Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Crass-

You can buy that last year's team was good or that it was buoyed by performances that were unlikely to be repeated.

While the percentages can be low either way RE: retool/rebuild, it is pretty much universally accepted that you have a better chance at an impact player the higher you draft.

Blake has signed college free agents. It's nice that he is doing that with Iafallo being a nice freebie. In regards to the actual NHL lineup, Iafallo is the only one to make an impact. For all intents and purposes, it is the same dudes except for Iafallo and then natural progression from guys drafted under DL. Kovalchuk is his big acquisition and it does not impact a "retool" but it definitely impacts a rebuild by possibly making the team better for a worse draft pick. Since I don't think they are retooling, Kovalchuk doesn't hurt a retool since he can't hurt something that isn't occuring. Blake and Co. are simply running the Cup guys out there while trying to add to it instead of retooling: retooling would mean upgrading old tools for some new ones as opposed to adding some small tools and a heavily used tool to the toolbox while still almost-exclusively using the same tools you've been using for years with no results. Also, cap space is an asset. Powder could have been kept dry to make a trade for Nylander and then you'd have the cap space along with whatever went out the other way to sign a young, proven asset that could help much more than Kovalchuk. Now they are jammed up even more than before.

Blake is presiding over the worst start since the Kings were outright tanking. That team was not sold as a contender while this team has been. Why should the core "be rewarded" after winning one playoff game in four seasons? They just got rewarded for a shit season by getting Sutter fired the year before. As for "betraying", this is a business and these guys get paid handsomely with guaranteed contracts. Gretzky was traded twice so anyone can go.

While it is true you just have to get in to have a chance, let's be honest about the long term outlook of this franchise. That said, I'm cheering for them to win and make the playoffs since it is obvious they aren't interested in a rebuild. This start puts them on a collision course for the black hole, however. That's where Dave Taylor lived for his entire tenure, pretty much.

I believe Blake has Luc (AEG) in his ear whereas Lombardi had autonomy. We've seen what happens when AEG is too involved in the NHL roster. Blake can draft and sign UDFAs however he pleases but AEG is back to having too much of a say with NHL squad. Why should I care if the bandwagon fans start to leave? They've been making money hand-over-fist for years now and I guarantee they've gained some life long fans since the 2012 run. They would be fine except they would rather try to milk this for as long as possible.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Mike Yeo the first coach fired.

Stevens still has a job.

Edit: was it a fake tweet? The thread is now gone

Last edited:
Reactions: Kylo Ren

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Mike Yeo the first coach fired.

Stevens still has a job.

You're kidding me right?

Edit: nope. You're not kidding me. f*** this. f*** everything.

Now the Blues were proactive and will get their choice of coach while we get the 2nd or 3rd reject if we're lucky enough to do it soon.

Totally unacceptable. Maybe I shouldn't judge THIS org by what others are doing, but at least STL recognized they shouldn't be struggling that way and did something about it.

Reactions: tonellisghost

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
You're kidding me right?

Edit: nope. You're not kidding me. **** this. **** everything.

Now the Blues were proactive and will get their choice of coach while we get the 2nd or 3rd reject if we're lucky enough to do it soon.

Totally unacceptable. Maybe I shouldn't judge THIS org by what others are doing, but at least STL recognized they shouldn't be struggling that way and did something about it.

I don't follow you...Stevens is a good coach. A really good coach...

(you know he has been doing those Roger Neilson coaching clinics for 20 plus years, right?)
Stevens holds coaching summit; Brown, Lewis updates; Vilardi + dev camp - LA Kings Insider

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
You're kidding me right?

Where has Yeo been fired?

Jun 30, 2006
I’d bring in Mike Keenan. If they thought Sutter was demanding...

upload_2018-10-25_21-35-43.gif

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
neeeever mind! Got fake accounted by several counts. Carry on :laugh:

Ha! Was it the BlobMcKenzie Twitter account? Love that fake account. Not sure if it's still active. It got some people on trade deadline day a few years ago.
Blob tweeted a few deals and had serious buzz going. Was hilarious.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Different game these days, you can't sit in front of the net and just CRANK on guys like Regehr and Greene used to be able to, Forbort uses his size in front of the net to box out, and he does that efficiently.

Forbort does contribute, but I agree, he's better suited in a bottom 3 role, he's a tweener between 4-5, it all depends on who is partner is etc. But calling Forbort a slacker is to completely use his draft position against him and misunderstand what he does do out there...

In what world is Forbort anywhere close to a #4 defenseman? He was just a healthy scratch tonight for the 2nd worst team in the NHL. There is no way he is sniffing anyone in the leagues 2nd pairing.

Reactions: BigKing and KINGS17

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
In what world is Forbort anywhere close to a #4 defenseman? He was just a healthy scratch tonight for the 2nd worst team in the NHL. There is no way he is sniffing anyone in the leagues 2nd pairing.

You're forgetting about all of the playoff games the Kings have won with Forbort in the top four.

Reactions: KINGS17

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
What decent coaches are available? preferably an angry ****er.
i don't know if emotion will get these players out of this funk

if you bring in a firebreather, i think they just shut down because they've seen it before with daryl

we've gone through the angry old man, the meek old man, maybe you need the loose young guy who tells em to go get it or a pure tactician

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
i don't know if emotion will get these players out of this funk

if you bring in a firebreather, i think they just shut down because they've seen it before with daryl

we've gone through the angry old man, the meek old man, maybe you need the loose young guy who tells em to go get it or a pure tactician

If they don't respond to a fire breather and play with some intensity, f***em, trade a few of them.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Apparently you haven't seen many teams #4th D, and yes, he was a health scratch, I guess if you want to judge his career by ONE game....go for it....

He'd compete for # 4 in Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Colorado, Detroit, Montreal, NJ, NYR, Ottawa, Vancouver, Vegas....

Besides the point that you really didn't read what I said, I said hes better suited for #5-6, is a tweener 4-5, depending on who is partner is...but again..I guess the Minnesota loss was on Forbort as well right?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
man Blues, Panthers, Flyers, and Blue Jackets would make great trade partners for a blockbuster, so much opportunity given that your GM is creative!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Since 16-17, the Kings are 30th in 1st period GF with 103. 7 goals behind Vancouver for 29th. Only ahead of Vegas, who have played 83 fewer games. Tied with the Rangers for 27th(or 26th if you take Vegas out) in 1st period GA, at 155. Pittsburgh has given up 153 1st period goals, but have also scored 153. That -52 1st period goal differential is the worst in the league. Next is Vancouver at -49. Colorado and Buffalo at -31, Detroit at -30. Philly -24. NYI -22.

The Kings have a +50 goal differential in the 3rd period in the same time, which is one of the best in the league.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You're kidding me right?

Pretty funny that you think the next coach is going to come from outside the organization.

Reactions: Herby

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
So is Blake gonna wait for Vilardi/Brown until he moves someone?

Does he believe we suck because we don't have them in the line-up? What's the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille