2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I missed the game because it was midday on a weekday for a Holiday not celebrated in Quebec. But I was on my way home from work (and picking up my daughter from school) and was listening to the game in the car. I jumped when they said Vejdemo scored. Then they said it was waved off. But they also said that it was the wrong decision and they took a goal away from Laval.

I thought it was a bit weak but there was some contact. Just sucked cause we needed that extra pt so badly and had it for a second.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dz4v2QZW0AArqja.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kinda have my attention divided as I'm also watching some soccer and a movie with my daughter. A little all over the place.

From what I was able to see, Laval had a good first period. But are down 2-1. Lamarche scored his first of the season unassisted right after Syracuse took a 2-0 lead.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The coverage wasn't good on the 1st goal or 2nd goal as Lindgren has been pretty good but left out dry on both goals. The Larmarche goal was a softie but maybe Pasquale was trying to help out his former teammates. :sarcasm:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What"s the point of a 2 way?guy will never be up with the Habs again.

It's better for him than a AHL deal since you can guarantee more money in a NHL 2-way deal than a 1-way AHL deal. Also protects him from being poached by another team looking for a good AHL vet. We have plenty of contract space too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's been a good year for Evans. Not great, but good. It's really too bad this team will miss the playoffs. Next year he will likely have more competition, but also better players to play with.

His numbers are impressive, as he's on pace for 46 pts which is pretty good but even better when you consider that he's more of a playmaker and there hasn't been much in the way of goal scorers since Froese was the only one for most of the year.

His problem has been consistency.

29 games - 0 pts
21 games - 30 pts

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
His numbers are impressive, as he's on pace for 46 pts which is pretty good but even better when you consider that he's more of a playmaker and there hasn't been much in the way of goal scorers since Froese was the only one for most of the year.

His problem has been consistency.

29 games - 0 pts
21 games - 30 pts

I think the whole team has been inconsistent really

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think the whole team has been inconsistent really

Offensively perhaps but when you don't have many scorers it's hard to say they are inconsistent. For the most part all season long the defense has been very good, they usually do a good job limiting shots. The goaltending has been solid, it's the offense that struggles most of the time. So many games they can't score more then 2 goals.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Offensively perhaps but when you don't have many scorers it's hard to say they are inconsistent. For the most part all season long the defense has been very good, they usually do a good job limiting shots. The goaltending has been solid, it's the offense that struggles most of the time. So many games they can't score more then 2 goals.

How has Evans been at taking key draws?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
pretty good I'd say, although I don't know where to find AHL stats on FO's. He was always at the very top of the NCAA, which with 60 teams is 120 centers give or take.

Yeah I know he was good in college. Does he take the key draws for Laval or does someone else? I recall McCarron was taking them for a while when he was healthy. If he can win draws it will be incredibly helpful... but most young players have a hard time even when they were great in the lower ranks.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah I know he was good in college. Does he take the key draws for Laval or does someone else? I recall McCarron was taking them for a while when he was healthy. If he can win draws it will be incredibly helpful... but most young players have a hard time even when they were great in the lower ranks.

I'd have to think about that, I can't say I recall him putting Evans out just for key draws but I'm not a huge believer in FO's in that you really need good FO guys so I don't think I've paid it that much attention. I'll look closer tonight.

Reactions: WinterLion

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Cale Fleury makes it 1-0 for Laval on the PP. Assist to Chaput.

They're facing Manitoba Moose.

5 goals so far for Fleury on the year. Not bad at all very respectable for a rookie D who doesn't have the biggest expectations on him. I think at the very least he can make our bottom pairing better and maybe even 2nd unit PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad