Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Oh that isn`t nice to read. Fast recovery Pears - I know I gave you a lot of flak but this is very far from my dream scenario.
But it must be something that was ruining him last seasons, no? Would it really be something completely new?

PS
Did we just became faster? :sarcasm:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
A minimum of 5 months for a MCL + meniscus injury is very strange. There has to be a hell of a lot of damage in there.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Just what Perry needs, an injury that will hinder his blazing speed.

I'm meh on this, I like Perry but I'm also excited to see other players get his minutes and see what they can do.

Also, did Bob get married to some dude with the last name Murphy? Congrats, Bob.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I know everyone talks a bunch of crap on Perry because of the obscene amount of money we're paying him right now. But this dude has been a warrior his whole career. He takes a ridiculous amount of punishment and he rarely complains about it. It's a shame he'll never be the same player again, but he's done a lot for this team over the years.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
A minimum of 5 months for a MCL + meniscus injury is very strange. There has to be a hell of a lot of damage in there.

wasn't he nursing an injury last year? I wonder if there's damage in there that they're fixing that he was trying to play. I say that because I was thinking the exact same thing.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The only good thing to come of this is Carlyle will be forced to play Kase more than 12 minutes. Other than that, this hurts our depth scoring quite a bit unless Terry steps up.

This is good news for Nick Ritchie, who just gained a little bit of leverage

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
I think this would double (or even more than that) Perry's missed games in his NHL career as I believe he was at around 50 games missed before this season. Pretty crazy the level of durability he's had.

The only good thing to come of this is Carlyle will be forced to play Kase more than 12 minutes. Other than that, this hurts our depth scoring quite a bit unless Terry steps up.

This is good news for Nick Ritchie, who just gained a little bit of leverage
I don't hold much faith in Terry being able to step up. I think he clearly has the NHL ability but he doesn't have the NHL physicality as of yet - guy has to be one of the smallest 6'1 players I've seen.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
wasn't he nursing an injury last year? I wonder if there's damage in there that they're fixing that he was trying to play. I say that because I was thinking the exact same thing.

Still doesn't answer much for me in terms of the timeline and there apparently being no damage to the ACL.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think this would double (or even more than that) Perry's missed games in his NHL career as I believe he was at around 50 games missed before this season. Pretty crazy the level of durability he's had.

I don't hold much faith in Terry being able to step up. I think he clearly has the NHL ability but he doesn't have the NHL physicality as of yet - guy has to be one of the smallest 6'1 players I've seen.
I think he'll surprise you a little. Think Kase in his rookie year (year before last year)

Reactions: mightyquack

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Oof that really sucks. Perry really doesn't need bad knee issues with his skating the way it already is.

At least we have some talented prospects that this will open a spot for. I wonder if Bob gives in a little with Ritchie's contract now.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think he'll surprise you a little. Think Kase in his rookie year (year before last year)

Yeah I think he can play in the NHL. But he’s not a guy I want to rely on to play with Getzlaf and Rakell.

Unfortunately it’s up to either him or a 34 year old Eaves who hasn’t played in a year to take that spot.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
As Stephens tweeted, our top 2 RWs right now are Kase and Terry with Silf on the left.

giphy.gif

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
anyone know how perry was hurt? or is this something that's been lingering for a while and finally needed to be addressed?

either way, he's pretty much done. not getting younger either. he was already slow as molasses and this surgery is going rob him of anything he has left in the tank. sad day for sure

and then you realize how much he's being paid and it makes this 100000x worse

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
anyone know how perry was hurt? or is this something that's been lingering for a while and finally needed to be addressed?

either way, he's pretty much done. not getting younger either. he was already slow as molasses and this surgery is going rob him of anything he has left in the tank. sad day for sure

Stephens said he’s had prior issues with the knee so it likely relates to one of the many times he’s taken a nasty knee on knee hit the last few years. I think he’s hurt both knees but can’t remember which time was which knee.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
isn't that the knee he injured, in a similar fashion, in the Minnie game a few years back?

That was his left knee.

I guess if you were going to pick a year to be bad, you could do a lot worse than this year's draft class and San Jose going all in.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
A good year to tank? Yikes that's definitely a blow. Time for the youngsters to really step up. Maybe he was fighting a nagging injury the entire time and he'll come back ala Teemu!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad