2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not sure what Chaput was doing there on the game tying goal there. McNiven's been pretty good though, really need to find a way to get the 2 pts badly.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And not long after, Belzile makes it 4-2 on a breakawa goal!

Great job by Chaput who was aggressive on the Devils' defenseman who was exiting his zone. Strips him of the puck and Belzile picks up the loose puck and makes it count.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
who got hit from the Alzner shot, I think it was Vejdemo in the foot when he jumped. I'm a little behind on the play flipping back and forth on the Northeastern game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Second game in a row where Audette gets an empty-net goal. 5-2 Laval in the with 42 seconds left in the game.

And both goals kind of similar as he shot it just outside the Laval blue line along the boards.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I feel much better knowing the AHL team scored some goals and won.

Laval has played pretty well for most of the year but just doesn't have the offense as they have almost no goal scorers. They were on a major roll but without the firepower and then losing one of their better players in McCarron they went into a slump. What really sucks is that home and home vs the Marlies, who they needed to beat since that's who we are trying to steal the final playoff spot from, they really played well against them especially the 1st game but couldn't score even 1 goal.

To make matters worse, Lindgren hasn't been as good since returning from injury, he was great in the 1st game vs the Marlies but he just seems to be letting in a few more goals then usual although I haven't actually checked the stats just going by watching every game except one or two.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Laval has played pretty well for most of the year but just doesn't have the offense as they have almost no goal scorers. They were on a major roll but without the firepower and then losing one of their better players in McCarron they went into a slump. What really sucks is that home and home vs the Marlies, who they needed to beat since that's who we are trying to steal the final playoff spot from, they really played well against them especially the 1st game but couldn't score even 1 goal.

To make matters worse, Lindgren hasn't been as good since returning from injury, he was great in the 1st game vs the Marlies but he just seems to be letting in a few more goals then usual although I haven't actually checked the stats just going by watching every game except one or two.
It's one of those weird scenarios where I think he would play better in the NHL. The game is tighter defensively, overall a better defensive core in front of him with less mental blocks and breakdowns.

Here are his stats since coming back from injury.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's one of those weird scenarios where I think he would play better in the NHL. The game is tighter defensively, overall a better defensive core in front of him with less mental blocks and breakdowns.

Here are his stats since coming back from injury.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

the D has been pretty good, it could be he's still impacted by the injury, or needs to shake off the rust, find his grove. I don't know since goalies are not my thing as it's the only position I never played so it's much harder to get a read on them. Either way if we have any hope of getting close to the playoffs he'll need to be at the top of his game.

Reactions: canadiensnation

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
god why can't Vejdemo put it together

I really wanted to see him stay one more year in the SHL to see if he could build off his breakout year last season. But he's never been able to put it all together, it's a shame cause he has a lot of the tools you want in a player but he just disappears for too long and in the end just isn't skilled enough imo. He's only 5 months younger then Lehkonen, the good thing for him is he has the size, skating, speed and defensive game to be a 4th liner filler at some point.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Chaput scored a nice one but Lindgren lets in a softie late in the 1st so i turned it off and then they scored again so Laval losing 2-1 in the 2nd.

Some nice hits from Sklenicka and Lernout.

The 4th line gets one, Verbeek with his 1st AHL goal! tied 2-2 in the 2nd

Chaput scores SH, nice forecheck from Belzile. 3-2 Laval late in the 2nd.

Lindgren makes a huge save on the PK to rob the the Sens forward all alone in the slot.

With the goalie pulled sens tie it 3-3.

Laval had the winning goal in OT but it was called off. Sens go on to win. That one stings as Laval played a really good game especially after 3 in 4 days and this one being in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anathema

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As if anyone didn't already know, Weise was assigned to Laval. And according to Raphael Doucet, he will actually play for Laval tomorrow against Syracuse.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
lav17_200-150x150.png
syr14_200-150x150.png

Dz3ZtGpX0AAgqT-.jpg

According to Doucet, Weise will be on the right of Evans and Audette.

This surely means Belzile will be on the second line with Chaput and Grenier.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If only Agostino cleared waivers. They'd actually have a chance.

yea that sucked, reminds me of when we lost Beauchemin to waivers to the Ducks who's AHL team was the Crunch who were our rival and we were coming off a 41 win season.

Still pissed about that no goal call in OT from last game though, would have been huge to get the 2 pts and 6 of 6 all on the road where we have struggled. oh well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
yea that sucked, reminds me of when we lost Beauchemin to waivers to the Ducks who's AHL team was the Crunch who were our rival and we were coming off a 41 win season.

Still pissed about that no goal call in OT from last game though, would have been huge to get the 2 pts and 6 of 6 all on the road where we have struggled. oh well.

I missed the game because it was midday on a weekday for a Holiday not celebrated in Quebec. But I was on my way home from work (and picking up my daughter from school) and was listening to the game in the car. I jumped when they said Vejdemo scored. Then they said it was waved off. But they also said that it was the wrong decision and they took a goal away from Laval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->