League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'd say:
Go Bruins, Canes, Habs, and Wings, myself.

I'm assuming Lightning over Habs so Habs eliminated and we won't have to try to clinch Metro against a desperate team.

I'm assuming Pens over Wings so that they won't drop to WC1.

I want to clinch Thursday and use that last NYI game on Saturday to rest a lot of players.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm assuming Lightning over Habs so Habs eliminated and we won't have to try to clinch Metro against a desperate team.

I'm assuming Pens over Wings so that they won't drop to WC1.

I want to clinch Thursday and use that last NYI game to rest a lot of players.
The Habs losing doesn't eliminate them I don't think.

On the other hand, if Pitt loses in regulation today, they can't win the Metro.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
We're in agreement that Carolina is our best matchup right?

I think you have to be huffing paint if you want any part of Columbus right now.

Reactions: searle

Jun 15, 2007
Absolutely no problem with someone going for an ENG with 2 seconds. If the net is empty, you haven't called uncle and everything is fair game.

Oshie just didn't like losing. I don't mind that. I don't buy his reasoning though.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Absolutely no problem with someone going for an ENG with 2 seconds. If the net is empty, you haven't called uncle and everything is fair game.

Oshie just didn't like losing. I don't mind that. I don't buy his reasoning though.

If it were a Cap I would pissed to take the foot off the neck, and, goal differential is a thing too.

What is sad, is a guy scoring an ENG is what firms up rivals in the current climate, which creates the high ticket grudge matches all fans love.

Reactions: 895 and VaCaps Fan

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Bolts are starting Ed Pasquale and have no Hedman, so I think the Habs have a chance.

Go Bruins and Canes for sure. Also hoping for the Avs goalie to pitch a shutout. ;)
I think even with no Hedman and Vis the Bolts still could walk the Habs in their sleep.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
If it were a Cap I would pissed to take the foot off the neck, and, goal differential is a thing too.

What is sad, is a guy scoring an ENG is what firms up rivals in the current climate, which creates the high ticket grudge matches all fans love.
I think part of the issue is it clearly wasn't just potting one to secure a W. Gourde was hunting fo this 20th and he celebrated as if he tapped in a Joe Juneau game 7 winner.

Also TBL was so far ahead in the standing so at that point goal differential was never a factor. I'll put it this way, Oshie probably doesn't race that way if it's Montreal doing that. They're a team trying to fight for the ploffs, trying to secure tie-breakers, and trying to build momentum.

Oshie probably had a bigger issue with it because it was a personal stat padding and it was done by a team that had trounced every team they'd played this season. You also have to factor in the existing bad blood.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Quick FYI Verizon is running the NHL package free right now as a promo....

Tks. Guessing it's related to MLB opening week or so. It's been a few years since I made the investment, so it's nice to have a few viewing options while the promo lasts.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Quick FYI Verizon is running the NHL package free right now as a promo....
So is Comcast. Center Ice is available because there's a free preview of MLB League Pass, and hockey and baseball out of market packages share channels, so they end up enabling the NHL,games when they're on the shared channel

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Every time I watch the Red Wings I think: man this team plays so much better than their record

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I know we are all happy with Vrana but imagine this team with Larkin instead.
Definitely some teams wondering how they helped allow Larkin to fall to #15. Of course, Pasternak went even later that year. At least Vrana provides something close to comparable value, relative to one other 2014 picks ahead of Larkin and Pasta.

The guy on Detroit who looks better to me every time I see him play is Athanasiou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad