Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
From Stephens' article:
Holzer had wrist surgery and might be out for up to 5 months. He is currently in Germany.
Kossila had hip surgery and is out until November/December.
Jones has an injured thumb and may be out another month or so.
Mahura may be back next week.
Blandisi cleared for contact after an 'upper body injury'.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Sucks that Kossila is injured, this season is his chance to break into the lineup, but now he misses the start.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
was it against the Avs? That organization always seems to try and injure our players.

I still remember when Barrie defied the laws of physics, and was innocently launched a foot into the air to head shot Despres.

It was such an unfortunate result. Clearly not Barrie's fault at all. Cough.

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
I still remember when Barrie defied the laws of physics, and was innocently launched a foot into the air to head shot Despres.

It was such an unfortunate result. Clearly not Barrie's fault at all. Cough.

Man...I hope that cough isn't contagious Soj.....

It sounds pretty bad:sarcasm:

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
We seem concerned about our window, so rush Kesler back,
But won’t make the big moves at deadlines to attempt to win.

Can’t wait to watch Carlyle run Getz and company into the ground trying to stay above the playoff line, and being worn out/injured IF we make playoffs

Reactions: KaseMeOutside
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
We seem concerned about our window, so rush Kesler back,
But won’t make the big moves at deadlines to attempt to win.
I've seen better haikus. Anyway it's not even true, had Kesler in the bag until Vancouver screwed the deal, also picked up the best available forward (Eaves) the next year. Last year we stood pat, which was the right call. I've got no problems with Murray's behavior at the deadline. It's keeping RC/the assistant coaching churn that sucks.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Haha no attempt at haiku, but funny!

Picking up Eaves and his injury history, much like when we grabbed damaged Robidas was a move that worked for a short time,mand then left a hole we couldn’t fill
Kesler basically forced Vancouver as you said.

We’ve been missing pieces for each run, and IMO held a little too tightly to our young assets. The expansion draft was also handled poorly. Keeping Bieksa, making no moves and having to lose Theo to protect Manson was pretty poor

And yes, keeping our retread coach is absurd

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

injuries happening to the Ducks?

th

Reactions: Getzmonster

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
All that hard work improving his strength, conditioning, and skating going to waste

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Yep, we're stuck with him. Which is why injuries to him are a terrible thing. The last thing we need is another Kesler on our hands, two guys eating up a large portion of our cap that can't even get on the ice at 90%.

I hope he recovers and performs about in line with what he did last season

Reactions: Duck Off

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yep, we're stuck with him. Which is why injuries to him are a terrible thing. The last thing we need is another Kesler on our hands, two guys eating up a large portion of our cap that can't even get on the ice at 90%.

I hope he recovers and performs about in line with what he did last season

I was hoping for a bit of a bounce back, with the benefit of a bit longer off season, and maybe some added motivation from Murray's obviously pointed comments. We'll see I guess...

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Good God, that isn't good...

Now we have two 33+ year olds with bloated contracts for the next 3+ years and debilitating injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad