Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We need more depth up front for the Marlies, the backend looks crowded as **** but up front it's definitely thin

Not really anymore. Just needed one more top 9 guy. Now the Marlies should be fine.

Marchment-Brooks-Bracco
Agostino-Shore-Korshkov
Timashov-Engvall-Wilson
MacMaster-Luchuk-Archibald
Clune/Brazeau

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Not really anymore. Just needed one more top 9 guy. Now the Marlies should be fine.

Marchment-Brooks-Bracco
Agostino-Shore-Korshkov
Timashov-Engvall-Wilson
MacMaster-Luchuk-Archibald
Clune/Brazeau

That's pretty average before we've even had any injuries, the Marlies strength is definitely the back-end now

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Depth for the Marlies

I’m not sure why the NHL or the Leafs haven’t announced this signing, Kevin Gravel, Kenny Agostino or Shore yet.

They’ve been reported by reporters, but none of them have been officially announced yet. Just kinda weird

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Petan - Shore - Mikheyev
Marchment - Brooks - Timashov
Wilson - Engvall - Korshkov
Archibald - Luchuk - Brazeau
ex. Clune - MacMaster

A few good AHL contracts to fill out the roster and she's done.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Petan - Shore - Mikheyev
Marchment - Brooks - Timashov
Wilson - Engvall - Korshkov
Archibald - Luchuk - Brazeau
ex. Clune - MacMaster

A few good AHL contracts to fill out the roster and she's done.
Bracco is in the NHL i'm assuming?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah the defensive core will be the calling card for the Marlies.

young, mobile, talented

The best crop of young Leafs defenseman I can remember if I'm being honest, its good to see us developing defenseman at last because over the years its been a hard watch as we picked the wrong guys and developed then horribly to boot

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
young, mobile, talented

The best crop of young Leafs defenseman I can remember if I'm being honest, its good to see us developing defenseman at last because over the years its been a hard watch as we picked the wrong guys and developed then horribly to boot
It's great to see.

Not to mention we have a few young defenders over in Europe as well.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's great to see.

Not to mention we have a few young defenders over in Europe as well.

They have done a good job identifying and developing defensive talent recently

Dermott, Liljegren, Sandin, Hollowell, Lindgren on the Leafs or Marlies
I'm fairly high on Duszak and Kivihalme as well who we added as UFA's
I really like Kokkonen and Kral as well

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Rasanen is trending towards bust but maybe he can figure it out as well.

I think Lindgren is a darkhorse to get some NHL minutes this year.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Duzsak looks really good.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Rasanen is trending towards bust but maybe he can figure it out as well.

I think Lindgren is a darkhorse to get some NHL minutes this year.

Rasanen buggered his own development with that move to the KHL, kid should have stuck it out in the OHL for another year imo

My dark horse is Kivihalme, I watched some video of him and I liked what I saw, the kids a one man breakout

I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks camp with the team on the bottom pair LD slot

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Duzsak looks really good.

I liked him with the Marlies during the playoffs, he's got some very interesting tools

Hopefully he does well on the Marlies this year, he needs minutes and there's some quality defensive depth in front of him though

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Rasanen buggered his own development with that move to the KHL, kid should have stuck it out in the OHL for another year imo

My dark horse is Kivihalme, I watched some video of him and I liked what I saw, the kids a one man breakout

I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks camp with the team on the bottom pair LD slot
I like what I've sen of Kivihalme on film as well but I feel like you can make anyone look good in a highlight pack so I'm not going to get excited yet.

I remember getting excited for Jonas Frogren off of a highlight pack of him throwing huge hits. Heck, even an Igor Ozhiganov highlight pack last season had me excited.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I like what I've sen of Kivihalme on film as well but I feel like you can make anyone look good in a highlight pack so I'm not going to get excited yet.

I remember getting excited for Jonas Frogren off of a highlight pack of him throwing huge hits. Heck, even an Igor Ozhiganov highlight pack last season had me excited.

The video I was looking at was showing positioning in the defensive zone, zone exits and him advancing the puck in the neutral zone rather than the flashy jumping up in the play offensive zone stuff you usually get

I'm just trying to remember where I watched it from

Reactions: LeafChief

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I think people are undervaluing Beazeau. I dont think he is gonna be a spare guy, I think he gets top 9 minutes.
He needs playing time to develop and the man can score.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
That's pretty average before we've even had any injuries, the Marlies strength is definitely the back-end now
Kinda hoping we see the ECHL feeder system pay off with the Marlies bottom two lines.
Conrad, Elynuik, Estephan, Bradley, maybe a couple more. Hope they get a fair crack. Be nice to turn some coal into diamonds.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I think people are undervaluing Beazeau. I dont think he is gonna be a spare guy, I think he gets top 9 minutes.
He needs playing time to develop and the man can score.

Nope. He needs to prove it playing against guys his age.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

I think they could win some games with this lineup but it does lack a difference maker. Unless Mitch or Willie is moved I don't see Bracco starting with the Leafs. Mikheyev would need to be Kontiola 2.0 for him not to get a big chunk of games early on with the big club. The scouting reports say he can keep up to NHL speed and they don't have any long term control so I think he gets a lot of first half action and then is either a Leaf going forward, or back to Russia.

They could add a Seth Griffith/Chris Mueller type of vet but there is a good chance Petan is a Marlie to start the year and he is ppg AHL player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad