League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Shows how bad their coaching was. Akin to Oates to Trotz (see a similarity?). Isles will flame out in the loffs. I expect them to lose first round

Yep I don't see them going deep in the playoffs. But kudos to Trotz and the team for being good enough to make the playoffs. I saw a lot of people (elsewhere, not in here) saying Isles would suck and be lucky to avoid finishing
last in the Metro. Somewhat amusingly I saw those same people talking about how Devils would be in the playoffs again. I had to laugh (still am laughing about it).

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
You're probably right.

27th on my list of least favourite teams! (Yes the Pens are 31st - and will be 32nd once the Seattle team arrives)
Mind you Leafs fans are really helping to move them way down the list as well

To clarify - it's not so much that i dislike Anaheim as i dislike Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler. Once they're gone I could probably like the team way more.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Yep I don't see them going deep in the playoffs. But kudos to Trotz and the team for being good enough to make the playoffs. I saw a lot of people (elsewhere, not in here) saying Isles would suck and be lucky to avoid finishing
last in the Metro. Somewhat amusingly I saw those same people talking about how Devils would be in the playoffs again. I had to laugh (still am laughing about it).

I figured the Devils wouldn't make it but I thought the Canes would take their place not the Islanders. I never count the Habs out though because Carey Price is just too good. Would not want them in round one, no way.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
27th on my list of least favourite teams! (Yes the Pens are 31st - and will be 32nd once the Seattle team arrives)
Mind you Leafs fans are really helping to move them way down the list as well

To clarify - it's not so much that i dislike Anaheim as i dislike Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler. Once they're gone I could probably like the team way more.
If they're last on your list of least favourite teams doesn't that mean you like them?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Arent they doing that with Murray going behind the bench? He isn't a coach. The assistants are going to run that team.

Probably true. They mentioned Dallas Eakins would be a candidate - and will be the leading candidate for the job for next season - but they don't want to screw up the solid AHL season that San Diego is having by having Eakins take over the Ducks now. Can't be a great situation when you're prioritizing the success of your AHL organization over your NHL one.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
My read is that the reason it took so long to fire Carlyle is that they wanted him to finish out the season and make a move in the off season.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I figured the Devils wouldn't make it but I thought the Canes would take their place not the Islanders. I never count the Habs out though because Carey Price is just too good. Would not want them in round one, no way.

Yeah Montreal is one of those teams that seems to be getting a little better with every game. I think they'll finish 2nd or 3rd in the Atlantic (Boston are essentially a one line team and pretty inconsistent) so not much chance Caps will run into them.
St Louis are another interesting team - by all accounts they were dead in the water and they're now in the playoffs with 6 wins in a row

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Yeah Montreal is one of those teams that seems to be getting a little better with every game. I think they'll finish 2nd or 3rd in the Atlantic (Boston are essentially a one line team and pretty inconsistent) so not much chance Caps will run into them.
St Louis are another interesting team - by all accounts they were dead in the water and they're now in the playoffs with 6 wins in a row
The West is basically all suck. Almost everyone's still in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad