Prospect Info: 2018-19 Oilers Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
For those who don’t subscribe to the Athletic. He’s very complimentary of our D prospects.

His ranking of our pool:

1. Broberg
2. Bouchard
3. Samorukov
4. Benson
5. Lavoie
6. Yamamoto
7. Jones
8. McLeod
9. Marody
10. Konovalov
11. Maksimov
12. Rodrigue
13. Bear
14. Wells
15. Lagesson
16. Denezhkin
17. Starrett
18. Safin
19. Nygard
20. Skinner

Disagree with a few. Bear and Starrett stand out as too low, but overall not too bad. Not my order but not horrible.

He’s higher on Denzhkin than we obviously are here, not sure how he can reasonably justify him over Starrett but Pronman clearly put in a lot of work.
That looks like a really good list.

I'd have Benson ahead of Samorukov and Jones ahead of Yamamoto, but for the rest :thumbu:

(only looking at the top 10)

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Of these guys how many are for sure going back to junior?

I wish we had more 'sure thing' forwards on the farm.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The dishrag that is the Hockey News doesn’t have Benson in the top 10.

Here is their list:
1. Bouchard
2. Broberg
3. Yamamoto
4. Jones
5. Lavoie
6. Maksimov
7. Persson
8. McLoed
9. Samorukov
10. Marody

Reactions: CycloneSweep

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The dishrag that is the Hockey News doesn’t have Benson in the top 10.

Here is their list:
1. Bouchard
2. Broberg
3. Yamamoto
4. Jones
5. Lavoie
6. Maksimov
7. Persson
8. McLoed
9. Samorukov
10. Marody

Yeah, I like Pronman’s list way more even if I disagree with a couple.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
Broberg not playing as much as I hoped tonight. Not really gotten a good look yet. One sloppy play of his resulted in a GA in the 3rd after not having played alot for a while. Entirely avoidable with a more decisive defensive effort.

One of the upsides to playing in a professional league over playing in juniors is that these kinds of errors gets punished way harder. Will hopefully push him defensively.

Had 0% impact on his GF

Last edited:

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
The Hockey News is....soon off base with so so much.

They’ve fallen off a cliff, there rankings and draft preview used to be gospel for me. They lost a tone of credibility and good writers when magazines became old news. They have some of the worst writers out there now and like most businesses who try to get last shred of money they have brutal takes that get them a few clicks

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Where does McLeod slot in on the depth chart for your AHL team? He has good wheels for a big guy and good on the PK. He seems to fit the AHL mold and 200 ft game that is solid. Following his progress after he was traded to Saginaw.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Where does McLeod slot in on the depth chart for your AHL team? He has good wheels for a big guy and good on the PK. He seems to fit the AHL mold and 200 ft game that is solid. Following his progress after he was traded to Saginaw.

I'm guessing he'll likely start at #3C with Marody at center on the first line and Malone on a veteran-heavy second line again.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
He will be in a sheltered role as at least one of Haas Cave and Brodziak will also be in Bakersfield

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Benson not being in the top 10 is ridiculous.

He's probably the young prospect I expect the most from this season actually... not saying he's a can't miss sure fire prospect... but I think he's on a solid trajectory to keep on slowly building towards a solid NHL career ahead of him.

He's had some adversity as well and I think he's better for it... having to work through some hard times and not having anything just handed to him on the big club so far... which is likely to help him keep his head on straight as he realizes he has to continue working his ass off to succeed at the next level.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
At least three times in the first I've seen Broberg moving to RD, playing with LD Burstrom on 2nd pair.

Hasn't been bad, hasn't stood out. I thought he had a nice sequence in the 1st bringing the puck up from his own zone to create a decent chance. Later also a shot at the end of a PP, not very dangerous, but I liked that he waited out the PKer coming in and then shot it through his legs. Good instinct.

Edit: just to clarify the context of the first part: imo he looks better on RD. Maybe it's because the partner is better, maybe it's just by chance (one game, one period), but I like the way he breaks in towards the middle of the ice instead of going wide when playing on the right side..

Reactions: Aerchon

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Looks like Konovalev was pulled in his second game as MacT's Lokomotiv took another loss.

Rattie scored another one.
He got pulled after saving like 30 shots again. The team in front is playing horrible. Looked like a pity pull. Still 9 goals on him in 2 games...not a good look for the kid.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Philip Broberg's playing right now in the CHL. 1-0 Skelleftea. Broberg a +1, Beglund with an assist. It seems like Broberg's getting a bit more trust from the coach. He's played the 2nd most of any player on Skelleftea so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->