2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
What I'd like is for both DLR and Scherbak to be sent to Laval. Won't happen but since both are fringe nhlers, you never know.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
yeah he was tremendous in the AHL, not sure why it's laughing matter?

Because Jacob DeLaRose is a competent bottom 6 NHL player who has played a role in helping the Red Wings improve, playing anywhere from 11 to 17 minutes on most nights. He is still playing center while Alex Galchenyuk has been moved to the wing! He plays against good players in many cases and usually holds his own.

He does not belong in the AHL.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Because Jacob DeLaRose is a competent bottom 6 NHL player who has played a role in helping the Red Wings improve, playing anywhere from 11 to 17 minutes on most nights. He is still playing center while Alex Galchenyuk has been moved to the wing! He plays against good players in many cases and usually holds his own.

He does not belong in the AHL.

Still.. he would have help the Rocket. That's what I said and it was true !

Some injuries on forwards ?

15 forwards.... seems too much.

Waked and Pezzetta/Verbeek could use games in the ECHL.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Some injuries on forwards ?

15 forwards.... seems too much.

Waked and Pezzetta/Verbeek could use games in the ECHL.

I know Vejdemo is hurt and didn't play last game. Good chance he'll miss tomorrow's game.

It's possible because they're playing three games in four nights (with a back-to-back against Syracuse Friday and Saturday) that they want to have options.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Mariners are the only ECHL game tonight against Newfoundland. Culkin and Plant in the starting line-up and are paired together.

I liked Culkin for the short time he was with Laval. So I'm happy that they have him as depth.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I wonder how Bouchard does long-term. He is a lot about motivation and being involved, but if it's only that, he may fall short.

I first thought of Guy Boucher when I saw the hype. It's almost as if his coaching was going to revolutionize hockey, from some people's opinions. Ok, he is coaching in the NHL, but how much he got criticized and how is 1-3-1 was laughed at by Laviolette's Flyers back then, I hope a similar fate doesn't happen to Bouchard.

I believe he's a great coach (teacher), is motivated, does the drills himself in practice to show his players.
On the other hand, he loves the attention of a camera and seems to overreact a bit when he is being filmed.
Anyway, he seems to be a development coach, so I guess it's perfect for the seat he has now.
Loved his "Académie de hockey Mcdonald's" and some analysis while he worked on RDS. Thinking a bit "outside of the box".

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Lindgren practiced this morning alone with his goalie coach. The good news is that it doesn't seem like his injury is major. But Bouchard already confirmed that he won't play this weekend.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Do you think Lindgren will get called up when he's back? I'd give Niemi at least a couple more starts but I hope we finish the year with Price-Lindgren

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Do you think Lindgren will get called up when he's back? I'd give Niemi at least a couple more starts but I hope we finish the year with Price-Lindgren

Unless they trade Niemi at the deadline, I think Lindgren will stay in Laval all season. I expect him to be the back-up as of next season (coinciding with him having to go through waivers.)

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
syr14_200-150x150.png
lav17_200-150x150.png

DuZJ8oWXgAAx-Wl.png

DuagVGMWkAA36_n.jpg

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Meanwhile in ECHL action, Maine Mariners are up 3-0 in the first period against Adirondack Thunder. Ryan Culkin with 2 assists.

McNiven with a Carey Price move there behind the net, getting in a players way and knocking him down, meanwhile trying to draw a goaltender interference call by falling down. Ref lets it go.

And just after all that, Syracuse opens the scoring. 1-0 Crunch.

After Syracuse's goal, it's been all Laval.

McNiven with a big save after a bad giveaway by Lamarche in front of the net. Laval comes the other way and Jevpalovs draws the penalty.

To no one's surprise, that PP was crap.

Alexandre Alain is having a real good first period. A few good chances.

Oh man, that should have been a penalty shot for Belzile. He was hooked while on a breakaway. Laval getting another PP instead.

Edit: that was actually a good looking PP. A lot of zone time. But Syracuse is good on the PK so they mostly keep Laval on the outside. Nevertheless, Laval got a few good looks in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad