2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

McNiven to ECHL's Brampton Beast and Étienne Marcoux called up to Laval.

The Rocket don't play before Friday, meanwhile, Brampton is playing on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I don't think they'll let McNiven play one game on Wednesday and call him up to back up Lindgren on Friday. I think he'll stay and play a few games. He needs to see some action.

Meanwhile Marcoux, who has been playing many games, will get some practice time with Laval and will most probably be the back up next Friday and Saturday.

Also, being on a two-way AHL/ECHL deal, Marcoux will get paid his AHL salary for the amount of time he spends with Laval.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
finally, I hated how Lefebvre let McNiven sit too long in between games last year, I didn't get why they brought him up as he should have spent all year in the ECHL as I hate to see 20 year olds sit.

I really like Bouchard, even things I don't agree with he seems to fix. I wanted to see Evans with Froese and now he's put them together, I think he's a good vet to have for Evans.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ECHL Report

Brampton Beast (3 - 2 {OT}) Worcester Railers

- Michael McNiven wins in his ECHL Debut. He made 29 saves on 30 shots and posted a .935 SV%.

Manchester Monarch (5 - 1) Norfolk Admirals

- T.J. Melancon with 0 points / -1 / 3 SOG

Season so far: 10 pts (4G, 6A) in 21 GP

Maine Mariners (2 - 3) Adirondack Thunder

- Morgan Adams-Moisan with 1 assist / +1 / 1 SOG / 2 PIM (Elbowing)

Season so far: 5 pts (4G, 1A) in 18 GP

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

McNiven recalled back to Laval as Lindgren is injured. So this weekend's games, it will be McNiven and Marcoux that will be available as the goalies.

Reactions: DAChampion

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Is it me or all the players that were call up from Laval were never send down and all looks really good ?

Credit to coach Bouchard

Agostino - 6 pts in 14 games
Chaput - he's first on the team on FO%
Kulak - plays 20min a night on the first pairing with Weber

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Outshooting your opponent in a 7-2 loss is an impressive feat.
McNiven has been trash since he turned pro, hopefully, we bury him in the ECHL next year and find someone who can give competition to Lindgren (Primeau possibly), goaltending has been bad this year.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Is it me or all the players that were call up from Laval were never send down and all looks really good ?

Credit to coach Bouchard

I'm not sure if credit can be given to Bouchard given how little time he spent with them.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Credit to coach Bouchard

Agostino has always been a good AHLer.
Chaput might be his credit
Kulak did just play a full season with the flames and for buried because of their depth and now plays because our depth was full of bad dmen.

Evans had 1g 1a last night.

Grenier has been a massive disappointment. Not a prospect, but for someone who regularly gets 40+points he's sucked.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Laval goaltenders are the worst in the entire AHL..... McNiven and Marcoux are ECHL material.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007

Credit to coach Bouchard

These are pretty much veterans who he played no role in developing. With the exception of Evans who had no pro track record, everyone has regressed under Boucher. Not blaming him entirely, not much talent to work with, but the results he is getting are very underwhelming. He brought in a bunch of ECHL quality players, and a coaching staff with no experience coaching in pro hockey, and the results speak for themselves. There is no reason that with the financial strength of the Habs there are not a better core of veterans and UFA players signed. There are AHL teams who don't have a big budget because their organization can't even afford players for the NHL team, Laval should not be one of those.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Very strong D AHL squad, putrid offensive squad, meh goalies.

Mete-Alzner
Ouellet-Despres
Lernout-Fleury(if healthy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad