GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Pretty crazy that Karlsson signed a one year extension after his monster year. Almost as if Vegas management had an inkling it might have been a one off season for him last year
Didn't he want a one-year deal though?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I just finished watching Sens-Leafs.

Duchene was the best skater on the ice for either team and Ottawa actually looked pretty good.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The Kings are only four points out of the last playoff spot in the west with a game in hand. I hope they buy at the deadline. :naughty:
LOL. I know you are kidding but I am curious what teams in the West are actually sellers. The West is pretty tight and a lot of teams have a chance of making it in as the wild card teams. The East on the other hand seems like there are quite a few teams that are out of it.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
The Wild Card race in the West is ludicrous. No one has been able to pull away and everyone is still in it. Philly just had an 8 game winning streak, yet LA is closer to a playoff spot then them. Anaheim had lost 18 of 20, but have picked up enough loser points along the way to still be in it. It's crazy...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I was watching Drouin yesterday and he moves and plays just like Havlat. Same skating stride, same stickhandling, same shot. It’s interesting.

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
Man. Ducks down 4-0 vs PHI in the 1st period. Gibson scratched eh? Is that due to the last game he got pulled and was pissed at/side-eyeing Carlyle?

-55 goal differential on the season holy moly. Still only 4 points outs of a wild card spot lmaooo

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I really, really want to get the top seed in the West. There are five good teams, two solid teams (Dallas and St. Louis) and a bunch of bad teams fighting for the 8th seed. Winning the West will be the difference between playing Vegas in the first round or playing Vancouver/Minnesota/Colorado/Arizona in the first round, which is to say, a HUGE difference.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
I really, really want to get the top seed in the West. There are five good teams, two solid teams (Dallas and St. Louis) and a bunch of bad teams fighting for the 8th seed. Winning the West will be the difference between playing Vegas in the first round or playing Vancouver/Minnesota/Colorado/Arizona in the first round, which is to say, a HUGE difference.

Although I feel the Sharks will put up a better fight against Vegas this year, it's for the Sharks indeed better to avoid them in round 1. It would be however an amazing serie, the winner likely (pretty banged up) facing the Flames for another great serie.

Last edited:

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Plus then you only have to play one of Vegas and Calgary assuming we at least win the division and the standings hold up

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I don’t even think I would say Dallas and St. Louis are solid. They’re on pace for 91 and 88 points, respectively. Both of them would be well out of a playoff spot in any normal year. Hell, Vegas is on pace for 95 points, which would have been 8th in the West last year.

But, that is exactly why winning the West is huge. Because, as weak as those teams are...every other team is so much worse. :laugh:

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
I don’t even think I would say Dallas and St. Louis are solid. They’re on pace for 91 and 88 points, respectively. Both of them would be well out of a playoff spot in any normal year. Hell, Vegas is on pace for 95 points, which would have been 8th in the West last year.

But, that is exactly why winning the West is huge. Because, as weak as those teams are...every other team is so much worse. :laugh:
I think St Louis is pretty good. They struggled hard early this season (so low point total), but they're heating up now. Not that we'd have to play them until the Conference Finals either way, and I don't think they're that good that they'll make it past WPG and NSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad