NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
very impressive performance by the lakers tonight with lebron out

not just getting the W but blowing out the warriors on their home court. the kids are going to have to keep it up because lebron's injury looked like a groin

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
steph thinks the warriors could beat the 3-peat lakers but they can't even beat the zubac/rondo lakers

lols

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Great win by the Lakers. Zubac... What can I say? Just 2 weeks ago fans wanted him off the roster. He's sure made the most of his opportunity.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Great win by the Lakers. Zubac... What can I say? Just 2 weeks ago fans wanted him off the roster. He's sure made the most of his opportunity.

he's been an interesting case during his few seasons

he showed flashes of brilliance his rookie season but it was clear he wasn't NBA ready. then last season he pretty much got no chances. now he's finally proving that what we saw in his rookie year might not be a fluke after all. his defense is still shaky but he had quite the night defensively tonight. new training regimen? added muscle? not sure. but its clear he needs a good facilitator to be productive (lebron and rondo.) lets just say if he had broken into the league 20 years ago he'd be a stud

no way luke can send him back to the bench when mcgee returns. give him consistent minutes and rest chandler for the big time matchups

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Makes me think whether the Draymond and KD issue was just the tip of the iceberg.

They also have no desire to play in the regular season.

Steve Kerr went through this as a player with the Bulls and now as a coach with Golden State. Which is why he has laughed at the thought of the Bulls continuously winning more titles during Jordan's baseball/gambling sabbatical or if the Bulls were brought back for another run after '98.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Nice to see Zubac doing this. Anyone who knows who he is as a player knows he is capable of this. There’s no reason he can’t be a 16/10 player in the league.

Frustrating thing is that Zizic is better than him and is not getting a chance to play, hopefully all of Bender, Zizic and Hezonja leave for Europe to get better and not see their careers be ruined beyond repair.

Reactions: darko

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Nice to see Zubac doing this. Anyone who knows who he is as a player knows he is capable of this. There’s no reason he can’t be a 16/10 player in the league.

Frustrating thing is that Zizic is better than him and is not getting a chance to play, hopefully all of Bender, Zizic and Hezonja leave for Europe to get better and not see their careers be ruined beyond repair.

bender would be smart to leave for europe

he's nowhere near NBA ready

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The 2019 Warriors remind me a lot of the 2004 Lakers.

not sure why

the 04 lakers were running over the entire league before malone got hurt. i think they were 18-3 at the time of his injury

warriors are looking shaky because klay and green haven't been themselves. even steph has looked a bit off since returning from injury. not to mention he's being used off the ball a lot for some reason

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I still expect the Warriors to go 12-0 or close to it in the western playoffs. Who's going to stop them? Houston, who's barely .500?

Side note - seeing LBJ hurt was weird. It just doesn't happen.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
not sure why

the 04 lakers were running over the entire league before malone got hurt. i think they were 18-3 at the time of his injury

warriors are looking shaky because klay and green haven't been themselves. even steph has looked a bit off since returning from injury. not to mention he's being used off the ball a lot for some reason
In terms of personnel turmoil. I feel like there are underlying issues on that Warriors team that we still don't know about - KD/Draymond issues withstanding.

They also severely lack depth, like that 04 Lakers team.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
In terms of personnel turmoil. I feel like there are underlying issues on that Warriors team that we still don't know about - KD/Draymond issues withstanding.

They also severely lack depth, like that 04 Lakers team.

yeah i'm sure there's more to the KD/green stuff than we know

04 lakers were a mess with the kobe/shaq stuff as well as kobe's trial but somehow they managed to keep it together on the court. malone's injury is what derailed their season

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
If I had to put a wager right now on whether the Warriors win the title again this season I would put money on them to fail, and fail spectacularly (the key is right now though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad