Prospect Info: 2018-19 Oilers Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Philip Broberg scores his first goal in a preseason game, going coast to coast, deking out 3 opponents, and then attempting a pass to his teammate in the slot, which deflects off a defender and in.

Reactions: MikeFLB

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

His skating reminds me so much of Scott Niedermeyer. No busy feet, not like he's really pumping his skates, but before you know it he's skated the puck out of danger, past the blue line and creating a scoring chance.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Pronman’s up to his 11th ranked prospect pool - still no Oilers.

Up to 10th now, still no Oilers.

So we’re in Pronman’s top 9. I really like his analysis in the Athletic.

Obviously our top 3 D prospect pipeline is bumping us up the rankings.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I know Pronman is a bit of a hit or miss. Like any person who scouts, he gets fixated on certain guys and disregards other guys.

I think Pronman has been higher on Broberg than most and he seemed to like Lavoie and Konovalov as well.

Its nice to see him be high on the Oilers though. I feel like a lot of media types go out of their way, just to bash us.

Button for example loved Bouchard, and then all of a sudden, Bouchards not a top 50 prospect anymore.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Up to 10th now, still no Oilers.

So we’re in Pronman’s top 9. I really like his analysis in the Athletic.

Obviously our top 3 D prospect pipeline is bumping us up the rankings.

Its kinda funny though, after Samurokovs year, a lot of non Oilers fan, dont put much value in him (it seems anyway). I really hope he turns out.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Its kinda funny though, after Samurokovs year, a lot of non Oilers fan, dont put much value in him (it seems anyway). I really hope he turns out.

I read some good articles on Oilers prospects on msn. The one on Samourukov held that while he was awesome it really was a small sample size. Only half a season and the playoffs. Plus it is his draft +2 year where he is somewhat expected to dominate due to Size and experience.

He is a very good blue chip prospect but it's too little/too early to make any real strong predictions of grandeur.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Here’s an excellent rundown by Cory Pronman. It’s the Athletic so you need to be a subscriber but it’s well worth it IMO.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
For those who don’t subscribe to the Athletic. He’s very complimentary of our D prospects.

His ranking of our pool:

1. Broberg
2. Bouchard
3. Samorukov
4. Benson
5. Lavoie
6. Yamamoto
7. Jones
8. McLeod
9. Marody
10. Konovalov
11. Maksimov
12. Rodrigue
13. Bear
14. Wells
15. Lagesson
16. Denezhkin
17. Starrett
18. Safin
19. Nygard
20. Skinner

Disagree with a few. Bear and Starrett stand out as too low, but overall not too bad. Not my order but not horrible.

He’s higher on Denzhkin than we obviously are here, not sure how he can reasonably justify him over Starrett but Pronman clearly put in a lot of work.

North

Jun 25, 2009
For those who don’t subscribe to the Athletic. He’s very complimentary of our D prospects.

His ranking of our pool:

1. Broberg
2. Bouchard
3. Samorukov
4. Benson
5. Lavoie
6. Yamamoto
7. Jones
8. McLeod
9. Marody
10. Konovalov
11. Maksimov
12. Rodrigue
13. Bear
14. Wells
15. Lagesson
16. Denezhkin
17. Starrett
18. Safin
19. Nygard
20. Skinner

Disagree with a few. Bear and Starrett stand out as too low, but overall not too bad. Not my order but not horrible.

He’s higher on Denzhkin than we obviously are here, not sure how he can reasonably justify him over Starrett but Pronman clearly put in a lot of work.

Denezhkin sounded interesting just by the scouting reports.

Although, I do agree that Starrett should be higher.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Denezhkin sounded interesting just by the scouting reports.

Although, I do agree that Starrett should be higher.

Yeah, he brought my eyes to Denezkhin.

I verified it because I wasn’t even certain he was one of our prospects. My preliminary memory scan recalled he was the other “guy” on Konovalov’s team. Confirmed that’s him.

Starrett should have been higher but I respect Pronman and @Larry Fisher more than any other scouts. Pronman and Fisher are the two best in the business.

Reactions: Finster8

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm glad Wells got some love.

I feel like Skinner gets kind of overrated around here and overshadows Wells even though they're both '98 birthdays and Wells had a better pro debut.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yeah, he brought my eyes to Denezkhin.

I verified it because I wasn’t even certain he was one of our prospects. My preliminary memory scan recalled he was the other “guy” on Konovalov’s team. Confirmed that’s him.

Starrett should have been higher but I respect Pronman and @Larry Fisher more than any other scouts. Pronman and Fisher are the two best in the business.

I wonder if Starrett’s age caused Pronman to rank him a little lower than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad