Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Nice thanks for the input ! Much Appreciated . Anything else ? How did Kempe look ?

Kempe looks pretty good, very fast and on top of the puck. But similar to last year he still has some trouble getting knocked off the puck. I think a third line of Kempe-Iafallo-Lewis will be very very good

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
I was at the home game tonight. Kovalchuck was disappointing, couldnt cycle or hold the puck. Iafallo was a beast, created tons of chances, was defensively sound, and flew all night. He's looking like a gem.

AD was pretty good too.

To add on this, JAD is not ready. Looked like a kid out there and would easily get knocked off the puck.

Reactions: King Trouty

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Some pics from tonight's devastating loss.
1035799416_slide.jpg

1035799988_slide.jpg

1035800880_slide.jpg

1035812178_slide.jpg

1035812182_slide.jpg

1035813758_slide.jpg

1035813760_slide.jpg

1035813778_slide.jpg

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I can’t help but think that the fact that Iaffalo and Kempe have amazing speed and get to pucks and also retrieve pucks and dig it out Toffoli would be perfect on their line. Since he can’t keep up with the play while Kempe and Iaffalo dig out pucks and cycle Toffoli will have time to get to the right spot on the ice as a pure goal scorer to shoot . Lewis can’t bury pucks .

Etem was never given the opportunity and was derailed by injuries maybe give him a try out on the 2nd line with Pearson and Carter since he can keep up with their speed and might have some potential .

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Etem
Iaffalo-Kempe-Toffoli
Clifford-Amadio-Lewis

And our power play units can look like

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
Kovalchuk-Doughty

Iaffalo-Kempe-Toffoli
Pearson-Muzzin

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That was quite the Sam Pollock type of move from Sakic to get rid of a disgruntled UFA to be and potentially land the #1 pick.

Pollock did that when he suckered Oakland to trade their 1st round pick in ‘71. The Habs went on to select Guy Lafleur.

Oh and the Habs can also thank the Kings for the pick that turned out to be Larry Robinson in the same draft, for 39 games out of a 33-year-old Dick Duff. You could form a legendary team with all the draft picks the Kings gave up in the 70s and 80s.

The Sens were tied for 6th overall with Vegas and Winnipeg after their trip to Sweden. Then they lost 12 of their next 13. There was no reason to think Ottawa would end up having their worst season since 95-96. I'm guessing Ottawa figured the worst they'll do is 9th or 10th in the East, and they'll give Colorado the 15th pick last year or whatever, and nobody will remember it. Then chaos happened, and they're having to pick between the 4th and possibly 1st picks.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I can’t help but think that the fact that Iaffalo and Kempe have amazing speed and get to pucks and also retrieve pucks and dig it out Toffoli would be perfect on their line. Since he can’t keep up with the play while Kempe and Iaffalo dig out pucks and cycle Toffoli will have time to get to the right spot on the ice as a pure goal scorer to shoot . Lewis can’t bury pucks .

Etem was never given the opportunity and was derailed by injuries maybe give him a try out on the 2nd line with Pearson and Carter since he can keep up with their speed and might have some potential .

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Etem
Iaffalo-Kempe-Toffoli
Clifford-Amadio-Lewis

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
Kovalchuk-Doughty

Iaffalo-Kempe-Toffoli
Pearson-Muzzin

Not bad, and then you cycle brodzinski/etem and clifford/thompson/amadio depending in who is gelling.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Not much to take away from the game at Staples as far as prospects as nobody stood out except for Wagner’s speed a couple of times.

Kovy fought the puck a lot but Kopitar wasn’t great either. Brown was the best on that line but, still, it wasn’t 100% effort out there.

They are going to run the Kovy one timer on the PP into the ground.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Not much to take away from the game at Staples as far as prospects as nobody stood out except for Wagner’s speed a couple of times.

Kovy fought the puck a lot but Kopitar wasn’t great either. Brown was the best on that line but, still, it wasn’t 100% effort out there.

The Ovechkin model. One timer to the Russian over and over again.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I would not be surprised to see the Kings waive Budaj by the weekend (waivers period opens on Friday) to try and sneak him through early in camp like they did two years ago.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I would not be surprised to see the Kings waive Budaj by the weekend (waivers period opens on Friday) to try and sneak him through early in camp like they did two years ago.

I think he will pass through even though there will be worse goalies on NHL rosters. GMs know he wants to be in Ontario

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I think he will pass through even though there will be worse goalies on NHL rosters. GMs know he wants to be in Ontario

The timing though is hoping that other teams don't sustain goalie injuries during camp, for if they did, more likely they would grab Budaj as insurance. The earlier you get him through, less chance that happens.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Better than doing it with Doughty.

He's 36, makes $1m, and other than with the Kings/Reign, hasn't done anything decent in 4 or 5 years. What's there sneak through?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Etem
Iaffalo-Kempe-Toffoli
Clifford-Amadio-Lewis

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
Kovalchuk-Doughty

Iaffalo-Kempe-Toffoli
Pearson-Muzzin

I don't at all like the idea of Etem with Carter and Pearson, but I do really like the idea of Tffoli with Kempe and Iafallo. But not sure what else we could do on Carter's wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad