2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Strong start in the second by Laval. All over Syracuse.

Laval headed to the PP. Hopefully they get a goal like yesterday. A 3-0 lead could really help them. Because despite the domination this period, Crunch could strike back quickly.

Edit: that didn't last long. Grenier gets called and it's 4-on-4. This has happened before. He loses the puck at the blue line and then hooks and cancels the Laval PP.

Edit #2: and it's Crunch's turn to cancel their PP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DufP4rHWoAEs_sI.jpg

Complete domination by Laval in the second period. That was a great period by them. 11-2 the shots in favor of the Rocket.

Here's hoping they continue this in the third and add to the lead.

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval continuing the pressure. Crunch is lucky to have Ingram in net because he's made some big saves.

Jevpalovs makes 3-0 picking up a long rebound from a Sklenicka shot.

Domination right now is spelled R-O-C-K-E-T.

4:30 minutes left and Crunch pull their goalie.

Sklenicka gets called to the box. It will be a 6-on-4 with Crunch's goalie pulled. Only good news is Laval can clear without fear of icing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dufc3fkW4AAqpMs.jpg

This was Laval's game all the way. It was more like Syracuse was there just so Laval plays against someone. They dominated them in every way.

- Marcoux gets his first career AHL shutout. He wasn't challenged much, but when he was, he answered the call. Credit to the defense, as well, who were aggressive and were really on top of Syracuse.

- McCarron and Belzile played shifts with Alain and others with Audette. With whoever they were put with, McCarron and Belzile were the best players for Laval.

- All three players who were inserted into the line-up (Martineau, Sklenicka, and Fleury, who missed about a month of action) all looked good. Martineau and Sklenicka even picked up assists. Fleury again showed what makes him a prospect to be excited about. He showed poise, set up some good scoring chances, and laid a few good hits.

- Laval is on a real good run right now. They have 3 wins in 4 games and have picked up 7 of a possible 8 points.

- A really positive note for this week-end is that even though Syracuse has the #1 PP in the league, Laval killed every single PP off.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With a good coaching staff and some experienced Dmen you have to think they will start winning some games

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that was a hell of a game from Laval, but also an impressive weekend getting 3 of 4 pts without Lindgren. 3 pts out of a playoff spot, although they have to find a way to get the offense going as they have had 17 of 29 games with 2 or less goals. They are off till Friday where they have 2 big games vs the marlies, so a repeat of this weekend would be huge. Hopefully Lindgren is back for one of the games.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Only 4 points away from a PO spot now. I expect them to make it by year end, especially if they get Chaput back.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
LOL a Laval goalie gets a shutout and it's not even Lindgren of McNiven...do the Habs even have Marcoux's rights? Seems almost like a "I use to play for Blainville" situation.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
LOL a Laval goalie gets a shutout and it's not even Lindgren of McNiven...do the Habs even have Marcoux's rights? Seems almost like a "I use to play for Blainville" situation.

Marcoux is under contract with the Laval Rocket. He was signed in the off-season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It would have been nice to see Utica lose in regulation today against Charlotte Checkers. They did lose, but it was in OT, so they picked up a loser point.

Here are the standings in the North Division:
AHL.png

Laval plays next Friday and Saturday against Toronto.

In between, games involving divisional teams are:

Tuesday
Utica vs. Charlotte (hoping for a Charlotte regulation win as a victory from them has no effect on Laval). That would leave Laval 5 points behind Utica with 2 games in hand.

Wednesday
Cleveland vs. Grand Rapids (hoping for a Grand Rapids victory for the same reasons as the Charlotte/Utica game). That would leave Cleveland within 4 points of Laval, although after this game, Cleveland would still have a game in hand.

Toronto vs. Binghamton (best case would be to not have this game go into OT or SO. This way, we avoid having both teams pick up points. It would be best if Binghamton wins. It would put them 5 points ahead of Laval, but the Rocket would have 2 games in hand. And with Toronto losing, and hopefully Laval takes both games against them next weekend, Laval would jump ahead of the Marlies.

Rochester vs. Belleville: Rochester winning is what we're looking for. There's not point in chasing the first place team, currently 12 points ahead. We're looking to pass Belleville. The Senators losing this one would officially place Laval ahead of them even if they'd be even in points.

Friday
Laval vs. Toronto: I don't think this one needs explaining. This win coupled with Toronto losing on Wednesday would have Laval just 1 point behind the Marlies.

Utica vs. Springfield: Looking for a Springfield win. If everything goes as I lay out, Laval would be 3 points behind Utica with 2 games in hand.

Binghamton vs. Providence: Looking for a Providence win.

Cleveland vs. Belleville: Belleville win because even if they win and tie Laval at 28 points, Laval would still be ahead due to having a game in hand. And Cleveland losing would keep them at 30 points and put them only 1 point ahead of Laval.

Saturday
Laval vs. Toronto: duh! Laval would jump ahead of Marlies if they win in regulation.

Belleville vs. Cleveland: This one is more about whether we care if Belleville stays on Laval's tail while keeping Laval just on Cleveland's tail. I personally stay tight with the team ahead even if there's a team right behind. So I would look for a Belleville win here.

Binghamton vs. Utica: If Binghamton wins, they jump ahead of Laval by one point, but Laval would have 3 games in hand. Meanwhile a Binghamton win would also keep Utica one point ahead, who Rocket would hold 3 games in hand on also. It's not a clear answer, but I think I'd rather Utica move 3 points ahead and keep Binghamton behind. Laval can catch Utica and separate themselves from Binghamton more with those 3 games in hand on both teams.

Here is what the standings will look like if all goes according to plan. I didn't bother putting up Rochester and Syracuse numbers are they are both ahead of everyone and both have games in hand on almost every other team in the division.

1) Rochester
2) Syracuse
3) Utica (33 GP - 33 PTS)
4) Cleveland (30 GP - 30 PTS)
5) Laval (30 GP - 30 PTS)
6) Bellevile (32 GP - 30 PTS)
7) Toronto (30 GP - 29 PTS)
8) Binghamton (33 GP - 29 PTS)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Marcoux was terrible in his 1st game, he let in 3 on the first 4 shots he faced. His SO he wasn't tested much at all. But he was able to get the SO, while Lindgren has been very good, the MVP so far this season imo, but he needs to make that one save as he faces so few shots (Laval is or was #1 in the league in fewest shots allowed). It's not uncommon for them to give up 3 or 4 shots a period at times. I know some goalies say they like to see more shots, I don't know what more Lindgren can really do as he's played well enough to be one of the top goalies in the league at least based off the teams i've seen face Laval.

McNiven has been better for sure, but not at the level of Lindgren.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Marcoux was terrible in his 1st game, he let in 3 on the first 4 shots he faced. His SO he wasn't tested much at all. But he was able to get the SO, while Lindgren has been very good, the MVP so far this season imo, but he needs to make that one save as he faces so few shots (Laval is or was #1 in the league in fewest shots allowed). It's not uncommon for them to give up 3 or 4 shots a period at times. I know some goalies say they like to see more shots, I don't know what more Lindgren can really do as he's played well enough to be one of the top goalies in the league at least based off the teams i've seen face Laval.

McNiven has been better for sure, but not at the level of Lindgren.

That's good to hear about Lindgren. Wasn't really sure about how he was doing down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->