GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
VGK is without Haula (perhaps for the season) and the rest of the team has not stepped up to fill in for his offensive output. (He's one of five on the IR; but you kinda ignore Clarkson who's just a stat.) And the bounces have not been going their way.

MAF has been a workhorse and has the only wins of the franchise; I think the effort is beginning to show. (Subban and Lagace, when they have played, have yet to have a win this season.)

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
VGK is without Haula (perhaps for the season) and the rest of the team has not stepped up to fill in for his offensive output. (He's one of five on the IR; but you kinda ignore Clarkson who's just a stat.) And the bounces have not been going their way.

MAF has been a workhorse and has the only wins of the franchise; I think the effort is beginning to show. (Subban and Lagace, when they have played, have yet to have a win this season.)

I think Haula, other injuries, and bounces pale in comparison to the severe regression of Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I looked at their numbers the other day and I couldn’t believe their point totals.

I can’t either. They were legitimately great last season and this is a higher scoring year. None of them are even in the top-90 for points. William Karlsson has 1 more point than Kevin LaBanc.

They have basically turned into the team that everybody thought they were last year. No real star players, and their depth carrying them. Alex Tuch is a slightly lesser version of Timo Meier and he’s by far their best skater this season.

Reactions: Phu

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I can’t either. They were legitimately great last season and this is a higher scoring year. None of them are even in the top-90 for points. William Karlsson has 1 more point than Kevin LaBanc.

They have basically turned into the team that everybody thought they were last year. No real star players, and their depth carrying them. Alex Tuch is a slightly lesser version of Timo Meier and he’s by far their best skater this season.

They're incredibly lucky that the Pacific is straight up garbage.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I didn't realize Vegas is on a 4 game losing streak.

They were red hot, like us, before we played them and have tailed off big time. Wonder if that loss is still lingering. Their postgame comments seemed to indicate that they took it really hard.

As for Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault line, one bright spot for Vegas is it shouldn't be too hard to re-sign Karlsson w/ his regression this season.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I didn't realize Vegas is on a 4 game losing streak.

They were red hot, like us, before we played them and have tailed off big time. Wonder if that loss is still lingering. Their postgame comments seemed to indicate that they took it really hard.

As for Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault line, one bright spot for Vegas is it shouldn't be too hard to re-sign Karlsson w/ his regression this season.
This is their second ever 4 game losing streak in franchise history. The first one was in the Stanley cup finals.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Vegas was never a good team, they just got to play 9-on-5 all year last season and got otherworldly goaltending through 3 rounds of the playoffs

They have a bad roster and an average coach, this is not a surprise

Just wait until Seattle goes to the finals in their first year, the NHL will do anything to inflate the expansion fee, legitimacy of sport be damned

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
They pretty much lucked their way into a good 1st line last year. Now that's missing and they're just a middle of the pack team that's obviously missing elite talent. They're in a good position for the future though.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Pretty crazy that Karlsson signed a one year extension after his monster year. Almost as if Vegas management had an inkling it might have been a one off season for him last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad