Prospect Info: 2018-19 Oilers Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Philip Broberg's playing right now in the CHL. 1-0 Skelleftea. Broberg a +1, Beglund with an assist. It seems like Broberg's getting a bit more trust from the coach. He's played the 2nd most of any player on Skelleftea so far.
Last game his ice time among the D was the highest until the 3rd, then it went down (to 4th I think). Still they are all normally pretty close in TOI, not the same differences we see in NHL.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He got pulled after saving like 30 shots again. The team in front is playing horrible. Looked like a pity pull. Still 9 goals on him in 2 games...not a good look for the kid.
It’s 2 games...

I’m sure at one point price gave up 9 goals in 2 games in the WHL.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Konovalov sat today, team played well and only allowed 1 goal. He might have lost his starter job for the time being

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Markus Niemeläinen with a great showing today in the season opener with Ässät. Speedy for such a big guy, while also protecting and handling the puck well. Based on the practice games and today I'd say that with a bit of extra polish he'll be on to bigger and better things after this season in Liiga.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Markus Niemeläinen with a great showing today in the season opener with Ässät. Speedy for such a big guy, while also protecting and handling the puck well. Based on the practice games and today I'd say that with a bit of extra polish he'll be on to bigger and better things after this season in Liiga.
We still have him?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Konovalov pulled again.
3 games 6gaa, 0.846s%
Abysmal start for the kid has only see 78 shots too. Hopefully it's just nerves or something but these 3 games aren't painting him in a positive light in the slightest.

Especially cause they are 2-3 and they have only lost games in which he started

His backup has a 0.953 and a 1.36gaa...

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Konovalov pulled again.
3 games 6gaa, 0.846s%
Abysmal start for the kid has only see 78 shots too. Hopefully it's just nerves or something but these 3 games aren't painting him in a positive light in the slightest.

Especially cause they are 2-3 and they have only lost games in which he started

His backup has a 0.953 and a 1.36gaa...
Trash goalie

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Other goalie played again today, allowed 2 goals. Has won all his starts. Konovalov needs to bounce back extremely fast or he might only get 10-15 starts this year and lost his starter job

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Lokomotiv lost 3-2 today, and for the first time this season, Konovalov wasn't in net for the loss

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
MacT got fired.

Crazy.

I'm torn between admiration that the team would send such a strong message that losing is unacceptable. It's something the Oilers needed more of... Especially during Mac Ts time. He really set us back.

And I actually feel a bit bad for him. I wonder if he has a guaranteed contract with them like in the nhl. If so, then no worries, I'm sure he will be fine. But if not, that's rough. It was a big gamble to go overseas only to get axed.

Sympathy for what it's worth, he better not be employed by the Oilers ever again in any capacity.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Crazy.

I'm torn between admiration that the team would send such a strong message that losing is unacceptable. It's something the Oilers needed more of... Especially during Mac Ts time. He really set us back.

And I actually feel a bit bad for him. I wonder if he has a guaranteed contract with them like in the nhl. If so, then no worries, I'm sure he will be fine. But if not, that's rough. It was a big gamble to go overseas only to get axed.

Sympathy for what it's worth, he better not be employed by the Oilers ever again in any capacity.
The KHL fires coaches very early in the season quite often so it wasn't very surprising

Reactions: Aerchon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad