2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dua435SUcAAgC3S.jpg

Syracuse is a real fast team. They got the first goal, but Laval was working real hard and didn't allow much to Syracuse. However, the few opportunities Syracuse got, they looked dangerous. The type of team that doesn't need much to score. McNiven made some really good saves to prevent the game from being more than 1-0.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval headed back to the PP. Dumont hit Evans from behind into the boards. Evans is okay. I don't know if Laval's PP will be.

Edit: And Laval's PP is okay, they got a PP goal. McCarron makes it 2-1.

McCarron now has a goal and an assist tonight as he had a pass on Alain's goal.

Mete and Belzile with assists on McCarron's goal.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Laval forgot to get a player on the ice so they played 5 vs 4 for like 20 seconds.:laugh:

And now it's 2-2.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Damn, Syracyuse ties it.

It's a shame as Laval has been all over Syracuse so far this period.

Vejdemo headed to the box. Laval's first PK. Syracuse has the best PP in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Syracuse has the momentum right now after that PP. Laval successfully killed it but Crunch had some real good chances they didn't convert.

Deprés headed to the box. Syracuse with a second PP with a little over a minute left. Crunch has been the better team the second half of the period. Last thing you want is to give them more momentum.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DubFfHqWoAAV8QP.jpg

Second period was in two parts. The first half, Laval came out strong and really dominated the play. They were able to tie the game and then get a PP goal to take the lead. But a counter attack by Syracuse leveled the score. And from that goal, as well as two PP's, Syracuse took over the second half of period.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jevpalovs headed to the box. That's the third straight PP offered to Syracuse. They're playing with fire.

That was a real good job by Laval on the PK. They were keeping the puck immobile on the boards for like 15 seconds. Ouellet then draws the penalty and it's 4-on-4 for now before Jevpalovs comes back for the PP.

And Després draws another penalty. Laval headed to a 5-on-3 for 1:24 with a little under 4 minutes left. Big opportunity.

Grenier with a rocket of a shot that knocked Pasquale's mask off, broke his throat protector, and the goalie looks shaken up.

On a 5-on-3 and Syracuse gets a breakaway, Grenier catches up, another player jumps onto the loose puck and McNiven with a big save. But Audette heads to the box for slashing.

And right off the face-off, McNiven gets bumped into and Crunch gets called for goaltender interference. Laval back on a 4-on-3 PP.

Ouellet crushes Dumont.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What a friggin' finish to the game. Unsportsmanlike conduct for Syracuse. Laval's PP extended with a little over a minute left.

Laval will start OT on the PP. At least a point in the bank.

Ouellet is having a good second half of the game. And McNiven having another real good game.

Alzner with an amazing back check to stop the breakaway.

Shootout coming up. This has been a very exciting game, particularly the end of the third and OT.

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Shinkaruk: saved
Volkov: goal
Audette: goal

Raddysh: miss (crossbar)
Grenier: saved
Barré-Boulet: miss
Evans: saved
Conacher: saved
Belzile: saved
Verhaeghe: saved
Froese: miss
Sompi: goal

Syracuse wins it in a shootout.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hannibal

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
At the beginning of the season I was amazed by the amount of loosing the Rocket had. I am even more amazed now. That's a lot of loosing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
At the beginning of the season I was amazed by the amount of loosing the Rocket had. I am even more amazed now. That's a lot of loosing.

They have 5 points out of a possible 6 the last 3 games.

They are losing a lot of games but if you watch the games, you'll notice this year's team is nothing like last year's.

They compete, work hard, the young kids are improving, the team by and large dominate most games. Very few games did they look like the worst team on the ice.

There is work to be done. But there has been a real big roster turnover from last year. Only 6 players were there last year, and one of them (Froese) spent most of his year in the NHL. So really, it's 5. The rest are all new players.

For me, I see a difference. And a positive one despite the losses.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Good. They wanted him to work more on his defensive game and you see slight improvement there.

Last night, he was paired with Alzner and the two had great games.

good to hear. I think a lot of his improvement will come from getting stronger as 1 on 1 battles are a bit tough for him. My worry is he'll either won't get bigger or if he does he'll lose his speed. Mind you he's so damn fast he could lose a notch or two and still have plenty to burn but it is his biggest asset so losing any would be tough. Really hope he puts in the work to shore up his weaknesses. He'd be a huge help on the back end.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Due4yJYX4AAFTKD.jpg

Laval playing with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen.

- Marcoux gets the start.
- Fleury returns and is paired with Ouellet.
- Sklenicka draws back in with Alzner as his partner.
- Mete put on the third pair with Lernout.
- Martineau is also inserted into the line-up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A solid penalty kill by Laval again.

A good start by Laval. Nothing really amazing, but a good start. They started with energy.

Real good pressure by Laval there, keeping Syracuse in their zone. Rocket's forecheck was effective. Good shift there by McCarron, Audette, and Belzile.

What an absolute beautiful pass by Mete. Cross-ice pass to Belzile who makes it 1-0 with a bomb. Martineau gets a point, as well. It all started with his great forecheck.

Froese makes it 2-0 with a beautiful goal. Drags the puck from behind the net and backhand roofs it. McCarron with the assist.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DufECG1XQAE_ZZM.jpg

Laval came to play today. They haven't given the Crunch much. Marcoux hasn't really been challenged that much. He was only forced to make a big save once, and that was more catching a good shot from the blue line.

Laval picked their game up as the period progressed. They made two of their chances count, which is often something that bites them in the end.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
after his last start, I was shocked that Marcoux got the net especially with how well McNiven has played since Lindgren's been injured. I really wanted to see McNiven continue to get work with Lindgren back soon.

Martineau gets his first point in the AHL.

McCarron continues his hot streak with 10 pts in the last 9 games. He's 2nd on the team in assists and is one pt away from being in a 3 way tie for 2nd in points. It's still early but it's looking like Bouchard has been good for McCarron, he looks so much better then last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad