Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
The maximum fine for an NHL player is $4300?

Haha, just comical. Why even bother. Average NHL salary is close to $4m.

No wonder there are so many questionable hits.
How much money does a Player forfeit when fined?

Players may be fined up to 50% of one day's average salary without exceeding $10,000 for the first fine and $15,000 for any subsequent fines within a 12 month calendar period.

Department of Player Safety FAQs

Suspensions on the other hand result in forfeiting your entire game salary so quite a bit more than $10,000 for most players.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
Gut the team? Fire Stevens first? You have to know your talent before you change systems with a new coach. But let’s say we hire Tippet. We’d likely have to keep Kopi, Carter, Kovi, Doughty and probably Brown. Trade one of Muzzin or Amart, then TT, Pearson, Lewis, and maybe Kempe for prospects and picks. Go after Skinner and/or Panarin in the off season. If you can get something for Dion P do it. Damn the PR and resign Voynov. That’s enough talent to know what kind of system you need. Close to the cap yes. But it’s that or a total rebuild.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Gut the team? Fire Stevens first? You have to know your talent before you change systems with a new coach. But let’s say we hire Tippet. We’d likely have to keep Kopi, Carter, Kovi, Doughty and probably Brown. Trade one of Muzzin or Amart, then TT, Pearson, Lewis, and maybe Kempe for prospects and picks. Go after Skinner and/or Panarin in the off season. If you can get something for Dion P do it. Damn the PR and resign Voynov. That’s enough talent to know what kind of system you need. Close to the cap yes. But it’s that or a total rebuild.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Which is why every single Kings player should be considered available, even DD.

Yes, but for what purpose? Blake & Co are sure to make trades at some point but will it be to make the current roster "better" or to acquire picks and prospects for a rebuild? Maybe a bit of both but I would argue that most of the trades will be for the former. I have no doubt that their goal is still to make the playoffs this year.

Reactions: David Lunch

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The maximum fine for an NHL player is $4300?

Haha, just comical. Why even bother. Average NHL salary is close to $4m.

No wonder there are so many questionable hits.

$4000000/365 = $10958.90/per day

So if you do anything that causes you to lose half a day's pay, you'll think twice.

With Clifford's salary of 1.6 million, that's $4383.56/day.

So Clifford effectively made $83.56 for playing an NHL game yesterday.

Jun 30, 2006
So a fake Twitter account doesn't approve? I don't approve either, but it obviously a fake account.
Obviously fake, Dean wouldn’t type that out in two sentences. It would be at least 3 pages of material followed how it correlates with the book war and peace.

Still, I find it funny that someone is trolling Luc.

Reactions: KINGS17

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

So if you do anything that causes you to lose half a day's pay, you'll think twice.

I actually wonder if that's part of the logic behind the fine system--in other words, if you're going to fine them more, might as well suspend them, playing 3 games for 1 game's pay would be strange and I'm sure there's some legal mumbo jumbo there. huh.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Yeah, it's as simple as going out and making it happen. You can't trade with yourself, so to make something happen you need someone else willing to do something too, but just go make it happen. The wants or needs of other GM's don't matter. The cap situations of other teams, this year and in the future, don't matter. Just go make something happen. Makes total sense. Complete and total sense.

I agree you need someone for a trade.
But the last time i checked 30 Teams didn't win the cup so there is space for improvement.
Just because there is an obstacle doesn't mean you just stand there because nobody else is removing it for you.
Find a way to overcome it.

We also have the option to go with your approach.
Kovalchuk can't score because the opponent goalie doesn't want a goal against.
Kopitar can't pass because the opponent defenders don't want him to
Doughty can't defend because the opponent attackers want to score goals.

So why don't we call it a year and watch synchronized swimming. We don't have opposition there.

Reactions: riznat and KINGS17

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego

Looks like it's closer to 180ish days. Clifford salary would be about ~$8888/day - 9.5% escrow - United States and Canadian Federal, States of Arizona, North Carolina, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, Pennsylvania taxes - $4300 = ??............probably $83.56.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/thn-how-nhl-players-get-paid-and-their-taxes.440122/

Reactions: King'sPawn

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Looks like it's closer to 180ish days. Clifford salary would be about ~$8888/day - 9.5% escrow - United States and Canadian Federal, States of Arizona, North Carolina, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, Pennsylvania taxes - $4300 = ??............probably $83.56.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/thn-how-nhl-players-get-paid-and-their-taxes.440122/

I'm really annoyed that I'm more interested by this math than the on-ice product.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I agree you need someone for a trade.
But the last time i checked 30 Teams didn't win the cup so there is space for improvement.
Just because there is an obstacle doesn't mean you just stand there because nobody else is removing it for you.
Find a way to overcome it.

We also have the option to go with your approach.
Kovalchuk can't score because the opponent goalie doesn't want a goal against.
Kopitar can't pass because the opponent defenders don't want him to
Doughty can't defend because the opponent attackers want to score goals.

So why don't we call it a year and watch synchronized swimming. We don't have opposition there.

I don't know what that means. You can't remove the obstacle. The cap is there, and you have to work around it. Can't nudge it, can't crack it, can't drill a hole in it. Go look at the list of October trades over the last however many years. You're not going to find many team altering trades. Not many shake up a team trades either. The last one would've been Vanek to the Islanders 5 years ago, and both Vanek and Moulson were UFA's at the end of that year.

I'm not arguing for a specific approach. Trade anyone and everyone from this soft team as you can if you want. I'm just going by the big picture history. The moves that people want done, are generally, if not almost absolutely, not done at this time of year. No matter how much a team is struggling. Not under the cap anyway, and less frequently every year under the cap. Sure, just because there's an obstacle doesn't mean you stand around and do nothing because nobody else is removing it for you. A great philosophy on life. However, the NHL world also doesn't revolve around the Kings. Their struggle isn't anything special. You may want to see them force a trade, but just because you want that doesn't mean it can happen.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
ELLIOTTE FRIEDMAN

31 Thoughts: Goalies at odds with NHL, each other over new equipment - Sportsnet.ca

18. Los Angeles GM Rob Blake didn’t wish to expand on his visit to the dressing room after last Saturday’s home loss to Buffalo, but he made it clear to the players he considered the team’s poor start on them as much as the coaches. Blake’s been around long enough to recognize that when you’re treading water, other GMs throw you anvils, not life preservers. He knows he’s not dealing from a position of strength, has investigated the market and isn’t thrilled with what he sees. Going into the room this early in the season is very unusual.

Reactions: lumbergh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->