Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Just saw the Kovalchuk thread on nationals. I'm honestly surprised by the haters there from all those teams. You'd think we just won the cup by the shit talking.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
FWIW Amadio was our best forward vs. Vancouver. Seemed to thrive with the greater role and certainly has the two-way consciousness that Kings Cs have come to symbolize. He was creative and strong on the puck and I think the biggest complaint about him last year was that he was just so vanilla, like a slightly souped-up Nick Shore...but he was shaking people last night!

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Trade Martinez for Wood and a pick. Gives the Kings a killer 3rd line and allows Brickley to play full time.

I don't think the Devils are actively looking to move Wood; Shero himself has said that Wood has a bunch of untapped potential if his hands/brain ever catch up to his skates. It's just a tough negotiation since Wood has zero leverage (no arbitration rights, can't sign an offer sheet). Reilly Smith (and Torey Krug) was in the same boat a few years ago with the Bruins and he didn't sign until September 29th of that year.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Rob Blake has shown he has no problem putting guys on waivers - so someone like Thompson could easily end up there. But, with Brodz out, who knows...

You're right, especially considering Thompson's $1.65M cap hit. Not much risk of anyone wanting to take on that contract and if he did get claimed the extra cap room would be a nice consolation.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
If Stevens and Blake stop sticking their heads in their butts and actually put up an Iafallo-Amadio-Kempe 3rd line, maybe I'll have more faith in Stevens.

But forcing Kempe at Center and starting Thompson on the team will start my faith draining rapidly from my body.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
If Stevens and Blake stop sticking their heads in their butts and actually put up an Iafallo-Amadio-Kempe 3rd line, maybe I'll have more faith in Stevens.

But forcing Kempe at Center and starting Thompson on the team will start my faith draining rapidly from my body.

I could live with Thompson playing if he would utilize the 3rd line as you stated. Not sure Kempe has ever played on the right side though.

Reactions: King Trouty

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Watched the reply of the game. Kings look really slow for a team that has youth and supposedly an updated\tempo system.

That's sometimes a downside of going with more youth, they can't play the game fast consistently. Vets looked rusty too though it's preseason.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Watched the reply of the game. Kings look really slow for a team that has youth and supposedly an updated\tempo system.

That's sometimes a downside of going with more youth, they can't play the game fast consistently. Vets looked rusty too though it's preseason.
Yeah, moving your feet fast isn't everything. A player has to think fast too.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I don't think the Devils are actively looking to move Wood; Shero himself has said that Wood has a bunch of untapped potential if his hands/brain ever catch up to his skates. It's just a tough negotiation since Wood has zero leverage (no arbitration rights, can't sign an offer sheet). Reilly Smith (and Torey Krug) was in the same boat a few years ago with the Bruins and he didn't sign until September 29th of that year.
I dont think they are either but maybe Martinez would sway them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad