Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So is Blake gonna wait for Vilardi/Brown until he moves someone?

Does he believe we suck because we don't have them in the line-up? What's the deal.

The Kings are not the only team struggling, and what trades have been made around the league? Who is Blake supposed to trade with? Nobody has done anything. From the day the season started, we have Will Bitten, Gustav Olofsson, Mitch Hults, and future considerations as the only things that have been traded.

One year ago today, when last season was a few weeks old, the trades made included Kyle Baun, Andreas Martinsen, Nic Deslauriers, Zach Redmond, Calvin Pickard, Tobias Lindberg, Dustin Tokarski, more future considerations, Riley Sheahan, Scott Wilson, Ryan Sproul, and Matt Puempel.

Blake cannot trade with himself.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The Kings are not the only team struggling, and what trades have been made around the league? Who is Blake supposed to trade with? Nobody has done anything. From the day the season started, we have Will Bitten, Gustav Olofsson, Mitch Hults, and future considerations as the only things that have been traded.

One year ago today, when last season was a few weeks old, the trades made included Kyle Baun, Andreas Martinsen, Nic Deslauriers, Zach Redmond, Calvin Pickard, Tobias Lindberg, Dustin Tokarski, more future considerations, Riley Sheahan, Scott Wilson, Ryan Sproul, and Matt Puempel.

Blake cannot trade with himself.

May i ask what do we need a GM for, having this attitude ?
We can apply this even to coaching or the players.....
The Kings are not the only one with good players. It's not in the coaches hand to win games.

Shouldn't we look at it from a different point of view?
Something like, we have a gap here or we need more to go into that directions.
It's the GM's job to make it happen.
If the answer is "He can't" well the Hod Dog salesman from section 319 is a way cheaper option to get nothing done.
Let's go with him, especially when the GM is a former player who screwed the organization royally.

Reactions: Maynard

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The Kings are not the only one with good players. It's not in the coaches hand to win games.

If the answer is "He can't" well the Hod Dog salesman from section 319 is a way cheaper option to get nothing done.
Let's go with him, especially when the GM is a former player who screwed the organization royally.

You tell ‘em, Kurri. :laugh:

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
So is Blake gonna wait for Vilardi/Brown until he moves someone?

Does he believe we suck because we don't have them in the line-up? What's the deal.
Yea, that doesn't really make any sense because every team deals with injuries. Not every team has been flat out terrible with only one top 6 winger and a top prospect out injured. It just sounds like he's making excuses for the players/coaches.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Since 16-17, the Kings are 30th in 1st period GF with 103. 7 goals behind Vancouver for 29th. Only ahead of Vegas, who have played 83 fewer games. Tied with the Rangers for 27th(or 26th if you take Vegas out) in 1st period GA, at 155. Pittsburgh has given up 153 1st period goals, but have also scored 153. That -52 1st period goal differential is the worst in the league. Next is Vancouver at -49. Colorado and Buffalo at -31, Detroit at -30. Philly -24. NYI -22.

The Kings have a +50 goal differential in the 3rd period in the same time, which is one of the best in the league.

They are better on offense once the other team lets up a bit.

Tops in the league last year in 6-on-5 goals. Toss another log on to the unsustainable fire.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Yeah, it's as simple as going out and making it happen. You can't trade with yourself, so to make something happen you need someone else willing to do something too, but just go make it happen. The wants or needs of other GM's don't matter. The cap situations of other teams, this year and in the future, don't matter. Just go make something happen. Makes total sense. Complete and total sense.

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
The first order of business should be to hire a special assistant to the 2 owners who answers directly to ownership. That person should be tasked with evaluating all facets of the club. Too many in AEG are far more concerned about foot traffic in LA Live and corporate events on game nights than correcting the hockey team.

This especially means you Dan, get over it and until the Kings get better, restaurants on game nights will continue to see lesser walk-ins and reservations. And you will have to continue to list party suites on Stub Hub for 40 bucks a seat, rather than a corporation or company rent out with complete services.

Blake and Luc are going nowhere at this time. There was a reason why Futa was passed over, rumor was he was too much aligned with a complete rebuild, but who really knows.

There is clearly a fracture and an outside presence who has the full cooperation of Ed and Phil should be able to identify and correct the ship. At least on a culture level.

For anybody who has paid attention for the last 2+ seasons it's not working and it just isn't a matter of a trade or call-up. It's a culture, and that culture needs to be changed.

The only question I would have is who is that person to come in and fix the culture?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
'My job should be in question,' Blues coach Yeo says

Still has strong support from players despite St. Louis' 2-4-3 start

Wheres the quote like that from Stevens?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I've been a fan since 1992 and I don't think I've been so bored with a Kings team.

This goes back to something I've mentioned many times on the Main Board, usually in regards to some ridiculous suspension or anti-fighting thread.

If your team is not good, the NHL is f***ing horrible. They've legislated out a lot of the fire that made hockey so much different than the other major sports. Even if your team sucked, you could walk in to the arena feeling "anything could happen". Not anymore.

Your team sucks? 90% chance there are not a lot of hits, no fights and you just watch five power plays a piece and your team lose by two goals. Then you ask yourself, "why am I here?"

I've been dreading this moment as a STHer. They still dominated at home in 2015 and then put up a good regular season in 2016. So 2017 has really been the only shit ball of a home season in the kinder, gentler NHL.

I have decided to go on Sunday since the rest of my family is going and I obviously hate myself. If they don't come out with some fire, the tone for the rest of this season will have been set. Also a perfect time to let Stevens go with so much happening in LA sports this Sunday.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
same as the nfl, they're willing to sacrifice knees to take away concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad