GDT: 2018-19 NHL Trade Deadline | Feb. 25, 2019 | 3:00pm ET | 21:00 CET

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'll take a bunch of idiots over the uber serious, ultra salty HF posters. It's a nice change of pace from time to time.

Naw HFBoards is the right mix of constructive debates and fan trolling. And you don't have to fish through lame jokes that are all upvoted at the top.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I see HF as the place I go if I want to have actual discussions relating to hockey. Tough to get that from Reddit. It's great to just browse through though and get some laughs and the occasional actually informative post.

I've been around this damn site too long. It'd be hard for me to go without it at this point in my life.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I see HF as the place I go if I want to have actual discussions relating to hockey. Tough to get that from Reddit. It's great to just browse through though and get some laughs and the occasional actually informative post.

I've been around this damn site too long. It'd be hard for me to go without it at this point in my life.
I love going to read the leafs boards after a loss from time to time lol

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Reddit is far too family friendly, there's more a locker room feeling here especially on game days.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
They were 8 years without a cup before he came along. Look at how Edmonton does with one of the finest centers of our generation and a poor GM.

He makes bad trades, he also makes a good ones that end up resulting in a cup. You're telling me bringing in Haglein, Cullen, Kessel, Bonino, and Schultz in the same calendar year to support Crosby and Malkin weren't instrumental in their cup wins?
Some of those moves were actually done to bolster the roster while he was out, which isn't a shot against, its just that the LTIR helped them fit guys they otherwise wouldn't have.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Some of those moves were actually done to bolster the roster while he was out, which isn't a shot against, its just that the LTIR helped them fit guys they otherwise wouldn't have.
Pretty much jimmy got kessel and a 6.8 cap hit for not a whole lot a late first and kapenen. Got Justin Schultz for pretty much nothing made the hbk line. He quickly put a good team around malkin and Crosby which dominated the lightning in the 2016 ecf would have been a cake walk if not for Vasilevskiy standing on his head.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Pretty much jimmy got kessel and a 6.8 cap hit for not a whole lot a late first and kapenen. Got Justin Schultz for pretty much nothing made the hbk line. He quickly put a good team around malkin and Crosby which dominated the lightning in the 2016 ecf would have been a cake walk if not for Vasilevskiy standing on his head.
ya'll and these posts dominate better then us etc.. makes me sick every time I see a poster saying something like this...
we had 2 games to win 2 no one dominated us.... washington didnt dominate us pitt didnt dominate us chicago didnt dominate us...
look at the stats... we were young vs chicago and tyjo went down and bish in that series that we held our own vs two mature hall of fame players maybe more....pitts no stamkos still had them down 3-2 washington down 3-2... yep it happened... hopefully the losses burn them enough to make the transition to slamming the door... yet ive never seen this team dominated but one time montreal... and that was closer then the amount of games...

when you all see a team dominate us let me pull up the stats and see if it really happened or if we simply should have said give credit where its due they outplayed us when it counted... blah

argue wise pitt washington and chicago did what they were supposed to do... they get paid too they have elite players also... we look like we are now above them all... yet we have ALWAYS been close always....

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
ya'll and these posts dominate better then us etc.. makes me sick every time I see a poster saying something like this...
we had 2 games to win 2 no one dominated us.... washington didnt dominate us pitt didnt dominate us chicago didnt dominate us...
look at the stats... we were young vs chicago and tyjo went down and bish in that series that we held our own vs two mature hall of fame players maybe more....pitts no stamkos still had them down 3-2 washington down 3-2... yep it happened... hopefully the losses burn them enough to make the transition to slamming the door... yet ive never seen this team dominated but one time montreal... and that was closer then the amount of games...

when you all see a team dominate us let me pull up the stats and see if it really happened or if we simply should have said give credit where its due they outplayed us when it counted... blah

argue wise pitt washington and chicago did what they were supposed to do... they get paid too they have elite players also... we look like we are now above them all... yet we have ALWAYS been close always....
there time on attack and shots vs us in that series they crushed us

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

If I ever go against the hive mind on reddit, I get downvoted immediately despite being able to backup with stats. It is very frustrating. I used to browse the bolts sub a lot, but I can’t do it anymore.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
If I ever go against the hive mind on reddit, I get downvoted immediately despite being able to backup with stats. It is very frustrating. I used to browse the bolts sub a lot, but I can’t do it anymore.
Good thing you can only upvote (like) or not vote on HFB eh?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
there time on attack and shots vs us in that series they crushed us
you watched a different series i get that... we were pretty close in everything on danger zone shots ... also this needs to be said and added just cause we dont shoot as much as another team doesnt mean we are simply not more dangerous ..... we simply might outskill then in shooting percentage etc.... shots against doesnt tell a story without all the details...
we had pitt down against the wall without stamkos... everything is part of the equation NO TEAM has dominated us since stevie took over... yep might be a couple got a better record might be a team we still havent beat... but no one has owned us..... the funny thing is we had this talk the other day todd.... and you came up with all these teams and if you look the team that plays us the closest if you truly watch the games is st louis... vegas has been beating us but that is lack of concentration we wind up getting goals and letting them come back cause they have outworked us but they pretty much last two years have outworked every team they have played. you just hope if they find there way in the finals with us we actually dont play down to that level and get them early and pour it on... calgary and vegas are built a lot like us imho... calgary can score with us... imho but we get in edge on goalie. across the board is a way for us to beat anyone... no one should be a cakewalk cause everyone has pride... yet we edge all teams this year by a lot now its on them to finish it....we got stamkos back as stamkos first time in so many years dont know how long ago its been but felt like FOREVER... vasy has proven to be able to come back after losses at top form and slam doors...plus minus is gross and we have shown can win pretty much any way style shape or form... number one power play and pk... fourth in hits this team is awesome...

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
you watched a different series i get that... we were pretty close in everything on danger zone shots ... also this needs to be said and added just cause we dont shoot as much as another team doesnt mean we are simply not more dangerous ..... we simply might outskill then in shooting percentage etc.... shots against doesnt tell a story without all the details...
we had pitt down against the wall without stamkos... everything is part of the equation NO TEAM has dominated us since stevie took over... yep might be a couple got a better record might be a team we still havent beat... but no one has owned us..... the funny thing is we had this talk the other day todd.... and you came up with all these teams and if you look the team that plays us the closest if you truly watch the games is st louis... vegas has been beating us but that is lack of concentration we wind up getting goals and letting them come back cause they have outworked us but they pretty much last two years have outworked every team they have played. you just hope if they find there way in the finals with us we actually dont play down to that level and get them early and pour it on... calgary and vegas are built a lot like us imho... calgary can score with us... imho but we get in edge on goalie. across the board is a way for us to beat anyone... no one should be a cakewalk cause everyone has pride... yet we edge all teams this year by a lot now its on them to finish it....we got stamkos back as stamkos first time in so many years dont know how long ago its been but felt like FOREVER... vasy has proven to be able to come back after losses at top form and slam doors...plus minus is gross and we have shown can win pretty much any way style shape or form... number one power play and pk... fourth in hits this team is awesome...
Yes I know Stamkos is back now so in the pitt series having Stamkos would not have mattered because he was not playing elite then and Stamkos was not playing elite vs the blackhawks also.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
How is trading a declining 30 year old UFA for a 24 year old RFA who has more ES points considered a steal? I'd rather Hartman straight up over Simmonds let alone Nashville added a 4th.
Because ES points aren't everything in hockey.

Kind of thought when the deadline ended the ridiculous crusade would end.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Because ES points aren't everything in hockey.

Kind of thought when the deadline ended the ridiculous crusade would end.

For bottom 6 players they are vital. Neither Simmonds nor Hartman would get anywhere near our top 6 or first PP, so their value would be in ES scoring, physical and defensive play. So why wouldn't you want the younger player with more upside who's cheaper?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yes I know Stamkos is back now so in the pitt series having Stamkos would not have mattered because he was not playing elite then and Stamkos was not playing elite vs the blackhawks also.
stamkos wasnt playing period neither was bishop and vasy outplayed murray... yep pitt had a ton of shots we are simply the more efficient club dont need as much as those other teams in the league

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
stamkos wasnt playing period neither was bishop and vasy outplayed murray... yep pitt had a ton of shots we are simply the more efficient club dont need as much as those other teams in the league
Rob I will admit and so did you stamkos is on a whole another level now then in 2015-2017 . Like a whole different level almost when bowman turned yzerman to start winning championships

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad