Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I'm pretty sure that dubas will try unearthing some undervalued goalies before locking up bigtime cap space in a good but not great goalie like Freddy.

This. It’s is what we saw with Sparks and what we’ll see for the next couple years in our backups. Young backups with potential getting limited ice.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Summer Showcase has started

PLYMOUTH, Mich. -- The United States will not release any players from its roster for the World Junior Summer Showcase until Thursday.

"We want them to play to their ability; they have to kind of show us too what they can do," U.S. coach Scott Sandelin said. "We're trying to put together a team, and obviously this team is not going to be put together fully until December, but this is the start of that process, so it gives us an opportunity to put guys in positions and show us what they can do."
Sandelin said only a few players will be released at the event, which runs Friday through Aug. 3 and features practices and games between the U.S., Canada, Sweden and Finland at USA Hockey Arena. It's the first step in picking rosters for the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship in the Czech Republic from Dec. 26-Jan. 5.

The United States' 44-player roster has been divided into two teams, USA Blue and USA White, and they opened the showcase with a scrimmage consisting of two 15-minute periods, one 20-minute power-play session broken into five-minute splits and then a five-man shootout.

Oliver Wahlstrom (New York Islanders), Nicholas Robertson (Toronto Maple Leafs) and Trevor Zegras (Anaheim Ducks) scored for USA White, which won the shootout. Joel Farabee (Philadelphia Flyers) and Luke Toporowski (2020 NHL Draft eligible) scored for USA Blue in the loss.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Summer Showcase has started

PLYMOUTH, Mich. -- The United States will not release any players from its roster for the World Junior Summer Showcase until Thursday.

"We want them to play to their ability; they have to kind of show us too what they can do," U.S. coach Scott Sandelin said. "We're trying to put together a team, and obviously this team is not going to be put together fully until December, but this is the start of that process, so it gives us an opportunity to put guys in positions and show us what they can do."
Sandelin said only a few players will be released at the event, which runs Friday through Aug. 3 and features practices and games between the U.S., Canada, Sweden and Finland at USA Hockey Arena. It's the first step in picking rosters for the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship in the Czech Republic from Dec. 26-Jan. 5.

The United States' 44-player roster has been divided into two teams, USA Blue and USA White, and they opened the showcase with a scrimmage consisting of two 15-minute periods, one 20-minute power-play session broken into five-minute splits and then a five-man shootout.

Oliver Wahlstrom (New York Islanders), Nicholas Robertson (Toronto Maple Leafs) and Trevor Zegras (Anaheim Ducks) scored for USA White, which won the shootout. Joel Farabee (Philadelphia Flyers) and Luke Toporowski (2020 NHL Draft eligible) scored for USA Blue in the loss.

I'm a little dumbfounded as to how Luke Toporowski was not drafted TBH. His father was big, so even though he's only 5'10", 180 lbs right now, he will almost certainly grow to over 6'0". He's physical and feisty, goes to dirty areas. Great skater, knows how to shoot and set up guys. Decent defensive player too.

He's one of my candidates to be the next OA player who could go in the top 90 next year. He wouldn't have even been a reach in the 3rd round ths year TBH, but I had him in the 4th or 5th round. I would have taken him in the 7th round.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Draws Penalty, maintains possession.

Great plays, just can't get a shot off.

Muscles guy off the puck, holds possession, gets open for a shot.

But... drafting little guys is terrible!

We already have Bracco in the system, they're basically identical players because they're not 6'2.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Robertson will be better than Bracco imo. Bracco is a weird case to me. I kinda want to keep him because we'll be needing those cheap ELC over the next few years, but at the same time his value is at an all time high and makes you wonder what you could get with him in a package, especially if you package him with Ceci.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Robertson will be better than Bracco imo. Bracco is a weird case to me. I kinda want to keep him because we'll be needing those cheap ELC over the next few years, but at the same time his value is at an all time high and makes you wonder what you could get with him in a package, especially if you package him with Ceci.
Until nick robertson tears up the AHL like Bracco has then he can be compared in terms of skill. Too many posters have the new shiny toy syndrome.

Both these players have skill and until they make it to the big team they are just prospects with Bracco being way ahead in development at this time.

Why would w3 want to trade away players of this skill set.
Makes no sense to me.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
They are different types of players...Robertson is more of a shoot first guy and a more tenacious checker. Bracco has much better vision and smarts with the puck.

Reactions: Jeypic

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I think the only way that will happen is if Robertson is able to play on the Marlies next year. Bracco should either be traded or on the Leafs by the 2020-21 season

Bracco won't be on the Marlies next year because he's waive eligible and won't clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad