Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
With Vilardi and Brodzinski out until who knows when, and now with Mitchell on his way down, keeping 8D so as to not lose a (small) potential asset (MacD or the Swede) adds up on the roster. Unless Brickley forces himself onto the team from day 1.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
With Vilardi and Brodzinski out until who knows when, and now with Mitchell on his way down, keeping 8D so as to not lose a (small) potential asset (MacD or the Swede) adds up on the roster. Unless Brickley forces himself onto the team from day 1.
Separated Shoulder depending on the grade is anywhere from 4-8 weeks since he's not being reported as receiving surgery which would be for a higher grade version of the injury.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Toffoli getting that demotion

Thank God, sick of seeing the 70s line together. They always defer to Carter and that line is softer than charmin.

Iafallo seems to be one of the faster players on the team, and I figure if Kopitar and Brown posted the numbers they did with him last season, why not try it again? I was also afraid Kopitar and Brown would always look to Kovalchuk on the ice, whereas putting Kovalchuk with Carter and Kempe, you know those guys are just going to pepper the net with shots.

I am also very happy to see Kempe playing on his off-wing, which is where he's always been at his most productive. Having two off-wing shots will present plenty of one-time opportunities.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The 70’s line hasn’t been good since 2014. Don’t know the Kings keep trying that for the past 4 years with little success.

I think the forward group is how the season will start with only one extra forward. Either Rempel or Etem.

I think the Kings keep MacD and Fantenberg as two extras so they don’t lose them on waivers. Brickley goes down to the A when Forbort comes back and it looks like three players will battle for the 6th spot playing time...LaDue, MacD and Fantenberg.

Reactions: resurrected

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
Lintuniemi and Mitchell on waivers.
Lints has all of the tools needed to make it in the NHL given the chance. I still believe in his game allot. Big great first step and solid up ice vision. He is a slow thinker but he has quick reaction movement. Our problem is that we don't need another 4/7 D at this point. I think he will end up having his cup o tea before it is all said and done.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
The 70’s line hasn’t been good since 2014. Don’t know the Kings keep trying that for the past 4 years with little success.

I think the forward group is how the season will start with only one extra forward. Either Rempel or Etem.

I think the Kings keep MacD and Fantenberg as two extras so they don’t lose them on waivers. Brickley goes down to the A when Forbort comes back and it looks like three players will battle for the 6th spot playing time...LaDue, MacD and Fantenberg.

Brickley will start the season with the big club. Here is hoping he sticks.

Reactions: King Trouty

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
Thank God, sick of seeing the 70s line together. They always defer to Carter and that line is softer than charmin.

Iafallo seems to be one of the faster players on the team, and I figure if Kopitar and Brown posted the numbers they did with him last season, why not try it again? I was also afraid Kopitar and Brown would always look to Kovalchuk on the ice, whereas putting Kovalchuk with Carter and Kempe, you know those guys are just going to pepper the net with shots.

I am also very happy to see Kempe playing on his off-wing, which is where he's always been at his most productive. Having two off-wing shots will present plenty of one-time opportunities.

My thoughts exactly. I really like the Carter Chucky Kempe Vil line ( or Brodzinski etc) but I thought Iafallo had an incredible first season for us and he was the big reason for Kopitar and Browns excellent seasons (or at least a key factor). We are going into this season with several more options.

Curious, what are your reads on Etem? I have been studying his play away from the puck and have been very impressed. He is always in the right spot (in comparison) and plays a head up style. Good feet and open eyes though he leans more to the right side of the ice than not I still see some upside in him. Curious what you think so far.

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Lints has all of the tools needed to make it in the NHL given the chance. I still believe in his game allot. Big great first step and solid up ice vision. He is a slow thinker but he has quick reaction movement. Our problem is that we don't need another 4/7 D at this point. I think he will end up having his cup o tea before it is all said and done.
I could see it but I think he might be blocked by guys in front of him.

Reactions: resurrected

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Glad to see Amadio given some decent wingers. I like our balance of the top 9 at the moment.

Agreed! I think Amadio has too much O ability to be on the 4th line. I think he is ready to be an impactful player. Maybe not the 20 goals 50 pt level, but possible 15 G 35 Pt level,
with 3rd line duties and decent wingers. I think these lines (posted above) are actually the best top 9 in years...I don't know why Kempe can't play any F position. His only drawbacks
are faceoffs and taking too many penalties. He can certainly play high tempo and in pretty dynamic...the pucks will go in. That 0 goals in last 25? games last yr was due to being on the
3rd line with limited skill players. he will be fine...it's Pearson and TT that may actually be better suited on the 3rd line and with Amadio, form a good 3rd line...the 70's line got
tired and ill effective.

Iafallo is actually getting better in all areas and any lapse last year, was due to being a rookie and never playing more than 45 games a year. His numbers probably will improve.
Kovy with Carter and Kempe may be a good combo. I hope the PP works on plays where Kovy fakes the big shot and passes over to Kopi (or whomever) to the right side
and buries it...goalies KNOW when a pass is going to Kovy, to prepare for a 100 mph bomb...but if he passes back to the right, I bet the PP can score more goals that way,
than his 1 timer bomb. Would love to see Kopi get off the half wall and close in and bury more on the PP.

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
Agreed! I think Amadio has too much O ability to be on the 4th line. I think he is ready to be an impactful player. Maybe not the 20 goals 50 pt level, but possible 15 G 35 Pt level,
with 3rd line duties and decent wingers. I think these lines (posted above) are actually the best top 9 in years...I don't know why Kempe can't play any F position. His only drawbacks
are faceoffs and taking too many penalties. He can certainly play high tempo and in pretty dynamic...the pucks will go in. That 0 goals in last 25? games last yr was due to being on the
3rd line with limited skill players. he will be fine...it's Pearson and TT that may actually be better suited on the 3rd line and with Amadio, form a good 3rd line...the 70's line got
tired and ill effective.

Iafallo is actually getting better in all areas and any lapse last year, was due to being a rookie and never playing more than 45 games a year. His numbers probably will improve.
Kovy with Carter and Kempe may be a good combo. I hope the PP works on plays where Kovy fakes the big shot and passes over to Kopi (or whomever) to the right side
and buries it...goalies KNOW when a pass is going to Kovy, to prepare for a 100 mph bomb...but if he passes back to the right, I bet the PP can score more goals that way,
than his 1 timer bomb. Would love to see Kopi get off the half wall and close in and bury more on the PP.

Solid takes as usual pjb.

tg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Jeff Carter scored 62, 62, 66 points while his wingers potted 25-30 goals and 40ish points at the least. They carried when Kopitar was dead. What do people think 2nd lines do?

I get your point but no need to exaggerate.

Reactions: King Trouty

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I think the Kings keep MacD and Fantenberg as two extras so they don’t lose them on waivers.

Most of the beat writers that cover the Kings don't agree with that stance. Blake believes there is enough depth now to field the best team. The only guy I think they may have applied to is Brodzinski, but now that's a moot point with his injury.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
With Brodzinski out for a while and Vilardi's chances of making the team dwindling due to injury, I have to wonder whether the Kings will look at the waiver wire closer to the season to pick up a forward. Some decent names have gone through there over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad