GDT: 2018-19 NHL Trade Deadline | Feb. 25, 2019 | 3:00pm ET | 21:00 CET

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He has the results, but he's also had many iffy moments as a GM. I'll give him credit for getting the Pens over the hump, but I don't feel that makes him the best.

Poile meanwhile, pulled off two more heists today. Still put him and SY in the top tier.
Nashville has one of the best gm,s in the business I agree there they stole simmonds

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He has the results, but he's also had many iffy moments as a GM. I'll give him credit for getting the Pens over the hump, but I don't feel that makes him the best.

Poile meanwhile, pulled off two more heists today. Still put him and SY in the top tier.
He did steal kessel from Toronto lol

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Pretty pleased with how it unfolded. East teams didnt get much better with exception of Columbus. They dont overly scare me though. The west will be a bloodbath.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pretty nice vote of confidence to the team. I like the way Brisbois phrased it. Everybody deserves to there, and deserves to play. Let's see them prove him right.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Interesting to hear Brisbois talk about how the young guys Cernak, Joseph, and Erne kinda filled any holes he thought they might have back in the beginning of the season. A lot of confidence in those guys to get it done in the playoffs.

As for a depth, we're set with the 14 forwards & 7 dmen we have. Can't forget Conacher (189 NHL games / 10 playoff games), Andy Andreoff (159 NHL games / 1 playoff games), Jan Rutta (80 NHL games), Gabriel Dumont (87 NHL games / 3 playoff games), and Michael Bournival (113 NHL games / 14 playoff games) are in Syracause too.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Nashville has one of the best gm,s in the business I agree there they stole simmonds

How is trading a declining 30 year old UFA for a 24 year old RFA who has more ES points considered a steal? I'd rather Hartman straight up over Simmonds let alone Nashville added a 4th.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
24 year old RHD on pace for 50+ points, of course the price is high.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
ya but they kept being one and done in the playoffs till he built a team around those two centers
Todd, no - Pittsburgh Penguins Franchise Index | Hockey-Reference.com

05-06 was Sids rookie year, from there they lost in the QF, then lost in the cup final, then won. What Pittsburgh has done has been impressive, but also hasn't in a way - Sid and Geno are just that f***ing good that they could put shit contracts on that team and those two would carry any washup along, but it isn't sustainable when Sid had health issues.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So we're going to pretend it was his doing and not on the backs of, oh I don't know, two of the finest centers of our generation? C'mon now.

They were 8 years without a cup before he came along. Look at how Edmonton does with one of the finest centers of our generation and a poor GM.

He makes bad trades, he also makes a good ones that end up resulting in a cup. You're telling me bringing in Haglein, Cullen, Kessel, Bonino, and Schultz in the same calendar year to support Crosby and Malkin weren't instrumental in their cup wins?

Reactions: Todd1a

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Todd, no - Pittsburgh Penguins Franchise Index | Hockey-Reference.com

05-06 was Sids rookie year, from there they lost in the QF, then lost in the cup final, then won. What Pittsburgh has done has been impressive, but also hasn't in a way - Sid and Geno are just that ****ing good that they could put **** contracts on that team and those two would carry any washup along, but it isn't sustainable when Sid had health issues.
Ya but after there one cup they went 7-8 years without any

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad