NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If I had to put a wager right now on whether the Warriors win the title again this season I would put money on them to fail, and fail spectacularly (the key is right now though).

they're still going to win it all like everyone expects

no team in the west can take them down

Reactions: LaVar

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
i will personally never post on hfboards again if the warriors don't win a title this year...

they're 23-12, have missed curry (and dray) for a good chunk of games, and will get boogie sometime early next year. no way they don't win at least another chip.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
celtics still have the best package to offer but wouldn't they not be allowed to acquire AD unless they traded kyrie? something about not being allowed to have more than one "designated player" on the roster

and obviously they wouldn't trade kyrie for AD

correct. they cant get him this year because you can only have 1 at a time on your team that were acquired via trade.

after Kyrie signs his new deal this offseason they can get AD

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
celtics still have the best package to offer but wouldn't they not be allowed to acquire AD unless they traded kyrie? something about not being allowed to have more than one "designated player" on the roster

and obviously they wouldn't trade kyrie for AD

Good luck affording AD, Kyrie, Hayward, Horford and soon enough Tatum on max deals.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
when pop steps down as the spurs HC he's done

not to mention he despises the lakers. guy is an old school, military type. he's going to stay loyal to SA

He hates the Lakers but him and Bron are close. It won't happen, but James would be the only reason it would even be a thought.

They re set with Walton anyway. LeBron loves playing for former players, let alone a draft mate of his.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

That was a good game and the better team with the best player won. The Raptors were shorthanded but it was still nice to see the Heat battle all game long and have it come down to the last possession.

Another great game for Winslow last night. He's playing PG now with Dragic out long-term and he's thriving. I really hope what we've seen over the last month is real because he's looking more and more like the player he was projected to be. He's running the offense for the Heat, shooting nearly 40% from three, and usually guarding the other team's best wing at the defensive end. They're still a mess cap wise but that clears up in the next two years so having Richardson (25), Winslow (22), and Bam (21) gives me some hope.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Good luck affording AD, Kyrie, Hayward, Horford and soon enough Tatum on max deals.

I doubt they get him without including Tatum unless AD just tells teams like Chicago that he won’t re-sign with them if they do give up Markannen to bring him in

Reactions: Voight

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If I was Boston and AD is willing to come I'd let Kyrie walk.

They’d have to send Kyrie out in the same trade the brought AD in, or earlier unless the trade happened after the season

PS Bucks fans are still salty about Mario doing something for once? lol

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I doubt they get him without including Tatum unless AD just tells teams like Chicago that he won’t re-sign with them if they do give up Markannen to bring him in

I agree 100%, regardless its still going to be a tight fit. Kyrie + AD on max deals takes up a lot of space.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Lonzo has been great lately. Needs a little more consistency but I think he's starting to put it all together.

Say Hey Kid

NY was his town & it always would be
Dec 10, 2007
Lonzo has been great lately. Needs a little more consistency but I think he's starting to put it all together.
Agreed. He's a 6' 6" guard with a 40" vertical who plays good D. He just needs to work hard on improving and being more assertive on offense.

I saw Harden's face. He needs a beard.

Webber is trying to nice his way into the HoF. It may work.

Although he's recovering from a major injury, Hayward is the worst max contract player in the league. In terms of ability, he's the Keith Van Horn of the 21st century.

Boban has the best PER ever.

Last edited:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Literally half of Washington Wizards is injured and Troy Brown still can't get on the floor. I used to be a bit of a Brooks apologist but he's reached some serious lows this season. Ron Baker, seriously?

Can't even get excited about the draft because Ernie will obviously f*** it up. And Wall is getting supermax salary so we're basically screwed for the next 5 years.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Utah has a 39-point lead on the Knicks and it's only the second quarter.

Yeah that was easily the worst game we've had this season. With KP & Robinson out there was just nobody long enough to even bother Gobert...Vonleh having his worst game of the year as well didn't help...and nobody's shot was falling to try to run him off the court. Whiteside tore the Knicks up earlier in the year as well as we really struggle to protect the rim except for those 10-15 minutes a game Mitch can stay on the floor for when healthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->