2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Laval has no players...some good prospects but no AHL Vets that can make a difference.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DzfO1ArX0AAp9xy.jpg

Great first period by Laval. In fact, they played like they have all year. Heavy fore check with speed and causing havoc for the opposing defense and goalie. They got away from that the last little while. So it's fun to see them play that way again. And with some key assets missing, it's good to see them still have that in them.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With the assist, Audette hits a career high in assists with 21. He also matches his points production from last season (29) in 10 less games played. He is one point away from matching his career high of 30.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't see last game but tonight they at least look to be back to their former self although they will need some kind of run to even sniff the playoffs but don't think they have the horses to do so. That said I just want to see him play well especially Fleury and Evans.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I didn't see last game but tonight they at least look to be back to their former self although they will need some kind of run to even sniff the playoffs but don't think they have the horses to do so. That said I just want to see him play well especially Fleury and Evans.

They really dug themselves in a hole by losing four straight to Toronto and Belleville. It will be a tough one to dig out of.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They really dug themselves in a hole by losing four straight to Toronto and Belleville. It will be a tough one to dig out of.

25 games after tonight, they need to find a way to get the offense going and not sure how they do that. Clearly Chaput will help but he just replaces the loss of Froese. They need to win tonight and tomorrow night in regulation to gain some ground on the Devils and then they have the Sens next who have played them tough and then a really tough game vs one of the best teams in the Crunch. After that they have 2 vs a bottom Moose team which are must wins and then 2 vs the Monsters which clearly are huge games followed by 2 more vs Marlies who they played really well against but couldn't score for their life.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bad penalty by Belzile, who gets called for tripping in the offensive zone while on the PP. Some 4-on-4 before Devils go on the PP.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Alain makes it 1-0!

Assists to Ouellet and Audette.

Audette picks the puck up from behind the net, passes it back to Ouellet who one-times it. Alain picks up the rebound in front of the net.

Grenier makes it 2-0!

Chaput intercepts an attempted pass by the goalie from behind. Then the Devils' defenseman pushes the puck forward and to Grenier's stick who makes it count.

For now it's unassisted. But we'll see if they end up giving one to Chaput.
Go Laval!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval wins it 4-3 as Audette scored on the open net and the Devils scored to get within 1 with 20 seconds left during a mad scramble. Not a pretty win but a regulation win non the less. Vejdemo missed on a breakaway that would have put away the game sooner, Fleury had a big hit in his own end, thought he played a solid game.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jevpalovs makes it 1-0!

A highlight reel goal. Kid's got skills for sure.

Edit: Adams-Moisan gets the goal as he tipped the Jevpalovs shot. Still a highlight reel move by Jevpalovs. He and Vejdemo with the assists.

This is Adams-Moisan's first career goal in the AHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I have half my attention on the Laval game as I'm also watching Habs. But from what I saw, Laval off to another great start.

Binghamton had no shots on goal in the first despite having two PP opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad