the Blazers roster? Or the Kelowna Rockets who they are playing? It's not clear from either of those teams web sites which players have been drafted by NHL teams.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Kelowna don't appear to have any NHL draftees on their roster right now. Once upon a time a certain Jamie Benn played for them. As did Blake Comeau which I didn't know. The Blazers of course have LOTS of Stars connections........

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Kelowna don't appear to have any NHL draftees on their roster right now. Once upon a time a certain Jamie Benn played for them. As did Blake Comeau which I didn't know. The Blazers of course have LOTS of Stars connections........
Nolan Foote, the son of Adam Foote, is on the rockets and is supposed to be a first round pick in the 2019 draft. Just something to look out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad