League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
If we clinch first seed, our last game against the Islanders on 4/6 could decide if the Islanders or the Penguins have home ice in Round 1

Bring on any of them I say. We have to eventually play one of them if we advance. All that stuff from past is over. Just stay healthy and have special teams click on first game of the playoffs.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Bring on any of them I say. We have to eventually play one of them if we advance. All that stuff from past is over. Just stay healthy and have special teams click on first game of the playoffs.

Oh I just meant that we might have the power to decide who we want to have home ice between the Pens and Isles when they play each other in the playoffs Round 1.

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    548.4 KB · Views: 6

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Always good to see the Pens lose. :thumbu:

That should be it for them losing wise though. Canes, Wings, Wings, Rangers with Letang, Malkin back any day.

Caps get six points out of possible eight and they should be good for the division title. Isles have Sabres, Panthers, Leafs and Caps left.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That should be it for them losing wise though. Canes, Wings, Wings, Rangers with Letang, Malkin back any day.

Caps get six points out of possible eight and they should be good for the division title. Isles have Sabres, Panthers, Leafs and Caps left.

I think if the Caps can get 2pts tomorrow night, the metro is theirs. Tall order in Tampa, but it’s obv do-able.

That would be a great way for them to do it. Best the best team on the road. Make a statement.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I think if the Caps can get 2pts tomorrow night, the metro is theirs. Tall order in Tampa, but it’s obv do-able.

That would be a great way for them to do it. Best the best team on the road. Make a statement.

Well if the Pens get 8 pts, which I think they will, the Caps definitely need at least 4. Obviously they need more than 4 to stave off the Isles who have three very winnable games heading into the finale against the Caps.

I'm really bummed it looks like the Jackets are making it as opposed to the Habs, oh well.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005

Unlike a lot of bottom dwellers, Wings have been playing teams tough. Lots of 1-goal losses to good teams. If Pens relax against them, they'd be taking a chance.

I'm long the Wings next year. They might not make the playoffs next season, but I think the bottom is in for that team

Reactions: calicapsfan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Well if the Pens get 8 pts, which I think they will, the Caps definitely need at least 4. Obviously they need more than 4 to stave off the Isles who have three very winnable games heading into the finale against the Caps.

I'm really bummed it looks like the Jackets are making it as opposed to the Habs, oh well.
Pens won’t get 8. Prob 6. Maybe 7. They won’t sweep 4

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Pens won’t get 8. Prob 6. Maybe 7. They won’t sweep 4

Friendly wager? Just kidding.

I just see who they are playing, no back to backs, and I don't think they lose again, especially with Letang and Malkin back any day. At worst, because they get the Canes on back end of back to back, they get a point tomorrow, if the Canes play desperate. They will beat the Wings and Rangers.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Friendly wager? Just kidding.

I just see who they are playing, no back to backs, and I don't think they lose again, especially with Letang and Malkin back any day. At worst, because they get the Canes on back end of back to back, they get a point tomorrow, if the Canes play desperate. They will beat the Wings and Rangers.
Even if they did sweep. Caps win tonite means 2 pts in 3 games tops the Pens. Pens will be very hard pressed to catch the Caps.

I’m rooting for the Canes to win out. I’d rather them or NYI for round 1. Avoid CBus

Reactions: Sam Spade

Jun 15, 2007
Disgusted with Arizona right now. 7x5.85m for Nick Schmaltz. Way too much for a 50 point player coming off an ELC with no arb rights or any leverage other than holding out.

Vrana licking his lips.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Even if they did sweep. Caps win tonite means 2 pts in 3 games tops the Pens. Pens will be very hard pressed to catch the Caps.

I’m rooting for the Canes to win out. I’d rather them or NYI for round 1. Avoid CBus

No doubt, I was just going over scenarios in my head. Worst deal would be the Canes/Jackets win out and pass either the Pens or Isles.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Disgusted with Arizona right now. 7x5.85m for Nick Schmaltz. Way too much for a 50 point player coming off an ELC with no arb rights or any leverage other than holding out.

Vrana licking his lips.

Not to mention he had a season ending injury. Arizona fans are saying "but he had great chemistry with Keller" - err, okay so in the 17 games he played before he was injured?
Fair enough, he had 14 points in those 17 games, but HALF of them were on the power play.
I think that's a LOT of money and term - would have been smarter to go with a bridge deal.

Reactions: RandyHolt and 895

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Pens remaining games are Canes, Detroit, Detroit, Rangers. They would have to play like arse-puppets to fall into that wildcard spot.
True but you never know. They aren’t exactly healthy so anything can happen. Realistically though it is looking more and more like like CBJ. I would much prefer CBJ plays Tampa and we get Carolina.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
True but you never know. They aren’t exactly healthy so anything can happen. Realistically though it is looking more and more like like CBJ. I would much prefer CBJ plays Tampa and we get Carolina.

Definitely prefer the Canes over CBJ. The Blue Jackets are figuring shit out and playing very well. They won't be easy to play and I'd rather they give Tampa the headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad