League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Now all that needs to happen is for the Panthers to move to Quebec. Hard to build and sustain a culture of success in the tomb-like atmosphere of that building.

Reactions: RandyHolt

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He gets out of the cold weather into a less stressful coaching job for more than he made as the coach of the Blackhawks. His new salary is over $6 million. Sign me up for that. Plus, he has the familiarity of working with Talon and I’m sure he’ll have some input into roster decisions

Q coached Panarin when he was tearing it up in Chicago before Bowman traded him to Columbus

Sooooo.....they’re best buds? Lol.....

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Sooooo.....they’re best buds?
Who? Tallon and Q? I’d say their relationship probably played a major role in his hiring yes. But I think the $$$, living accommodations and the roster that’s already in tact played a bigger role IMO. He’s not going to be under the media scrutiny in South Florida that he’d be in if he went to Philly. The only other huge market job that wouldn’t have as much pressure would be LA but their roster is aging

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think the appeal of a top market is general overrated. I'd much rather live/coach in South Florida than Philly or New York. Nicer weather, no state sales tax, less pressure.

Barkov is a top-5 center at age 22. Ekblad is a stud #1 at age 22. Huberdeau is a 25 YO 90-point producer. Healthy Trocheck was a 24 YO 30/70 center last season.

That's a hell of a core to move forward with when you're gonna have somewhere around $20 million in cap space and nobody of consequence to re-sign.

I agree with everything here except your take on Ekblad. I think he's been a disappointment relative to expectations, especially after his rookie season. I hope the head injuries did not take a permanent toll on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->