Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Excited to get a look at Korshkov tonight.

Any word on who is drawing in for Rosen? Personally, I'd rather see Duzsak over Olesky.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Babs spoke of guys coming in next year with size who can compete for spots. I kind of hope Engval gets to see more time at C. His speed and ever increasing defensive play/PK ability could be really useful.

Marchment - Engval - Korshkov/Mikheyev

All have size. Engval Korsh and Mikheyev can all skate well.
Engval and Mikheyev have both been coach favorites on the PK.

Really cheap 4th line/13th F if we love out Brown.

I have Moore on the third line after Marleau is moved out to help save $.

AJ Matthew's Nylander
Hyman Tavares Marner
Moore Kadri Kap
Marchment Engval Korsh/Mikhey

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
IMO, Engval needs at least another full season in the AHL

Especially if he's going to be a center long term.

Marchment needs another year in the AHL (and is waiver exempt).

Even Carcone, Brooks and Timashov need another year, and after Moore and Bracco, they are probably the closest to the NHL. However Engvall on the wing could be in the NHL pretty soon too.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Engvall is very impressive. His skating is elite and with that size i really think he could be a great fit on or team. He will help drive possesion downlow and can still outskate guys and apply a ton of pressure on the forecheck.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Engvall is very impressive. His skating is elite and with that size i really think he could be a great fit on or team. He will help drive possesion downlow and can still outskate guys and apply a ton of pressure on the forecheck.
I like him and Goat on our 4th. Big guys who can play center and PK.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Marchment just had the most physical shift of any Leaf or Marlie forward I’ve seen in awhile. Really refreshing. Korshkov looks as advertised. Size, physicality, and some scoring touch.

Reactions: D00bis

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Bracco is so interesting because he needs top powerplay time to be really effective. How will he get top PP time on our team? He should still be on the team regardless because his passing is superb but i think that he would be best utilized on PP1 and playing with skilled players 5 on 5.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Bracco is so interesting because he needs top powerplay time to be really effective. How will he get top PP time on our team? He should still be on the team regardless because his passing is superb but i think that he would be best utilized on PP1 and playing with skilled players 5 on 5.
Seems a natural fit with AM, but it’d be best if there’s a wizard on the other flank who can fly.

genk

Nov 15, 2015
So... I’m shocked this isn’t being discussed more but Sandin is having a AHL record setting year for an 18/19 year old.

Having said that, and while I admit that I have been mostly scorewatching, I can only assume Sandin has had an extremely high on side shot %, right? It’s going to feel bad when his point total regresses significantly next year.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Next time you watch a Marlie game, follow Bracco at 5 vs 5, then you will get a good feel at where he is at developmental wise

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
So... I’m shocked this isn’t being discussed more but Sandin is having a AHL record setting year for an 18/19 year old.

Having said that, and while I admit that I have been mostly scorewatching, I can only assume Sandin has had an extremely high on side shot %, right? It’s going to feel bad when his point total regresses significantly next year.

Did you mean On Ice Sh%? I don't think they track that stat -- but he's been on the ice a *lot* in the latter half of the season compared to what other 18/19's would get, so you'd be better off looking to adjust to 5v5 & PP p/60 to see where he really stacks up production-wise with his age group before deriving sh%. But whatever results you end up with, whether it shows more or less points, you need to keep into consideration that he's getting that much ice time on a Marlies team that is killing it in the playoffs. I'd say that's what people are more impressed with than his assists.

Reactions: Guy Boucher

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Did you mean On Ice Sh%? I don't think they track that stat -- but he's been on the ice a *lot* in the latter half of the season compared to what other 18/19's would get, so you'd be better off looking to adjust to 5v5 & PP p/60 to see where he really stacks up production-wise with his age group before deriving sh%. But whatever results you end up with, whether it shows more or less points, you need to keep into consideration that he's getting that much ice time on a Marlies team that is killing it in the playoffs. I'd say that's what people are more impressed with than his assists.

Yeah, I meant On Ice Sh%, my bad.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Man that was a terrible game and I hope Keef has an answer because if this is how the Marlies are going to play they probably won't win another game

If anyone know's of a stream for tomorrow's game please let me know (PM me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->