Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah they said they were going to be proactive and give Kesler time off if he was having issues this year. But it seems like the same stuff as last year... he’s not practicing in between games now, taking morning skates off. So much for Bob’s big announcement about how things were going to be different.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
No amount of rest can solve Kesler's problems it's looking like. He is what he is

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I feel the last two games kesler has looked a touch better and stronger than he did last year but I still see him as a long way from his prime. Hopefully he can keep improving and be a solid 2c as opposed to a 3c like he has been the last couple of games.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I feel the last two games kesler has looked a touch better and stronger than he did last year but I still see him as a long way from his prime. Hopefully he can keep improving and be a solid 2c as opposed to a 3c like he has been the last couple of games.
He’s not going to go back to being a 2C. He is 34 years old and has a hip that won’t get better. He’s done about as well as we could have hoped for so far

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
He’s not going to go back to being a 2C. He is 34 years old and has a hip that won’t get better. He’s done about as well as we could have hoped for so far
And either way, Kesler looking good for a handful of games isn't the thing that needs to be looked at - he's still got skill so of course he can look good for a few games in a row. It's a case of how far he falls and limiting that decline as much as possible after playing 30+ games in a row (if he even manages it), if he can be a decent 3c in that situation then that's about the best Anaheim can hope for.

I still would not be surprised if Kesler hangs them up at the end of the season if I'm honest (in the sense he finishes on LTIR so he doesn't lose his money).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad