Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Eager what the people who were present have to say about him

On one hand, it's preseason to the extreme, so dont' read in too much--on another, for a guy who has been thru the ringer and is likely on his last chance and has put in immense work, it's good to see results, and makes it easy to root for him to 'come home' and play.

Reactions: King Trouty

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Sorry, but yes it is unreasonable. It's normal to be curious, but fans aren't paying money to get Vilardi's personal business.

Equating it to buying a car is not a valid comparison. It's more like asking why your favorite chef is not at the restaurant.
Not gonna argue with you on who's comparison is "more better" so let's use yours. You book a reservation at Chef Snooty McFartface's hot new restaurant, reservations 3 months in advance. You show up, and his menu has been replaced by Paco from the roach coach around the corner. Cool? I think not.

I'll say it again: Our dollars make their lives possible.

Not saying anyone should be getting GPS updates on the location of Kings' players 24x7, but transparency on player injuries should absolutely be a thing.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Scrimmage notes:

The fans, especially the Reign fans were grateful to see ALL the Kings players out their playing at CBBA. It was certainly a good thing for Blake, Stevens and company to do vs the old regime. So well done for that. Also, the players played really hard, it was more physical than expected (not slam people into the boards physical, more like high compete level physical). It got a little looser as the game went on. You really should never read to much into a team vs team game, but of the newcomers:

Etem: Played like someone competing for a job. His skating speed looks NHL ready again after not playing a lot the last two years due to a knee injury. You can tell he's been around as his positioning was good to be effective offensively. He'll get some exhibition games, then we'll go from there. Certainly can't hurt to have depth in the organization, especially if he is willing to battle his way back into the league and play in ONT. One step at a time.

Morrison: Played very aggressively and effectively on the forecheck. Excellent vision and puck possession. Made some nice passes, including setting up the first goal after a steal behind the net and nearly another one later in the game. Was rewarded with more ice time, including one of the few youngsters to get 3v3 time. His stock definitely rose in the scrimmage, and I think he may have earned himself an NHL exhibition game. Very noticeable on the ice, and he's got sick hands.

Brickley: He did make an ill advised backhand pass from behind the net that was picked off in his own end in tight to the net, but other than that, he looks to me like a big, smooth skating NHL Dman. He handles the puck well, good lateral movement, seems calm and collected, and you don't realize how big he is until you see defenders unable to reach the puck because he uses his frame to shield the puck from the opposition. He'll play in the NHL sooner rather than later. It will be interesting to see him in exhibition games to see where he is at overall.

The OTHERS: Thought Amadio had a very strong game, always on the puck, had a goal and was involved in the play consistently. MacDermid had some nice breakout passes to spring players for offensive opportunities.

Kopitar line: They are going to be good. Very good. Kovalchuk with a nice shot pass (not sure if intentional or partial whiff on the shot) that Kopi had a tap in for the goal. Kovalchuk also displayed some sick soft hands on the game winning shootout goal, and he played with NHL pace.

Carter line: Pretty quiet. Carts scared me when he took a tumble backwards early on (Kopi and Amadio too) during the early parts of the game. Toffoli had some good looks but Quick stymied him. Pearson was very quiet.

Kempe line: Saw some chemistry developing, I think they may stick together in camp (Iafallo and Lewis). All brought good pace and speed, Kempe scored a goal on a nice pass from Phaneuf.

Amadio line: With Brodzinski and Clifford I think. (see Amadio comments). They were effective.

JAD line: With Luff and Watson. Too bad these guys can't play together in the AHL this year.

Anyway, Campbell was the strongest in goal followed by Quick (who was not challenged as much). Soupy was very strong on several grade A chances.

Any questions, fire away. I will say it's very difficult to try and grade performance when you are attempting to watch 12 guys on the ice vs 6. And, well, it's just a scrimmage.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
We’ve seen the Kings sign a few tryouts out of training camp in the past with Trent Hunter, Devin Setoguchi, Peter Budaj, and Brooks Laich.

A two-way deal and someone to push borderline NHL/AHL tweeners wouldn’t hurt to sign. He could slot in a top six role for Ontario at worst, or a bottom six role in LA at best.
I'm pretty sure he led the Kings in scoring that pre-season. 2 weeks later he was in Ontario.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Not gonna argue with you on who's comparison is "more better" so let's use yours. You book a reservation at Chef Snooty McFartface's hot new restaurant, reservations 3 months in advance. You show up, and his menu has been replaced by Paco from the roach coach around the corner. Cool? I think not.

I'll say it again: Our dollars make their lives possible.

Not saying anyone should be getting GPS updates on the location of Kings' players 24x7, but transparency on player injuries should absolutely be a thing.

Sorry. I can't agree. In my example, the menu doesn't change. You have different chefs working with the same menu. You may like the food they bring out, or you may not.

The team is being transparent. They say the player is week-to-week. Manage your expectations of likely players available to the game accordingly.

Aside from getting into the personal business of another human being, why are fans owed more of an explanation? What more do you gain knowing if Vilardi has explosive bloody diarrhea or cancer? How will you plan going to the game 3 months in advance with this newfound personal knowledge?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Sorry. I can't agree. In my example, the menu doesn't change. You have different chefs working with the same menu. You may like the food they bring out, or you may not.

The team is being transparent. They say the player is week-to-week. Manage your expectations of likely players available to the game accordingly.

Aside from getting into the personal business of another human being, why are fans owed more of an explanation? What more do you gain knowing if Vilardi has explosive bloody diarrhea or cancer? How will you plan going to the game 3 months in advance with this newfound personal knowledge?

You'd know not to shake his hand if you knew he had the squirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad