Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lols as if this injury stuff wasn't already ridiculous enough

might as well start calling the ducks the gulls

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I could see Jones getting a look for sure, but with Tropp they just don't view him as an NHL talent. They had f***ing Jason Chimera and Chris Kelly playing over him last year.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Jones has missed all of training camp and has played just 2 games. Given he's a rookie too....way too early for a recall as he won't even be 100% right now. Later in the season would be a different story.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
10 games into the season, and I’m already ready for this nightmare train wreck to be over. This is getting worse than last season, hard to believe

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'm guessing no word on Kase and Eaves? Why would they travel with the team if they weren't playing on the trip? It has to be more than just practicing with the team.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
I'm guessing no word on Kase and Eaves? Why would they travel with the team if they weren't playing on the trip? It has to be more than just practicing with the team.
Stephens tweeted that Comtois, Kase and Eaves will not be playing tonight

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I could see Jones getting a look for sure, but with Tropp they just don't view him as an NHL talent. They had ****ing Jason Chimera and Chris Kelly playing over him last year.

Does Tropp even have an NHL contract?

I think Jones is way down the depth chart I would hope they leave him in the AHL to try and develop something of an NHL game before calling him up right now.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I could see Jones getting a look for sure, but with Tropp they just don't view him as an NHL talent. They had ****ing Jason Chimera and Chris Kelly playing over him last year.
He's constantly the last cut, I'm not sure what Murray's issue with Tropp is he's done everything to prove he's a solid 4th liner. Kills penalties, hits, plays aggressive such a strange situation.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
As much as it suxks to say, our team is just incredibly injury prone at this point. Kase is never going to be an 80 game per year guy. He’s on his 5th concussion before age 24. Gibson’s injuries are well documented. Perry, Kesler, Getzlaf are too old to be counted on for more than 55 games per season moving forward. Eaves...Lol..I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets hurt immediately after coming back

You take all that then you throw in a surprise injury to Silf and Ritchie holding out, etc...

We need to go into next season knowing that 5 of our top 9 forwards are either pretty flimsy or old

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
damn, I didn't realize it was Kase's 5 concussion. Hate to say this, but he'd probably be wise to stop playing altogether.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Does Tropp even have an NHL contract?

I think Jones is way down the depth chart I would hope they leave him in the AHL to try and develop something of an NHL game before calling him up right now.

No, Tropp signed a 1-year AHL-only deal during the offseason. No call-ups for him.

I think the team needs to consider making personnel changes in the strength & conditioning department. Sure, accidents happen, but the fact that the Ducks have been one of the most injury-ridden squads in the entire league for the past 2-3 years in the row is not a good showing for the strength & condtioning people...

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Who is ahead of him? It's certainly not Terry
All the guys that are currently on the NHL roster currently despite Anaheim missing a ton of forwards.

Jones needs to stay healthy for longer than a few weeks at a time and get some match practice in the AHL before Anaheim even think about calling him up. I'm not quite as down on Jones as some others may be, but it's pretty clear at this point he needs to be handled carefully given all his injury troubles the last couple of years - no point throwing him straight in the deep end.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Looks like Silf is playing Tommorow, Not that its going to make a difference.. But all the finger pointing on this team cant be healthy for the locker room.. Gotta feeling couple of more losses and play like that, we will see some moves made..

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I do not blame conditioning coaches,
But the head coach is in his 4th year I believe.
Assistant has been here two years.

I was surprised when guys stopped using Dr Higuera
Lots of guys were in his office for few years.....cycles I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes