Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Phaneuf is mobile?

This whole argument centers around comp’ing AMart to Fantenberg and LaDue.

Body types have nothing to do with playing style.

They don’t play similar styles at all. The two younger players and non-established, minus a few glimpses of LaDue’s scoring prowess.

Nothing, nothing like Martinez.

Am I in the twilight zone?
Yes when he broke into the league he was which is why you can compare Muzzin and Phaneuf and their playing styles. You're missing the point altogether.

Humor me then, if they're nothing like Martinez whom, on the Kings blue line, are they like?

Am I stuck in the twilight zone

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Yes when he broke into the league he was which is why you can compare Muzzin and Phaneuf and their playing styles. You're missing the point altogether.

Humor me then, if they're nothing like Martinez whom, on the Kings blue line, are they like?

Am I stuck in the twilight zone
Fantenberg, unknown for me. Need to see more.

LaDue, unknown for me, need to see more.

We’ve seen very little of these players.

If you scroll back a page or two, you’ll see my very specific takes on the players, Reaper, as per the op of this discussion.

But it’s just little ol’ me. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Here, I’ll put it another way,

If I was saying that LaDue is the next McBain and Fantenberg is the next Luke Schenn, well, it carries the same amount of validity, at this point in their careers, as naming them the next Martinez, or calling them redundant to Martinez.

It’s f***ing hogwash, either way. We just don’t know.

We shall see. And I am a huge fan of LaDue’s potential, still.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
zzzzzzzz

I hope he comes back....with the Kings.
In the minority again. Not surprising.

I know people have a lot an emotional attachment to a guy that sweated out 2 Stanley Cups with everybody. But blood was all over the living room, and "it wasn't the first time" according to the 911 call.

Fair enough.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
In the minority again. Not surprising.

I know people have a lot an emotional attachment to a guy that sweated out 2 Stanley Cups with everybody. But blood was all over the living room, and "it wasn't the first time" according to the 911 call.

Fair enough.

I don't pretend to know everything behind the scenes like some people here, I only know what is documented. He f-ed up, admitted to it, paid the price and the abuse was so bad that his wife his still with him. This is all I know, he's been out of the league since 2014...as a fan, I EXPECT that he's learned his lesson, and has made amends. I welcome him back.

The Butcher

Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I don't pretend to know everything behind the scenes like some people here, I only know what is documented. He f-ed up, admitted to it, paid the price and the abuse was so bad that his wife his still with him. This is all I know, he's been out of the league since 2014...as a fan, I EXPECT that he's learned his lesson, and has made amends. I welcome him back.
Like I said, I don't expect it to be a popular opinion.

You don't need to pretend to know, it was all documented. Unless you think the cops made stuff up.

Some things are forgivable, some ain't.

Fair enough.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Like I said, I don't expect it to be a popular opinion.

You don't need to pretend to know, it was all documented. Unless you think the cops made stuff up.

Some things are forgivable, some ain't.

Fair enough.

I happen to believe the cops are talking in English to a lady that doesn't fully understand the language and unless there was a interrupter and from all accounts there wasn't I think the cops testimony has a lot of holes in it. Lets not pretend Marta knew fully what she was being asked as stated later her first language is Russian not english and she didnt fully understand the questions asked.

Reactions: King Trouty

The Butcher

Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I'm not looking for a further argument on this. The information about what happened is readily available to anyone with a Google search. Listening to people rationalize the behavior is comical to me.

I'll pipe down. You won't hear another peep from me on the matter.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I'm not looking for a further argument on this. The information about what happened is readily available to anyone with a Google search. Listening to people rationalize the behavior is comical to me.

I am not rationalizing anything. You brought up cop word like it was gold I was just bringing up a fact that the cops were talking English to a person who isn't fluent in the language To me that is a very important thing that is going unsaid. There is holes in the case which is why he was aloud to plea down to a lesser charge. Where is that condoning what Slava did or didn't do It only is questioning what the cops testimony is good for.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

lol, do you even know what rationalize means? I’ve never tried to justify what the guy did....all I’ve ever said is that he f-ed up, made a big mistake and has paid a significant price for it. Dany Heatley killed a dude and never missed a game....Voynov has missed 4 seasons in the NHL, he’s done his time.

Listening to people go on about never giving the guy another chance is what is comical to me.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I am not rationalizing anything. You brought up cop word like it was gold I was just bringing up a fact that the cops were talking English to a person who isn't fluent in the language To me that is a very important thing that is going unsaid. There is holes in the case which is why he was aloud to plea down to a lesser charge. Where is that condoning what Slava did or didn't do It only is questioning what the cops testimony is good for.
My uncle was a cop and he never arrested anyone who didn't do it. :)

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
My uncle was a cop and he never arrested anyone who didn't do it. :)
Two totally different things I am not saying the cops did anything wrong except have someone there to translate to make sure she understood what she was being asked. Having to deal with legal question not in your first language is not right to me. Way to easy to get things lost in translation however your entitled to think however u please as always Mr half empty :)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There are a lot of really strong reasons for people to not agree with one another here.

Just agree to disagree and move on. It doesn't matter what a 'majority' opinion is here because most of them are logically supportable/defensible by the information we know and then molded even more by individual experience and emotion and perspective of morality.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The interview was recorded on the officer's digital voice recorder in the hospital.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Any chance Cammy and Dwight King sign there soon?
My guess is Cammy retires and Dwight King stays in the KHL. Though King did struggle his first year in the KHL; he was just too damn slow.

Frolov put up some decent seasons in the KHL, played for a few teams; though I think he'd rather play for a league with less spotlight now.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Quick update on our good friend Alexander Frolov; he now plays in South Korea for the Daemyung Killerwhales. :thumbu:
I was unaware this league existed. This is the first I've ever heard of the ALIH (Asia League Ice Hockey). I wonder how much he's getting paid.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I was unaware this league existed. This is the first I've ever heard of the ALIH (Asia League Ice Hockey). I wonder how much he's getting paid.
NHL and quite a few teams (including our own/we all remember our trip their last preseason) have been pushing hard for Asia action/saturation.

Same for me, re:hearing of this league, but it isn’t surprising.

Wonder if they get paid in yen? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad