2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DzUpSqmXgAAX1wz.jpg

Bouchard uniting three former Armada players on the same line with Jevpalovs - Roy - Alain.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sorry I haven't commented much on the game as I'm back and forth with it.

But right now in the second period, Laval is looking better and have been buzzing. Now they head on the PP.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You know your forward depth has become shallow when Kile, Pezzetta, Jevpalovs, and Vejdemo are your players.

And as I type that, Laval scores on the PP to make it 3-1.

Pezzetta redirects a Cale Fleury shot. Jevpalovs with the other assist.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Right now, the players under contract next year that either will or possibly play for Laval next year:

Goalies
Lindgren
McNiven (ELC)

Defensemen
Fleury (ELC)
Juulsen (ELC)
Sklenicka (ELC)
Alzner
Brook (ELC)
Lamarche (AHL deal)

Forwards
Evans (ELC)
Vejdemo (ELC)
Verbeek (ELC)
Alain (ELC)
Pezzetta (ELC)
Waked (ELC)
Suzuki (ELC)
Teasdale (ELC)
Chaput

While this year is a wash for sure, I think we'll see a lot of improvement next season. It will be Bouchard's 2nd year and all the playing time some of our depth guys have received because of injuries/call-ups will pay off in their development. Sure they lose all the time but that's a good way to learn. From what I can see from your post our D will definitely be good (on paper at least) and in net I trust one of Lindgren or McNiven to be starter-material (AHL).

The problem is obviously scoring goals. Bergevin needs to find 2 Agostinos to assign down to Laval and with Chaput that would give us 3 quality veterans that can play on a 1st line in the AHL and produce.

Then I trust Suzuki/Poehling will also get some time in Laval and should be able to play top-6. Evans, Vejdemo and Belzile are also top-6 material.

The Armada bunch (Alain, Jevpalovs, Teasdale, etc) I don't hold much up for although I like Teasdale. But for next season I believe he will be more of a 4th liner.

Verbeek/Pezzetta should be decent 3rd liners next year.

With all that getting one of Ikonen or Ylonen would put our scoring over the top for sure.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Well if thy don't lose so many to waivers next year would be a big help.That was detrimental for them this year.They lost quality AHL players,not to be confused with NHL caliber ones.It's rather obvious that there is a huge difference between AHL and NHL. Great offensive output in the A does not guarantee similar achievements later on,neither does playing in the CHL,of course exceptions are abound,but few and far between.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Get rid of Lindgren this off season.

Or before hand if possible.

Well, he won't be in Laval next season. I expect him to be Price's backup or get claimed by another team. I expect McNiven to be Laval's starter with Lacouvee as backup and Marcoux+Harvey in the ECHL.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Well, he won't be in Laval next season. I expect him to be Price's backup or get claimed by another team. I expect McNiven to be Laval's starter with Lacouvee as backup and Marcoux+Harvey in the ECHL.

I expect him to be back in Laval next year, the Habs will definitely sign either Niemi or another experienced goalie this summer, there is no way the Habs would want to have a Lindgren/McNiven tandem if Price got hurt.
Unless of course Lindgren stands on his head during pre-season and the vet goalie stinks it up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't see Niemi back and I expect Lindgren to be Price's backup but we'll see how he finishes the year as he hasn't been that good since returning from injury other then 1 game and I didn't see yesterdays game.

I could see them signing Harvey or if not someone from the NCAA. Not sure Marcoux or even LaCouvee will be back since they are just on AHL deals but we'll see as they should have a 5th goalie for depth.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
We have the cap space, I would sign a proven backup over Lindgren, I doubt Lindgren gets claimed anyway, he is nothing special.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
lav17_200-150x150.png
bng17_200-150x150.png

DzdrnFRXcAApiq6.jpg

Chaput will play tonight. According to Chaput, he will center Alex Kile and Alexandre Grenier. Meanwhile the Audette-Evans-Belzile line stays in tact. Lindgren will get the start.

Also according to Doucet and the morning skate, Plant, Culkin, Roy, and Martineau will be the healthy scratches.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
I don't see Niemi back and I expect Lindgren to be Price's backup but we'll see how he finishes the year as he hasn't been that good since returning from injury other then 1 game and I didn't see yesterdays game.

I could see them signing Harvey or if not someone from the NCAA. Not sure Marcoux or even LaCouvee will be back since they are just on AHL deals but we'll see as they should have a 5th goalie for depth.

So you have no problem with a Lindgren/McNiven tandem if Price got hurt?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Alain makes it 1-0!

Assists to Ouellet and Audette.

Audette picks the puck up from behind the net, passes it back to Ouellet who one-times it. Alain picks up the rebound in front of the net.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Grenier makes it 2-0!

Chaput intercepts an attempted pass by the goalie from behind. Then the Devils' defenseman pushes the puck forward and to Grenier's stick who makes it count.

For now it's unassisted. But we'll see if they end up giving one to Chaput.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad