2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So, just listened to Bouchard's interview after last night's disaster.

Guy seemed as lost as his players. La fale à terre!

I suspect he'll go back to junior after this disastrous season. Une coche de plus, les pros, mon homme, hein?

Question : what's the worst season ever for a Habs A farm team?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In the first 19 minutes of the game Laval had given up just 1 shot and Marcoux didn't save it. So if he didn't make a save with less then a minute to go he would have had a zero save % after 20 minutes of play but only 1 goal allowed. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.

They played well but the goaltending just let them down. On the season I'd say that Lindgren has been their MVP so far, he's been very good aside from some poor rebounds here and there. McNiven came in cold and didn't get the job done, he's looked better this year then last year imo but I don't like him being a backup, he should have been a starter in the ECHL last year and stayed there and then maybe bring up him this year if he's going to play every other game. But Lindgren has just been better then him so I can see why Bouchard went with him.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
So, just listened to Bouchard's interview after last night's disaster.

Guy seemed as lost as his players. La fale à terre!

I suspect he'll go back to junior after this disastrous season. Une coche de plus, les pros, mon homme, hein?

Question : what's the worst season ever for a Habs A farm team?

Couldn't disagree more. Rocket are playing better than their record. No scorers and Mcniven sucks.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Couldn't disagree more. Rocket are playing better than their record. No scorers and Mcniven sucks.

McNiven has played how many games this season? Bouchard, to me, is all about style. Not sure about the substance. Not surprised he was GM to Team Canada, and not coach, as I think Ducharme is more about substance. Bouchard for me, c'est un show de boucane. Don't think he was, after Ducharme, the best the Q had to offer as a coach. He will be a good assistant to the GM one day.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I liked that Bouchard put together the Shinkaruk Audette Grenier line, the line of disappointment.

McNiven has played how many games this season? Bouchard, to me, is all about style. Not sure about the substance. Not surprised he was GM to Team Canada, and not coach, as I think Ducharme is more about substance. Bouchard for me, c'est un show de boucane. Don't think he was, after Ducharme, the best the Q had to offer as a coach. He will be a good assistant to the GM one day.

Laval is the top team in the AHL in shots allowed, their defensive play is night and day to the tire fire that was last years team imo and that's with 3 rookies on the blueline every night before Mete, Alzner, Despres got there.

They are one of the top teams in the AHL in ga. So they don't give up many shots, they don't give up many goals, although if Lindgren is out for any length then that could change as Marcoux got shelled and McNiven is not playing as well as Lindgren.

The PP and the offense in general just stink, when Armia gets back they hopefully get some help there as losing Agostino and Chaput to an already terrible offense stings badly.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I'd have a question to those following the AHL team. Could it be a good idea to sign Belzile to an NHL contract and try him out? He's the highest scorer on the team and it seems he's a very coach-able player.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'd have a question to those following the AHL team. Could it be a good idea to sign Belzile to an NHL contract and try him out? He's the highest scorer on the team and it seems he's a very coach-able player.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving him an NHL contract. Though he's a 27-year old with no NHL experience so at his age and his lack of NHL experience, it may be wise to hold that NHL contract spot for someone better suited to possibly help the NHL team.

This is why they offered Agostino and Chaput NHL contracts when everyone else got AHL deals. They have NHL games under their belts.

In Chaput's case, he had over 100 NHL games under his belt before he signed with Montreal. Agostino didn't have many, but he was a top scorer in the AHL two seasons ago and with Chris Terry leaving, they needed someone who can add scoring in the AHL. And to ensure you get that type of player, you offer them an NHL deal.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
With the Habs : I actually like Agostino in Montreal. He hits, seems talented enough.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Chaput's value isn't on the scoresheet.
Matthew Peca and Charles Hudon are in a tough spot... (waivers needed if to be sent down).
Kulak doing what he has to do and complimenting Weber nicely. Apparently was the best D in Laval to get the puck out of the zone, in a safe area, without creating an offside.

Currently with Laval : As for yesterday's game, against the Marlies.
Després high stick penalty led to the tying goal by the opposing team. Then, who scores the overtime winner on the powerplay.. Després. lol
Alzner and Mete are effective, but not great as to get a call-up (with space or not on the Habs roster).
Audette tries maybe one too many tricks.
I like Alexandre Alain. He's a very smart kid and that might be why he shows some on the ice quite often. Underrated shot, was surprised at the Habs camp.
The penalty kill is a joke.. but it was great the first 10+ games, got bad the last 13.. allowing a goal every game from what I understood. They'll figure it out.
Nice shot from the Captain Froese. The guy who had scored on Price in practice last year and then Price went up to break his stick.

I don't know much about some guys (Grenier, Belzile, Evans) ... Waked (energy guy)... Lamarche, and the 2 Czech defensemen (Moravcik/Sklenicka). I don't know where Lernout stands now.
Saw some of Verbeek, Pezzetta. Didn't really notice McCarron, except one shift.

I liked Bruno Gervais game description and analysis. He described how the Marlies usually score their powerplay goal and that the D should stay in between 5 feet from the net to defend.... The Rocket defensemen did not and things happened as he said it would if they didn't! Real knowledgeable guy!!

Last edited:

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Sens fan coming in peace to ask you guys a question. Tye Felhaber signed an ATO with Laval last year, and played 4 games. Anyone here remember how he looked? I ask because he's been on fire for the 67s this year, 35 goals/53 points/+29 in just 32 games.

He is an overager, but those numbers I assume will get him a pro contract, and I'm wondering if the Montreal brass liked him enough in those 4 games to possibly make them the frontrunners.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't see the need unless injuries hit hard.

Sens fan coming in peace to ask you guys a question. Tye Felhaber signed an ATO with Laval last year, and played 4 games. Anyone here remember how he looked? I ask because he's been on fire for the 67s this year, 35 goals/53 points/+29 in just 32 games.

He is an overager, but those numbers I assume will get him a pro contract, and I'm wondering if the Montreal brass liked him enough in those 4 games to possibly make them the frontrunners.

I don't recall him but I'm sure management is keeping an eye on him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Rocket would have been so much better with De la Rose, Scherbak and Oloffson playing.

Agreed. Sucks that DLR and Scherbak never made it through waivers. And also sucks that Olofsson got injured again.

Good news is Fleury should be in the line-up on Wednesday.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Phélix Martineau. He was signed to an AHL deal this off-season. He played a few games with Laval last week, but was sent back to the ECHL. He's doing very good there. And he's got some interesting tools. But he's just depth for Laval.

I would have kept him up and put him in a better spot, Waked brings nothing, Verbeek has the speed but hasn't shown any offense. Martineau is over a ppg and has 8 goals in 13 games, we need goals so badly I would start getting desperate as they need to string together a few wins quickly before falling too far behind.

I think it's time to trade a D for some help on forwards.

depends on what the Habs plans are for Mete, if he's only down for a short while, and I assume Despres won't be back from the Spengler Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad