GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I know it was impossible for them to know beforehand, but my god the NHL schedule makers gave Calgary the weakest opponents this month.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Vegas with a few minutes left has 46 shots on goal and only 1 in. Insane..... very beatable team with adequate defense/goaltending.

47 SOG saved and 37 in a row!

Nash wins!

They’re not a very good team. Alex Tuch just scored his 40th point of the season, so they finally have a player who has at least 40 points. Meanwhile, San Jose has 7 players with at least 42 points.

Some of that is due to injuries, but Marchessault and Karlsson have played every game and have 35 and 32 points, respectively. They just don’t have any sort of top end talent outside of Fleury and if they Marchessault/Karlsson don’t turn things around quick, they will be an easy out for whoever plays them in the playoffs.

They also just looked so meh tonight. It feels like their magic is gone.

Reactions: Sandisfan

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
They’re not a very good team. Alex Tuch just scored his 40th point of the season, so they finally have a player who has at least 40 points. Meanwhile, San Jose has 7 players with at least 42 points.

Some of that is due to injuries, but Marchessault and Karlsson have played every game and have 35 and 32 points, respectively. They just don’t have any sort of top end talent outside of Fleury and if they Marchessault/Karlsson don’t turn things around quick, they will be an easy out for whoever plays them in the playoffs.

Agreed with most. However, their “magic” is still far from gone. We still have refs after all !

Reactions: Sandisfan and Bizz

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

And yet they are only 3 points behind us, despite the terrible start they had to the season. I think it would be a big mistake to underestimate Vegas.

I could not put a finger on it last year and this year is much the same for me. Something with that team just works. Despite the lack of elite talent on both F and D, they are continuing to do be a very good team.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

You mean that William Karlsson wasn't going to shoot 23 percent again or whatever it was?

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Sandisfan

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
I don't even know what to say about that one. Nothing wrong at all. Its not Backstrom's fault that Gaudreau is 5'9 or whatever he lies about his height being.
It’s that tkachuck *spelling?* character. Man is he a rat. Worse than our boy Kadri by a mile.

The entire game he was being a punk. Heck, I wanted to jump through the screen and slap the heck out of him.

As far as Gaudreau; I got a chance to meet him at the airport one time. I am 5’10” and there’s not a way in hell that guy is an inch over 5’7”my wife was every bit as tall as him. Very, very, small man. Both In height and weight. The guy has a body of a prepubescent teenager.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
It’s that tkachuck *spelling?* character. Man is he a rat. Worse than our boy Kadri by a mile.

The entire game he was being a punk. Heck, I wanted to jump through the screen and slap the heck out of him.

As far as Gaudreau; I got a chance to meet him at the airport one time. I am 5’10” and there’s not a way in hell that guy is an inch over 5’7”my wife was every bit as tall as him. Very, very, small man. Both In height and weight. The guy has a body of a prepubescent teenager.

Talking about Tkachuk and his “truculence,” I remember his dad, Keith, back in the day. He was quite an asshat too. I did not like him when he played us but he was Owen Nolan before Nolan was Nolan. In my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad