NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hahahahahaha what a load of BS. so giannis can tell AD to come join the bucks the other night but lebron answers a question asked by a reporter and now all of a sudden its tampering?

let's just ignore the fact that players can't be charged with tampering and that stuff like this is said all the time between players. i'm going to take a wild guess and say dan gilbert and that sh*tbag daryl morey were two of the GMs who went crying to the league. i'm honestly surprised the league didn't fine the lakers for this since they're the only team who tampers aparrently

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think there's anything wrong with players recruiting each other. LeBron was just asked a question here and he answered it so who really cares.

Every team likely tampers and if there's one out there that doesn't then they're doing it wrong. The league rarely does anything about it when it's clear deals are cut before they're supposed to be. I have no doubt LeBron and Rich Paul have taken things up a notch in this case to try and get Davis to ask for a trade now. The media is also doing some of their work for them.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Players recruit other players all the time. Either way Bron wasn't recruiting. All he said was he would love to play with AD. Just about every player in NBA would love to play with AD. It's such a non story.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
With all the AD speculation, everyone is back to talking about the Celtics assets. They still have a lot but is it just me or do these assets no longer look as appealing?

Jayson Tatum - No one can offer a better young player but he's likely untouchable or close to it.

Jaylen Brown - Shooting 41%/27%/68% with a 9.6 PER.

Terry Rozier - Shooting 39%/37%/71% with a 11.8 PER. He also needs a new contract.

Kings and Grizzlies (top 8 protected) picks - Currently tied at 15th overall and they already have twice as many wins as 5 teams that are clearly tanking.

Clippers pick (top 14 protected) - Currently 20th overall.

Coming into the season everyone thought the Kings pick would be a top 5 lock and they might get another really good pick down the road from the Grizzlies as well when the protections get softer. It's still very early but all of the picks might convey this year and that's not a good thing for the Celtics.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
celtics still have the best package to offer but wouldn't they not be allowed to acquire AD unless they traded kyrie? something about not being allowed to have more than one "designated player" on the roster

and obviously they wouldn't trade kyrie for AD

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
live look in at dan gilbert, daryl morey, and mark cuban

tenor.gif

Reactions: Voight

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
With all the AD speculation, everyone is back to talking about the Celtics assets. They still have a lot but is it just me or do these assets no longer look as appealing?

Jayson Tatum - No one can offer a better young player but he's likely untouchable or close to it.

Jaylen Brown - Shooting 41%/27%/68% with a 9.6 PER.

Terry Rozier - Shooting 39%/37%/71% with a 11.8 PER. He also needs a new contract.

Kings and Grizzlies (top 8 protected) picks - Currently tied at 15th overall and they already have twice as many wins as 5 teams that are clearly tanking.

Clippers pick (top 14 protected) - Currently 20th overall.

Coming into the season everyone thought the Kings pick would be a top 5 lock and they might get another really good pick down the road from the Grizzlies as well when the protections get softer. It's still very early but all of the picks might convey this year and that's not a good thing for the Celtics.

I could see Boston offering some combination of Brown, Rozier and maybe all of 4 of their 2019 picks to New Orleans for AD. But a few things to clear up on those picks:

- the Sacramento 2019 pick is only #1 protected
- the Memphis 2019 pick is top 8 protected then becomes top 6 protected in 2020 and then is totally unprotected in 2021
- the Clippers pick is top 14 protected in 2019 and 2020 and then becomes a 2022 2nd round pick

celtics still have the best package to offer but wouldn't they not be allowed to acquire AD unless they traded kyrie? something about not being allowed to have more than one "designated player" on the roster

and obviously they wouldn't trade kyrie for AD

The Celtics can trade for AD but not until July 1st. This is because of the complicated " Derrick Rose Rule " I'll let the experts over at CBS Sports explain it better:

The CBA prevents a team from having two players on the same roster that were acquired via trade that had previously signed a contract extension under what is called the 5th Year 30% Max criteria. This criteria is commonly referred to as the “Rose Rule”, as Derrick Rose was the first place to make use of it.

How does this impact the Celtics? Boston acquired Kyrie Irving via trade last summer (if you don’t know that, you have a lot of reading and catching up to do!) and he had previously signed that contract as an extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers using the Rose Rule (I’m using Rose Rule because it’s shorter to type!). Anthony Davis also used the Rose Rule to sign his contract extension with the New Orleans Pelicans. As the Celtics would need to acquire Davis via trade, they are not allowed to do because both he and Irving signed using the Rose Rule and both would have been acquired via trade.

As soon as Kyrie Irving is no longer under his current contract. That means next summer, 2019, the restriction is removed. This is provided Kyrie Irving opts out of his current deal as expected. Boston could also trade for Anthony Davis right now, provided Irving was shipped out in that deal, or in another deal before the Celtics acquired Davis.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The guy has 1 foot out the door with the Spurs. He will be coaching Team USA in the Summer. If the Lakers manage to assemble an all star roster in the off season I doubt they want Walton taking them to the promise land. The guy is going to retire sooner than later so might as well go out on top.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The guy has 1 foot out the door with the Spurs. He will be coaching Team USA in the Summer. If the Lakers manage to assemble an all star roster in the off season I doubt they want Walton taking them to the promise land. The guy is going to retire sooner than later so might as well go out on top.

when pop steps down as the spurs HC he's done

not to mention he despises the lakers. guy is an old school, military type. he's going to stay loyal to SA

Reactions: darko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille