Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospect Development Tracker - The Heirs to Polak's Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gurianov has been really good again . Not much more he can do in the AHL but so far it hasn't translated to the NHL like it did for Hintz .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gurianov has been really good again . Not much more he can do in the AHL but so far it hasn't translated to the NHL like it did for Hintz .

I think he could possibly do what Hintz is doing if used in a top 6 role, but the biggest problem is he doesn't play as hard as Hintz and isn't as good/aggressive defensively. That's the biggest thing holding him back, and that won't fly with Monty. I actually though during his last call-up he looked pretty confident offensively and wasn't playing bad but they're watching him like a hawk now so any mistakes he makes are gonna cost him

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think he could possibly do what Hintz is doing if used in a top 6 role, but the biggest problem is he doesn't play as hard as Hintz and isn't as good/aggressive defensively. That's the biggest thing holding him back, and that won't fly with Monty. I actually though during his last call-up he looked pretty confident offensively and wasn't playing bad but they're watching him like a hawk now so any mistakes he makes are gonna cost him

I mean Hintz sort of struggled to find a role for most of the year as well and somehow it clicked about a month ago and now he looks confident as hell and the coaching staff now trusts him with big minutes. Since that game in Florida against the Panthers Hintz played 14 minutes or more every single game. Prior to that mostly around 10 minutes .

Playing with confidence and beeing trusted really makes a massive difference .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I mean Hintz sort of struggled to find a role for most of the year as well and somehow it clicked about a month ago and now he looks confident as hell and the coaching staff now trusts him with big minutes. Since that game in Florida against the Panthers Hintz played 14 minutes or more every single game. Prior to that mostly around 10 minutes .

Playing with confidence and beeing trusted really makes a massive difference .

Playing with Tyler Seguin and Alex Radulov might explain a lot of it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Roope Hintz is playing on a 40 point pace since the beginning of February and people are acting like he's the second coming of Christ.

This recent stretch of literally 5 games is doing a number on people here.

Reactions: Robert Kentwood

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Roope Hintz is playing on a 40 point pace since the beginning of February and people are acting like he's the second coming of Christ.

This recent stretch of literally 5 games is doing a number on people here.

40 point pace on the Stars ? That might be a 100 point pace on a NHL team with better offense o_O

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'd be more than happy with Hintz being a 15 goal/35 point guy if guys like Gurianov, Robertson and Dellandrea become players. And your boi Rilelite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad