GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
30 years. That's quite remarkable, especially considering teammates like the Sedins, Sakic/Forsberg, Yzerman/Federov, Jagr/Lemieux, Lindros/Recchi/LeClair, Sundin/Mogilny etc all played during this span.

This isnt a league wide thing. It is strictly an oilers thing. It is the 1st time since the 80's that 2 oiler team mates have done it. Just doing 1 year for the pens shows its been done with lemieux and jagr. And it was also done by crosby and malkin in 2008/09

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This isnt a league wide thing. It is strictly an oilers thing. It is the 1st time since the 80's that 2 oiler team mates have done it. Just doing 1 year for the pens shows its been done with lemieux and jagr. And it was also done by crosby and malkin in 2008/09
Oh okay. That makes a lot of sense.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
If Wild can hold on to beat Vegas and the Sharks somehow beat Vegas tomorrow they will clinch 2nd place and then can rest their other players such as Thornton,Burns, and Couture.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watching Miller play Calgary, I can’t believe some Sharks fans wanted this guy...
He's almost certainly better than Dell, who has been unplayable for quite a while and has been reduced to ECHL caliber, but I think he was overachieving for a lot of this year.

If Wild can hold on to beat Vegas and the Sharks somehow beat Vegas tomorrow they will clinch 2nd place and then can rest their other players such as Thornton,Burns, and Couture.
What are the chances that the LA Vegas Golden Kings tie this up right now with the extra attacker?

Last edited by a moderator:

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Would be awesome to clinch home-ice tomorrow...maybe some guys could get a game off on the Vancouver/Edmonton road trip then.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Win tonight, clinch 2, then scratch a key forward that needs a night off tomorrow and let Haley play 20 minutes.

Who cares if he gets suspended as long as messages get sent. Sharks already know they can beat Calgary, now it's time to beat some of them up.

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
Watching the WSH/TBL game, and WSH came out hard and they're handling TBL pretty well. These teams just seem to see the ice so well and their zone entries are just so consistent - and the possessions are just so fun to watch.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
My goodness, did anyone happen to see Bennett get knocked cuckoo by Macdermid in the Kings game?
I’m sorry, I don’t have the know how to put it on here but if someone can, I’m sure Shark fans may like it.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
My goodness, did anyone happen to see Bennett get knocked cuckoo by Macdermid in the Kings game?
I’m sorry, I don’t have the know how to put it on here but if someone can, I’m sure Shark fans may like it.

Clean hit. What goes around comes around Sammie

Reactions: Bowie22

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Good hit, hope it works. At least the Kings are good for something this year. Locker room fodder and the smiting of our foes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Breaking news:

Mikko Koskinen ties Martin Jones for the league lead in goals I've counted stoppable this year. If the season were to end with them tied, Koskinen would win the stoppable goal Jennings Trophy, based on the tiebreaker of having allowed a higher percentage of goals I've counted stoppable than Jones. Koskinen. Even though the actual Jennings can be shared by goalies on different teams.

And Koskinen is neck and neck with Mike Smith for the stoppable goal Vezina.

I feel bad for the Oilers. BAD contract and not a guy you commit to over 2-3 hot months, which since he got extended, he's not been hot.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Breaking news:

Mikko Koskinen ties Martin Jones for the league lead in goals I've counted stoppable this year. If the season were to end with them tied, Koskinen would win the stoppable goal Jennings Trophy, based on the tiebreaker of having allowed a higher percentage of goals I've counted stoppable than Jones. Koskinen. Even though the actual Jennings can be shared by goalies on different teams.

And Koskinen is neck and neck with Mike Smith for the stoppable goal Vezina.

I feel bad for the Oilers. BAD contract and not a guy you commit to over 2-3 hot months, which since he got extended, he's not been hot.

Copy and paste this and post it again tonight. Koskinen is awful.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Copy and paste this and post it again tonight. Koskinen is awful.
And there it is! 2 more BAD goals on Koskinen tonight and he now leads the league in my stoppable goal count (by 2) AND percentage of stoppable goals allowed, so that means he'd get the stoppable goal Jennings AND the stoppable goal Vezina.

He might have the Jennings part of it wrapped up, unless Jones lets in a few more these last couple games or Hellebuyck comes from behind in the last couple games. Hellebuyck doesn't really deserve it, as he's been average to slightly above average in both save percentage and on my eye test, but he plays a lot of games and faced a lot of shots. Most of the heavily used starters are in the top-10 in count anyway or at least over the 40 mark, outside of Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Gibson and Andersen.

Mike Smith is probably gonna play again this year, so his chances at the first annual Bleedred stoppable goal Vezina are not as good as his chance at the Jennings.

That Barrie goal was hilariously bad and that Colin Wilson clean backhander from the upper part of the circle was also BAD. My detractors will attempt to suggest that he was ''Screened'' on this play, but he really shouldn't have been.

When you first made this post, I was surprised, as the Oilers played last night and I didn't even think Koskinen would be playing, because why the hell would you play Koskinen two nights in a row when you're already eliminated from the playoffs? From what I see, Stolarz dressed as the backup tonight, so it wasn't like it was some guy that's never played before in the NHL backing him up.

It's almost like they're trying to justify that contract by playing him so much. That or they're trying to piss Oilers fans off even more about it, to see how low his save percentage can get to end the season, leaving their fanbase to sleep on it the entire offseason and have to dread that this is their starter for at least next year or longer, due to cap problems. So unless they let an AHL guy run with it or Stolarz, he kind of has to be their starter at least for now, due to not being able to afford to sign another goalie at a significant rate.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Stupid Dallas. Now Colorado has something to play for tomorrow. The game's gonna be more physical and it'll be harder for the Sharks to get a win and home ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce