Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I wish I was a Kings fan back then; started watching LA in 2006 so I totally missed Pallfy, Deadmarsh, etc.
Don’t trip bro, I was a diehard Kings fan from 1995-2002, then married and shutoff from 2002-2013. I got to watch two games of the SC 2012 run.

She’s my ex now, and my son and I go to several games a year and I get to watch 70+ games a year

I got two seasons of Pallfy, one of Deader. Sad. Right there with ya, just for different reasons

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
That was a great clip thanks.

That clip of Drew casually disarming Tavares (3:25) and JT stealing his stick in frustration needs to be played on loop so people realize what they're dealing with :laugh:

Also didn't realize Drew was Quick's kid's godfather, that's awesome. Drew's wedding party is gonna be a hoot.
He’s gorgeous. I would merry Drew, legit. No homo

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
You picked the right time to become a fan, when the team was loaded with stars like Brian Willsie, Tom Kostopoulos, Jamie Lundmark, and the five-headed monster in net: Cloutier, Garon, Burke, Brust, Fukufuji.
I became a Kings fan in some of Frolov's best years; probably why he became my favorite All-Time King.

But yeah many times in the 2006-08 season's I'd have to just turn off my TV in disappointment.

Reactions: Sol

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Today, we celebrate this historic transaction in Kings history. I know Herby was a huge fan of this move.

Ha, not sure if I shared it it on this board, but I saw him two summers ago at a wedding.

He was one of those guys who just took up space, he added nothing to an NHL roster. Crazy to think he somehow lit it up at Minnesota as a freshman and was a top 10 pick. Literally never came close to showing that kind of scoring touch again.

You picked the right time to become a fan, when the team was loaded with stars like Brian Willsie, Tom Kostopoulos, Jamie Lundmark, and the five-headed monster in net: Cloutier, Garon, Burke, Brust, Fukufuji.

LOL, Kostopoulos was Andreoff before Andreoff. Remember when we signed him people were hyping up this energy guy with toughness and a scoring touch. Ya right, it became pretty obvious why Pittsburgh didn't even qualify him.

And good old Mathieu Garon. I've been watching Kings hockey for a long time (just like you), I don't think I've ever seen a more mentally fragile goaltender in my life. All the skill to be an elite goaltender except between the ears.

Last edited:
Reactions: King Trouty

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Even though you did miss some brutal times. Watching Palffy was such a treat.

Lastly, the Ottawa game made me hate them for such a long time.
Pallfy, Allison, Deadmarsh was such an amazing line. It is too bad they were so injured. I forget what year's it was but I remember one year LA setting the man games lost to injury record and then breaking it the next season. Two very frustrating years as those teams had decent potential.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Don’t trip bro, I was a diehard Kings fan from 1995-2002, then married and shutoff from 2002-2013. I got to watch two games of the SC 2012 run.

She’s my ex now, and my son and I go to several games a year and I get to watch 70+ games a year

I got two seasons of Pallfy, one of Deader. Sad. Right there with ya, just for different reasons

I can see why she's your ex. Sucks to have missed those years even if alot of them were not the best. f*** YOU JR!!!

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I think King gets a PTO from someone. I could see Carolina thinking he could add some toughness to their lineup.

giphy.gif

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
To me, it seemed like Kostopoulos was brought in to be Ian Laperriere’s successor, and that Andreoff was more of a useless plug in the same vein as Petr Kanko. One of the most overhyped prospects during that sad and pitiful era.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
One thing about Garon, he was one of the most flexible goalies the Kings have ever had.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
And everyone beat him up high. At least he was better than Cloutier, or LaBarbera.

Which isn't saying much. Garon was just guessing with his glove hand. It was so painful to watch.

I also wonder if Jim Fox moaned more when Garon did the splits or Potvin.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
And everyone beat him up high. At least he was better than Cloutier, or LaBarbera.

I thought LaBarbera was going to be better than he was. When he won the MVP in the AHL during the lockout year as a goalie I thought he was going to be really good in the NHL. He had a good run as a back up but man was I wrong.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

Long live Erik Ersberg

hoooooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

crazy how these things gets buried in your brain but you still remember them

i remember laughing so f***in hard when i saw that for the first time

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I been a Kings fan since 94 we have home videos of my dad and uncle yelling at the TV and players lol and me being 4 years old in Kings gear just watching . But I started to understand more in 97 that was also first year I bought NHL 97 on ps1 or 2. My favorite years was 2000-2003 LAPD line I really thought we would win a Cup with them . God dam injuries . Now my favorite years are 2012-2014 let’s start another 3-4 year window of great years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad