GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
The kings and ducks struggling to start the year just makes me happy every time I watch them. Now if only someone would turn off John Gibson's God mode

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Man Elias Petterson is so good. Also, impressed with Goldobin in the games I have watched this year, and he looks much bigger then I remember him being.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Dang, really not a fan of EDM's depth players scoring lately, makes them a very dangerous team.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Would be nice for Karlsson's confidence to give him some PP time... Who am I kidding just give it to Melker.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I know it's early but there doesn't seem to be any cupcakes in the Pacific like Arizona, Vancouver, and Edmonton was last year. If they can keep it up then they've gotten better quicker than I thought and could make the Pacific more competitive than I'd like.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
For how much every one says the pacific is always the worst. It is amazing that the worst division can have 4 top 10 teams. Lol

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
For how much every one says the pacific is always the worst. It is amazing that the worst division can have 4 top 10 teams. Lol

NHL.com needs to start rankings teams by points percentage. The NHL does do this the actual purposes of ranking teams during the season (for waiver rights or ASG coaching), but their website just organizes things by points, which is lazy and disingenuous.

Vancouver with 18 points in 15 games is not ahead of Montreal with 16 points in 13 games, Pittsburgh with 15 points in 12 games, NYI with 17 points in 13 games, Winnipeg with 17 points in 14 games, or Colorado with 17 points in 14 games. They are behind all these teams.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Bob Boughner seems like a good dude and decent coach but it's pretty bonkers to see that his shitty PK system is still the same as ever. League worst right now at 68.4%.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Bob Boughner seems like a good dude and decent coach but it's pretty bonkers to see that his ****ty PK system is still the same as ever. League worst right now at 68.4%.

I don’t think we make the SCF without his defensive systems. That was the best performance we’ve gotten out of Burns and Vlasic. Special teams may not be his forte, but he was fantastic for us in terms of getting the most from our defenseman.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
VGK loses Haula to injury (fell awkwardly); LBI. Taken off on stretcher.

VGK trainer joined by TML trainer and doctor on ice.

VGK has yet to have full healthy and unsuspended team. (And doesn't look like full roster will be available any time soon with Statsny and now Haula out injured; Schmidt should be back from suspension soon.)

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
VGK loses Haula to injury (fell awkwardly); LBI. Taken off on stretcher.

VGK trainer joined by TML trainer and doctor on ice.

VGK has yet to have full healthy and unsuspended team. (And doesn't look like full roster will be available any time soon with Statsny and now Haula out injured; Schmidt should be back from suspension soon.)

They've got 13 points in 15 games, Haula is almost certainly out long term, and Stastny is confirmed as well.

They're not making the playoffs. Looks like fluke teams that beat us in the playoffs are cursed to not even make it the following year.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Vegas finally dealing with reality?

giphy.gif

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Definitely a big dose of reality. Have been sub 0.500 most of the season (one or two games at .500).

There has been a team meeting. Coaching staff is on their case that they are not playing as hard/energy-filled as last season (hard to sustain).

But not having your #1 d-man for first quarter of the season makes it harder.

Reactions: NiWa

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I'm honestly impressed with how Tampa is consistently tops in the league in attendance. This place is packed to the top of the upper bowl against the Sens.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm honestly impressed with how Tampa is consistently tops in the league in attendance. This place is packed to the top of the upper bowl against the Sens.

They have one of the most fun teams to watch in the league. I'm not surprised, other then maybe wishing the Rays in Baseball were the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad